+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Bourdain found dead in hotel

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Anthony Bourdain found dead in hotel

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Obviously, we don't KNOW anything beyond the reports. Suicide and depression are highly corollated (that's what we call an understatement).

I can't speak for anybody else on why he was entertaining to them, but I really enjoyed his sense of humor. I liked how he approached the show. You really felt like you knew him once he was done. Clearly, his politics differed from mine at a number of points, but I can say that about 100% of the entertainers I enjoy. I'd never stop listening to the Eagles just because Don Henley is a lifelong democrat...right HD?
    That's the point, isn't it? They get paid to SING, not talk to you and I about their politics. It's the same for NFL football players. Just play football. That's what they get paid to do. I'm not interested in a football players silly politics. Especially when he's probably not as smart as Johnny to begin with.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's the point, isn't it? They get paid to SING, not talk to you and I about their politics. It's the same for NFL football players. Just play football. That's what they get paid to do. I'm not interested in a football players silly politics. Especially when he's probably not as smart as Johnny to begin with.
    I went to Jazz Fest in 2017 where Stevie Wonder ranted on about Trump. Many in the crowd started booing and picking up their stuff and leaving. There was no cheering. He finally apologized and continued to play but the night was ruined for all.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I went to Jazz Fest in 2017 where Stevie Wonder ranted on about Trump. Many in the crowd started booing and picking up their stuff and leaving. There was no cheering. He finally apologized and continued to play but the night was ruined for all.
    You must have been tripping on acid or something, because the crowd was cheering for what he was saying.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1xjtK52uuio

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

And note there was no apology, either. If your night was ruined, you were most likely alone with that feeling, but maybe you should think about why such a statement of unity and anti-divisiveness would ruin your evening. Those feelings of guilt are tying to speak to you. You should listen.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    And note there was no apology, either. If your night was ruined, you were most likely alone with that feeling, but maybe you should think about why such a statement of unity and anti-divisiveness would ruin your evening. Those feelings of guilt are tying to speak to you. You should listen.
    Wonder only apologized for ranting too long and maybe "going too deep" as if the large crowd of non-Hollywood types weren't smart enough to follow him. That is it; not that he spewed his political views.

As far as the night being ruined, he was the last entertainer and set a terrible finishing mood.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I went to Jazz Fest in 2017
    Pictures, or it didn't happen.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I believe that is Tyler wearing his TECH shirt on the left with his hat on. lol
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post

Actually, that could easily be my fat self in that pic.

Were you in the video I posted?

Were you in the video I posted?
    I was behind that cameraman but not by much.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Looks like it was “pride” day...

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post

Just trying to pull one off. The pic was from a google search. lol
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

So......about this "statement of unity"......does that mean you, Stevie Wonder and all the other libtards are willing to UNITE behind our President?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Looks like he died with an estate worth only 1.2 million. Due to poor estate planning, his assets have been made public.

Pretty crazy.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Looks like he died with an estate worth only 1.2 million. Due to poor estate planning, his assets have been made public.

Pretty crazy.
    Do you know something about estate planning, johnny?

Is that net worth or gross at $1.2 million for Bourdain's estate? First, given his celebrity status, etc. one would assume his wealth would be considerably higher. But, you might recall that in spite of grossing $45 million in salary, and many, many $millions more in endorsements and TV and movies, Kareem Abdul Jabbar was flat broke...until his good friend, Magic Johnson helped him out financially. Some people only know how to spend money, not manage it.

The average retirement age American has a net worth of only $175K, including their residence. And $31K without it. Younger Americans have from negative net wealth to about $84K, including equity in their residence. Millennials, as a group, have negative net worth, with the best of them sitting at a whopping $4,000 in net worth. If that is net worth, then Bourdain's estate is in the top 10% among American households. To be in the top 5% requires $2.4 million, and the top 1% requires $10.4 million in net worth.

I know you know all of this, but the average American is mostly clueless...especially those millennials.

+ Reply to Thread