+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our AD Continues...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Our AD Continues...

...to make changes to save a nickle.

One of the few unique "traditions" we've offered our fans at the baseball games is when a train goes by fans get any single concession item for 1/2 off. Not any more. After having done this for all home games this year they changed it last night. Too many trains I reckon. Can't make this crap up.

BTW, please either shut down the PA guy completely or get somebody up there who has a clue. Also, PLEASE get rid of the lame "Got eem!" sound bite when we get the rare strikeout of an opposing batter.

The raffle was so bad they finally quit doing it. Not because it was an embarrassment, but because it was a very work intensive operation.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Re: Our AD Continues...

TMc ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

How was the discontinuation of the promotion communicated to the public?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    rectally

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    "we don't do dat no mo!"

Big Dog LATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really nice LATECH87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    So ebonically???
    I wasn't expecting that. I just busted out laughing

Big Dog DogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the rough

Does a decision like that actually come from the AD or some underling? I would think that the AD of DI school has more important things to do than weigh in on a baseball concession promotion. Esp. if it was popular.

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

when I worked for athletic dept, Aramark would usually let admins know in preseason meetings what it could offer as far as sales or what their plan was. this was when vandevelde was AD. the athletic dept (or university not sure on the money exchange) just got a % of sales and had little input on what was sold or how. Aramark would adjust its plan depending on sales and attendance throughout the year.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

So when I attend games the next two weekends, and the train goes by and my kids get excited and hurriedly ask for concession money so they can run to buy something...and I have to explain this to them...they are not going to be happy. Which will make me unhappy. When I get unhappy, my wallet gets difficult to open.

Here's the thing...change the promotion and save money. Fine. Don't eliminate the cool thing associated with the train coming by. It is unique to our facility, and kids love it.

Quote Originally Posted by DogDawg View Post
    Does a decision like that actually come from the AD or some underling? I would think that the AD of DI school has more important things to do than weigh in on a baseball concession promotion. Esp. if it was popular.
    They don't buy toilet paper w/out asking our AD first. He is a micro manager w/no management ability.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    ...to make changes to save a nickle.

One of the few unique "traditions" we've offered our fans at the baseball games is when a train goes by fans get any single concession item for 1/2 off. Not any more. After having done this for all home games this year they changed it last night. Too many trains I reckon. Can't make this crap up.

BTW, please either shut down the PA guy completely or get somebody up there who has a clue. Also, PLEASE get rid of the lame "Got eem!" sound bite when we get the rare strikeout of an opposing batter.

The raffle was so bad they finally quit doing it. Not because it was an embarrassment, but because it was a very work intensive operation.
    Forgive me for conflating your first two mini-rants , but isn't it possible the half-price/train deal didn't go away? Perhaps the marketing/PA guy just didn't get around to it because it took too much effort.

I really enjoy Doug Postel when he does PA (he's the "Gladuuuuuuuu" guy who actually has a little energy), but the other guy is just terrible. Why does it change from one game to the next? Don't most schools have a consistent PA person?

You are spot on about the raffle--way too labor intensive. I find it amusing when they mention the "marketing" table behind home plate. Does that refer to the table that holds the rosters? Is THAT our marketing effort? Or maybe it's the "Name That Tune" thing, because that's pretty much all they do.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    ... but isn't it possible the half-price/train deal didn't go away? Perhaps the marketing/PA guy just didn't get around to it because it took too much effort.
    Is it possible the workers didn't honor tradition because the PA guy didn't announce it? Nah, I figure the AD went with his usual business model and decided to punish those in attendance for the lack of attendance.

BTW, he announced 1558 in attendance. Less than 500 were actually there.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    So when I attend games the next two weekends, and the train goes by and my kids get excited and hurriedly ask for concession money so they can run to buy something...and I have to explain this to them...they are not going to be happy. Which will make me unhappy. When I get unhappy, my wallet gets difficult to open.

Here's the thing...change the promotion and save money. Fine. Don't eliminate the cool thing associated with the train coming by. It is unique to our facility, and kids love it.
    I went to a St. Paul Saints minor league game in St. Paul, MN. once. They have a train that runs outside the fences like Tech does, but it comes by much more frequently. Every time it comes by, the announcer would yell, "TRAIN", and there was a special at the concession stand. They also gave haircuts in the stands. Yep, and manicures and pedicures, too. Between innings, there would always be something going on like pig races around the bases, sumo wrestling, etc. It was hard to remember there was a baseball game going on!

Puppy ntruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her game ntruppel's Avatar

When I asked the concession worker about this two weeks ago, I was told it was because the promotion was "throwing off their inventory." So, apparently its an Aramark decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ntruppel View Post
    When I asked the concession worker about this two weeks ago, I was told it was because the promotion was "throwing off their inventory." So, apparently its an Aramark decision.
    No it wasn't. Our AD and his tall boy control concessions. Aramark is just the vehicle that provides the poor service.

BTW, did you catch the meaning of "throwing off the inventory"? It means "we were selling too much".

Like I said, you can't make this crap up.

+ Reply to Thread