+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favored vs. Underdog

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Favored vs. Underdog

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Huge in Texas? Beating LSU would be huge here too. But, ONLY from the perspective of the Walmart fans. Not to anyone who really matters. Certainly not to true college football fans, and NOT to real Tech fans either. By that mean, no more than beating ANY good P5 on the road. It would be a quality road win for the Dawgs, no doubt about it. But, beating Bama on the road, especially in a year they were SEC Champs would be doubly HUGE....and we DID THAT! So, puhleeeze….act like you've been there before...because we have.

Y'all have been in Texas too long. So, let me attempt to explain this to you, if I can. If Tech beats LSU there will be ZERO, NADA, ZILCH credit or accolades given to Tech. Instead, the entire event will be viewed and analyzed strictly from the POV of LSU. It will NOT be considered a Tech win, it will ONLY be an LSU loss. In other words, how did LSU lose...not what did Tech do well to win. So, again, cut the crap.

I want to beat LSU for several reasons....but the single biggest and most important reason is LSU is a game on our 2018 schedule, and I want to win 'em all. It is that simple.

If you took a poll of "real Tech fans" and asked them which of our 13 regular season games on this 2018 schedule they would prefer to see Tech win the most, the response would overwhelmingly favor beating LSU. As for the rest of that nonsensical post, Bruce Springsteen said it best; you're like "the dog that's been beat too much". LOL!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    If you took a poll of "real Tech fans" and asked them which of our 13 regular season games on this 2018 schedule they would prefer to see Tech win the most, the response would overwhelmingly favor beating LSU. As for the rest of that nonsensical post, Bruce Springsteen said it best; you're like "the dog that's been beat too much". LOL!
    So, what happens if we lose to LSU? Season over? Nothing left to play for? That's what your advocating with this silliness.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I am a real Tech Fan and the regular season game I want to win most is the last one - C-USA Championship.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

A win over LSU would have to be followed up with TECH winning out the rest of the season for TECH to actually get the credit for WINNING the game and not merely LSU LOSING the game. If we beat LSU for all the right reasons we probably have a good shot at going undefeated, it has to be a quality win though, not a bunch of lucky breaks, even though I believe you make your own luck!

We keep worrying about beating LSU and losing the other games after that, if we beat LSU, we may have nothing to worry about. TECH can run the table right on out to a conference championship and then a bowl victory if we are truly a good enough team to beat LSU.

I have to agree though, beating LSU gets us more "street cred" than a conference championship gets us, not a lot of people notice outside our fan base notice when we beat UTSA and some of the others. Like it or not, we need that "street cred", that is what gets the attention of those wal-mart fans, they at least quit wearing the purple and puke shirts when LSU suffers an embarrassing loss.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

So, what happens if we lose to LSU? Season over? Nothing left to play for? That's what your advocating with this silliness.
    No. That's what YOU advocated with your silly response. My message was very clear. And you know I'm right. Take that poll, and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I am a real Tech Fan and the regular season game I want to win most is the last one - C-USA Championship.
    Stupid response. Out of the 13 regular season games, which do you want to win the most? And try being honest for a change.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Unless LSU has lost every game up to the point we play them and they have been beaten every time savagely, a win for TECH at LSU would be our most significant win of the season. Does not matter if we win every game, the conference Championship, and a bowl game, those will not be as important. Louisiana Tech defeating LSU would be talked about on every national major and minor news outlet, social media, and every coffee pot and water cooler around the state. The LSU victory would be the one game that gets us the attention we so desire, just a fact that the LSU fan is more prevelant in this state and surrounding area than our fans.

A victory is a David and Goliath story, the rest of the country likes that, well, other than the SEC homers.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid response. Out of the 13 regular season games, which do you want to win the most? And try being honest for a change.
    Sorry, I thought we had only 12 regular season games and the 13th was the championship. I try to be honest. Sometimes I don't research.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Sorry, I thought we had only 12 regular season games and the 13th was the championship. I try to be honest. Sometimes I don't research.
    Touche! 12 regular season games and a bowl game. Which single game do you want to win the most?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Does not matter if we win every game, the conference Championship, and a bowl game, those will not be as important...
    If we win every game and the CUSA Championship game we will be in the Access Bowl game. That Access Bowl game would be undisputeably the biggest game (both from a national perception and REVENUE perspective) in Louisiana Tech's football history- much bigger than the upset win at LSU!

Touche! 12 regular season games and a bowl game. Which single game do you want to win the most?
    Right now UAB. I really hate those sob's. If we beat them then maybe FAU because it is a more important game conference wise. Now I'm sounding like Skip, but they're also very good. LSU is right about equal to FAU in who I would like to beat the most. So I don't discount a victory against them.

Now which team which you rather lose to? LSU or UAB? That's not quite the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    If we win every game and the CUSA Championship game we will be in the Access Bowl game. That Access Bowl game would be undisputeably the biggest game (both from a national perception and REVENUE perspective) in Louisiana Tech's football history- much bigger than the upset win at LSU!
    Yes, an access bowl is important to all of us, the true blue Tech fans, alumni, students, and athletes. Yes it is very important to our program, but if we play say one of the big10-12, PAC, ACC, teams, who is going to remember that in two years? Will Louisiana remember the LSU victory or the Access bowl? That Access bowl would have to be a Boise State-Oklahoma tostitos type game for it to be stuck in anyone's memory in two years. The LSU victory just does more for our statewide perception, I don't like it, but I think that is what it boils down to.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Yes, an access bowl is important to all of us, the true blue Tech fans, alumni, students, and athletes. Yes it is very important to our program, but if we play say one of the big10-12, PAC, ACC, teams, who is going to remember that in two years? Will Louisiana remember the LSU victory or the Access bowl? That Access bowl would have to be a Boise State-Oklahoma tostitos type game for it to be stuck in anyone's memory in two years. The LSU victory just does more for our statewide perception, I don't like it, but I think that is what it boils down to.
    It sucks, but the fact remains that you've hit the nail on the head. Doubt most people can tell you if Troy won the Suckbelt. Doubt most CFB fans even know where Troy is or what conference they're in.

But they know who won in Baton Rouge.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

No. That's what YOU advocated with your silly response. My message was very clear. And you know I'm right. Take that poll, and see.
    Don't dodge the question. Season over if we lose to LSU?

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Don't dodge the question. Season over if we lose to LSU?
    Dude, no, that’s not what anyone is saying. Why does everything have to be one extreme or the other with you? We are supposed to lose. A loss is expected by most, and will be accepted just like any other loss where we are underdogs. Now a victory would be a huge upset and pull us one step closer to the top team in LA. It would help our statewide perception more than any other P5 win (minus Alabama)

+ Reply to Thread