+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Benson's Belch survival plan

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Benson's Belch survival plan

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    The Belt gets an extension on its contract with CST and CSS but for only one year. It would not surprise me at all if this agreement is cut in 2014-15 with some of these time slots going to the AAC, given its new agreement with ESPN.

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/SPORTS/...Announced.aspx
    Bumping this post from a little more than a year ago. I suspected something like this would happen. Benson is trying to spin this as a big new agreement with ESPN, where every Sun Belt game will at least be an internet broadcast. The Lafayette Advertiser's headline sums it up.

"More ESPN3, no CST, in Sun Belt telecasts"

"“This new agreement gives the Sun Belt a tremendous boost on our television coverage,” Benson said, “especially on the digital side with ESPN3 that becomes the wave of the future on how fans will watch college sports.”But the new venture, Benson added, “didn’t come without some pain and angst.”

The reason for that, according to the commissioner: It marks the end of the partnership between the Sun Belt and two regional sports networks, CST and recently shuttered CSS, that for the past five years has distributed games via the Sun Belt Network. The Sun Belt Network, in other words, has ceased operations.

“It’s now time to move forward and move on with this new and very exciting opportunity with ESPN,” Benson said.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/s...asts/13029819/

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Bumping this post from a little more than a year ago. I suspected something like this would happen. Benson is trying to spin this as a big new agreement with ESPN, where every Sun Belt game will at least be an internet broadcast. The Lafayette Advertiser's headline sums it up.

"“This new agreement gives the Sun Belt a tremendous boost on our television coverage,” Benson said, “especially on the digital side with ESPN3 that becomes the wave of the future on how fans will watch college sports.”But the new venture, Benson added, “didn’t come without some pain and angst.”

The reason for that, according to the commissioner: It marks the end of the partnership between the Sun Belt and two regional sports networks, CST and recently shuttered CSS, that for the past five years has distributed games via the Sun Belt Network. The Sun Belt Network, in other words, has ceased operations.

“It’s now time to move forward and move on with this new and very exciting opportunity with ESPN,” Benson said.

I heard the interview with his excuses/explanations. He is such a loser.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I heard the interview with his excuses/explanations. He is such a loser.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

CBS Sports Network isn't carried by Cox in south Louisiana . . . so ESPN3 looks like a pretty sweet deal from my perspective. The only Tech games I saw were the games I attended; felt like I was back in the 90's except I at least had radio back then.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    CBS Sports Network isn't carried by Cox in south Louisiana . . . so ESPN3 looks like a pretty sweet deal from my perspective. The only Tech games I saw were the games I attended; felt like I was back in the 90's except I at least had radio back then.
    Actually, it's carried in the New Orleans market by Cox but not in the Lafayette/Baton Rouge market. Do you have other provider options? Uverse, DirecTV, etc..?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Has anyone told Benson that putting games on ESPN3 isn't televising them? It's called internet streaming.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 07-25-2014 at 06:49 AM.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

It sounds like you need to complain to Cox and switch pay TV providers. CBS Sports Network is available to over 96 million American households. That means CBSSN is available to all but about 2% of households with ESPN. I guess that makes you a 2%er. Internet streaming with ESPN3.com is available to 85 million, and WatchESPN is only available to 55 million.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 07-25-2014 at 06:53 AM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Rouge just got stated by '06.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I've complained to Cox, may switch to Direct TV depending on how we look at Oklahoma, and consider myself an aspiring 1er%.

I've complained to Cox, may switch to Direct TV depending on how we look at Oklahoma, and consider myself an aspiring 1er%.
    Before you switch to DirecTV, make sure the ISP you are planning to use allows you to access ESPN3. DirecTV still hasn't reached a deal with WatchESPN. Dish Network may be a better option if you have apple TV, tablet, or smart phone because Dish offers WatchESPN.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 07-25-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Before you switch to DirecTV, make sure the ISP you are planning to use allows you to access ESPN3. DirecTV still hasn't reached a deal with WatchESPN. Dish Network may be a better option if you have apple TV, tablet, or smart phone because Dish offers WatchESPN.
    The DirecTV contract with E$PN is up in just months. Negotiations are underway to get $EC Network on before football season starts if not by the August 14 premiere date. When the new deal kicks in it will almost certainly have WatchE$PN and possibly also Longhorn Network included at least a-la-carte.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

DirectTV will be a last-minute thing. DISH out foxed them and has hogged the satellite contract after committing first. . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Always good comedy relief when Benson is on local radio. Yesterday he talked about what a great TV package they have with ESPN3 and how 18 to 30 year olds want to watch college football on their online devices rather than on a TV.

He also called Santoria Black "Santonio" through the entire interview. He's been calling him that for years.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

That afternoon show has plummeted like a lead balloon since Fox left -

It's a hard listen now - even just the 10 minute drive from the office to the house, have to turn it if I have to go to CA or Haynesville first...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    That afternoon show has plummeted like a lead balloon since Fox left -

It's a hard listen now - even just the 10 minute drive from the office to the house, have to turn it if I have to go to CA or Haynesville first...
    I agree.

+ Reply to Thread