+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading currently?

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Re: What are you reading currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus_KKY View Post
    Just finished Kill Shot by Vince Flynn (his latest book). Vince has series out on covert black ops performed by a CIA Assasin with the assistance of of various military and federal agencies such as FBI, Seal Team 6, Delta Squad, and other foreign intelligence agencies. They target extreme terrerorist organisations and save America from the brink of disaster by preventing numerous attacks on our country. Very intense action packed stories. The main Character Mitch Rapp is a total bad ass and a man i would not cross in real life. I recommend any thing written by Vince Flynn!
    That one arrived for me to pick up from the library today. Glad we got this book as he was diagnosed with cancer last year so the book got severely pushed back. I hope he continues to recover. The Mitch Rapp series is terrific. Brad Thor writes about a similar guy named Scott Harvath, Mark Greaney has a guy named the Gray Man, and an author named Alex Berenson writes similar stuff. All solid authors although I'm a bit burned out on the "lets kill terrorist" plotlines. Rapp manages to stay fresh though

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Books I'm reading now:
    The High Window (Raymond Chandler)
    Godric (Frederick Buechner)
    Things Fall Apart (Chinua Achebe)
    Vanished Kingdoms: The Rise and Fall of States and Nations (Norman Davies)
    Caves of Steel (Isaac Asimov)
    The Lord and His Prayer (N.T. Wright)

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Just finished Killing Lincoln by O'Reilly and have started Thunder and Rain by Charles Martin.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Books I'm reading now:
    The High Window (Raymond Chandler)
    Godric (Frederick Buechner)
    Things Fall Apart (Chinua Achebe)
    Vanished Kingdoms: The Rise and Fall of States and Nations (Norman Davies)
    Caves of Steel (Isaac Asimov)
    The Lord and His Prayer (N.T. Wright)
    what's wrong with reading one at a time?

i just finished atlas shrugged and a couple of sherlock holmes books. i just started the godfather.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post

i just finished atlas shrugged and a couple of sherlock holmes books. i just started the godfather.
    The Godfather is awesome. I re-read some Sherlock Holmes stories after I watched the first season of the BBC Sherlock show a few months back.

As for the one book at a time thing, it's really a matter of not being able to wait because several look interesting to me. The Chandler book is mine. I've read it before, but the library books were in the other room a few nights ago and I was looking at my book shelf and couldn't remember a whole lot about it (except that while it's good because I really like his writing, it's not in the same stratosphere as The Long Goodbye or The Big Sleep, which are classics). So I picked it up, and there you go. Things Fall Apart is mine too, and I've been meaning to read it since I got it.

Besides, look who's talking.
    Last edited by inudesu; 04-06-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Varsity Bulldog Lazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of light Lazarus_KKY's Avatar

I enjoyed the godfather as well!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

I re-read some Sherlock Holmes stories after I watched the first season of the BBC Sherlock show a few months back.
    my motivation as well. that's a good series. the first episode was basically "a study in scarlet" with a few details changed (and without the personal revenge angle).

my motivation as well. that's a good series. the first episode was basically "a study in scarlet" with a few details changed (and without the personal revenge angle).
    Yeah, we liked it. I wish our library had more than just season one.

Yeah, we liked it. I wish our library had more than just season one.
    texastina says season 2 will be available to ordinary americans sometime in may, i think.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Is the Hunger Games worth reading?

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Yeah. It isn't going to change your life or anything, but it's not too bad.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I finished all 3 in about 4 days it's a good series;
    Just read The Magicians by Lev Grossman, good book think Harry Potter but college, I liked it
    I'm waiting on the final Wheel Of Time book to come out, then I'll reread all 14 of them...
    Also waiting on the wife to finish The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstein

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Just read The Magicians by Lev Grossman, good book think Harry Potter but college, I liked it
    The sequel is good, too.

I read the first 5 or 6 Wheel of Time books a long time ago. It just got so melodramatic and soap-operaish that I kind of lost interest.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

The sequel is good, too.

I read the first 5 or 6 Wheel of Time books a long time ago. It just got so melodramatic and soap-operaish that I kind of lost interest.
    I was planning on reading the sequel, didn't know when it came out...

Those middle books in WoT are a lot of plot setup but no action, they pay off later though...

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I was planning on reading the sequel, didn't know when it came out...
    I think Bob and I discussed in this thread back when it came out. Supposed to be a third one eventually.

+ Reply to Thread