+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cats again

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Cats again

Two slide shows.

One sweet and nice for the Peterbalds
    http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

and one rockin one for the Brambles:
    http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: Cats again

Sorry champ but that kinda freaked me out.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Which one freaked you out? The ones that looked like an alien experiment or the ones of the sweet looking animals being "subdued" with a leash?

Speaking of leash trained, I sold a straight coat Bramble to a couple in Benton yesterday. Nice couple and they loved the cat. Wasn't very expensive due to it having a regular coat, instead of a wire coat, but looks just like a Bengal with a longer body. It was this one:

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Are those Peterbalds really bald or does it have very short fur? Some look bald, but some look like they have some fur.

Also, if you could come up with a cat with fur but doesn't shed, I'd get rid of mine now.
    Go Tech!

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    Are those Peterbalds really bald or does it have very short fur? Some look bald, but some look like they have some fur.

Also, if you could come up with a cat with fur but doesn't shed, I'd get rid of mine now.

There are several coat types:

Ultra hairless - completely bald
    Fur Point - bald except on feet, tail, muzzle (which has just a little fuzz)
    Suede Coat - tiny bit of hair that you can't really see, but they have a softer feel than an ultra bald.

Those 3 types can be shown to championship.

Then, there are the brush coats and straight coats. Brush coats have a wiry coat and straight coats have a short coat like a regular cat. I developed the Bramble breed from the brush coat genetic trait.

In any litter of kittens, you can get any of these type coats. Also, to make it more confusing, the Peterbald loses coat as it matures. So, some can start out a brush coat and end up hairless. The first Peterbald was, actually, a "hair losing" cat. It was not born bald. Now we can get born bald kittens.

You can't breed two ultra hairless together or there will be problems. You can breed a suede or fur point with an ultra hairless.

For the Peterbald, we use the Oriental Shorthair breed as an outcross to increase the genetic pool, since the breed is so rare. That increases the chances of having straight coats, but the body type is better for the show halls.

The hairless trait in the Peterbald is dominant. In the Sphynx (the other hairless breed of cat), the hairless trait is recessive. So, you can breed a hairless Peterbald with an Oriental Shorthair and get some hairless in the first generation. On a Sphynx, you can't do that - you would get all straight coats.

Too much information? I can go on.

+ Reply to Thread