+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoff Picture

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: NFL Playoff Picture

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Who gives a crap whether or not Goodell "talked to the players"? Is that supposed to make them feel better? I guess we should just give 'em a safe space to hide.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Brees got popped hard in the helmet/facemask twice in the Rams' game..no call either time. Would it have mattered? No one can know for sure, but since both of those plays would have given the Saints a 1st down on drives that petered out...maybe.

That no-call, by any estimation, was one of the most egregious mess-ups in NFL reffing history (should have left it at "effing" history). Even the guilty party, the Rams' DB, admitted after the game he knew he had been beat and didn't want to give up an easy, walk-in touchdown. So he deliberately took out Lewis.

Still, as I point out to any who will listen. The Saints kicked a FG and took the lead 23-20 with 1:40 left, and couldn't hold the Rams from scoring. Then the Saints won the toss in OT and had a chance to win it, but Brees threw the INT. And yes, there were some missed calls that went both ways, although I think any fair-minded observers would agree the Saints got the short end of that stick too. Everyone knew it was gonna be a close, tough game, and when that's the case, you can always go back to just ONE PLAY and say, change that one, and you change the outcome.

Water under the bridge now...
    Good, fair post. And don't forget the play just before (I think) the controversial "no call" play........instead of the Saints running the clock down to almost nothing with a run play before the Saints' last FG kick, Brees threw an incomplete pass. He left the Rams with much more time than necessary to come back.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Who gives a crap whether or not Goodell "talked to the players"? Is that supposed to make them feel better? I guess we should just give 'em a safe space to hide.
    Not at all. Just more of shady Goodell and the NFL's bad judgment, lies and deception.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Pats are amazing.

Not every team needs an Edelman....only those who want to win Super Bowls.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Pats are amazing.

Not every team needs an Edelman....only those who want to win Super Bowls.
    The Saints need an Edelman.

Owners are already meeting trying to figure out how to get more offense in the game. Considering having DB’s wear blindfolds.

The GOAT QB can only score 13 points in a flag football league. What a joke.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

13 - 3? Doesn't sound like I missed much of a game. Not a surprise the Lambs lost.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Does EllAye Tech lead the G5 in number of Super Bowl rings won?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    13 - 3? Doesn't sound like I missed much of a game. Not a surprise the Lambs lost.
    I loved it! Both defenses stepped up and played lights out. Wade Phillips is a great DC. Of course the Pats played good D because Belicheck has taken over calling the defense.

As for the GOAT QB...he has SIX Super Bowl rings. More than anyone else.

There's a lot of sour grapes all over the blogs and the Net. Oh well...those folks can wallow in their own "piss & vinegar." Meanwhile the Pats have lifted their 6th Lombardi and now have had their 9th SB appearance in the last 17 years under B&B.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Pats are great. That game was terrible. The halftime show was even worse.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    The Saints need an Edelman.
    The 49ers have one. I wish the Saints would make him an offer.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    The 49ers have one. I wish the Saints would make him an offer.
    Hunter Renfroe from Clemson.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

Good, fair post. And don't forget the play just before (I think) the controversial "no call" play........instead of the Saints running the clock down to almost nothing with a run play before the Saints' last FG kick, Brees threw an incomplete pass. He left the Rams with much more time than necessary to come back.
    Thanks, HogDawg. I've been wondering if anyone was ever going to bring up the Saints' play selection after the long completion. No expert here but I couldn't believe they would throw a pass, unless it had a very good chance of being completed, instead of making LA burn their timeouts.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan View Post
    Thanks, HogDawg. I've been wondering if anyone was ever going to bring up the Saints' play selection after the long completion. No expert here but I couldn't believe they would throw a pass, unless it had a very good chance of being completed, instead of making LA burn their timeouts.
    Drew changed to play at the line
    The sideline conversation shows what the Saints had in mind before Brees changed the play at the line because of how the Rams were aligned defensively and threw a first-down pass to Michael Thomas that was low and incomplete.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I initially thought the same thing. But even after the Rams burnt their two timeouts three running plays would have still left more than a minute on the clock going into the field goal attempt. The Rams would have had more than enough time to get Greg the Leg into field goal range.

I agree with Brees in that the look they were given at the line of scrimmage left Thomas wide open. In fact, if the throw is on the mark Thomas probably scores.

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I initially thought the same thing. But even after the Rams burnt their two timeouts three running plays would have still left more than a minute on the clock going into the field goal attempt. The Rams would have had more than enough time to get Greg the Leg into field goal range.

I agree with Brees in that the look they were given at the line of scrimmage left Thomas wide open. In fact, if the throw is on the mark Thomas probably scores.
    Yep. I've come around on this too. The play was there...it was just a bad throw...which happens.

That said, I think the Saints got their vindication last night. Go out and get somebody to go along with Thomas and we should be able to be in the hunt next year. Drew's years are drawing to a close. It's now or never (or later...whatever).

+ Reply to Thread