+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peach Festival

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Peach Festival

Just got back from a spontaneous trip to Ruston and the Peach Festival. Overall it was good there were alot of people out and downtown looked pretty good. Peaches were good and plentiful and folks were generally nice all around. Parking wasn't bad and the heat was draining but mostly bearable with a 6 month old.

One major issue, (I know this has been discussed before) Tech had very little to no presence at the festival. I didn't make it to the parade but I saw two people sporting Blue Crew shirts and that was the only reference to Tech that I saw. Maybe its just me but with Ruston being home of Louisiana Tech, the Peach Festival needs to basically be branded (but unofficially) Louisiana Tech's Peach Festival.

How hard is it to have the foresight to bring some of the Bookstore inventory out and set up a couple of booths. My thinking is that the bookstore is closed (I assume it is still mainly the only source for Tech gear in Ruston), pay some people and set up a couple of booths to get Tech gear in front of people. I figure most of the poeple in town come to Ruston no more than 3 times a year. You are targeting a seldom tapped market and getting our brand out in the public.

I told my wife that I was getting sick with all the lsu crud there, everyother vendor had lsu crud to sell. Now I know that we have a licensing issue with our logo, but this seems like easy and big bucks for the bookstore.

Sorry for the rant of an otherwise good Peach Festival.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Re: Peach Festival

Here are some football players and cheerleaders. They threw some blue crew shirts during the parade.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Terrance Calais (#4) looks good in Reflex Blue!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

atobulldog, glad to see someone else noticed. Did you read my comment in the Tech Gear thread? I thought surely someone would maybe notice and comment about the lack of Tech stuff at the Peach Festival. Your thought about it being branded unofficially Tech's festival was sort of what I was thinking when I said what I did. I don't know how to do quotes correctly, so here is what I had said after going Thursday night:
    Speaking of Tech gear,or the lack thereof, I found it amusing (well, not really) that last night when I went to RR Park to the Peach Festival I found a vendor with a selection of license plates that included 5-6 of that other school down south as well as another p and g item elsewhere. The saddest to me was walking up the sidewalk to my car and there as big as life were two really nicely framed photos of, you guessed it. Tech and LSU on the scrimmage line, I guess it was, and then another big framed photo of LSU players only. Now someone explain to me why that would be there anytime, but particularly during the Peach Festival when hundreds of people are downtown. We should be flaunting red and blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    vbrep_register("488573")

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

saw lonnie cooper friday night at the peach festival...hes still playin in France....really nice guy.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    atobulldog, glad to see someone else noticed. Did you read my comment in the Tech Gear thread? I thought surely someone would maybe notice and comment about the lack of Tech stuff at the Peach Festival. Your thought about it being branded unofficially Tech's festival was sort of what I was thinking when I said what I did. I don't know how to do quotes correctly, so here is what I had said after going Thursday night:
    Speaking of Tech gear,or the lack thereof, I found it amusing (well, not really) that last night when I went to RR Park to the Peach Festival I found a vendor with a selection of license plates that included 5-6 of that other school down south as well as another p and g item elsewhere. The saddest to me was walking up the sidewalk to my car and there as big as life were two really nicely framed photos of, you guessed it. Tech and LSU on the scrimmage line, I guess it was, and then another big framed photo of LSU players only. Now someone explain to me why that would be there anytime, but particularly during the Peach Festival when hundreds of people are downtown. We should be flaunting red and blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    vbrep_register("488573")
    We just got back from the Peachfest. I missed the parade, so I didn't see the Tech participants. It was nice seeing my popular Tech vs. LSU pic on display in the frame shop. Usually Lead Terry displays that photo or the Johnathan Holland catch in his window display. (Guess he displays my photos cuz lots of people have been buying them . . . especially at Tech athletic silent auctions.)
    Sorry, CP, if you're offended at collectible, fine art .
    It was also nice to see all of the photos Moose purchased from me and put on display at his Pontchatulas restaurant. Saw Sam Wilkinson there. Heard Dooley's season ticket ad on the radio at least four times in the hour I listened to ESPN then z-107.5.
    I had not been to the Peachfest in several years and I was pleasantly surprised at how far it has come since my days at The Leader. A good job and effort by the Ruston volunteers.
    Oh, and the peach ice cream! Does the Tech Dairy know how to make peach ice cream (with Ruston peaches) or what!?!!
    I found it to be a positive afternoon with the family.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Well,Dawgpix, I guess I get in hot water no matter what I say. I got "told" a few comments when I made the mistake of "taking up" for ULM once, so here I was thinking y'all might be distressed to see LSU pics downtown during the festival. Can't seem to please you people. And, I was not offended at your fine art at all. They are both very good pics, and I've seen other good ones of yours on here as well. The Tech/LSU game pic was/is fitting for showing off during the festival; I just thought it an odd time to show off the lone LSU one. Didn't mean to offend you or your good friend, who, by the way has framed several things for me over the years. They buy your LSU pics at Tech athletic silent auctions?! Surely not? (and no, I don't think that's what you meant.) lol

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Well,Dawgpix, I guess I get in hot water no matter what I say. I got "told" a few comments when I made the mistake of "taking up" for ULM once, so here I was thinking y'all might be distressed to see LSU pics downtown during the festival. Can't seem to please you people. And, I was not offended at your fine art at all. They are both very good pics, and I've seen other good ones of yours on here as well. The Tech/LSU game pic was/is fitting for showing off during the festival; I just thought it an odd time to show off the lone LSU one. Didn't mean to offend you or your good friend, who, by the way has framed several things for me over the years. They buy your LSU pics at Tech athletic silent auctions?! Surely not? (and no, I don't think that's what you meant.) lol
    I agree.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I understood you, exactly, cutiepie. And I agree.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

CP (and DD) . .. Just to clarify for you, the lone LSU "picture" is a drawing . . . NOT ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS. I agree Lead should have the Holland pic as the other picture in the window.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    CP (and DD) . .. Just to clarify for you, the lone LSU "picture" is a drawing . . . NOT ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS. I agree Lead should have the Holland pic as the other picture in the window.
    DP, I wasn't intending for my support of CP to seem like a disagreement with you. You have no control over which pictures are sold or displayed at the Peach Festival. However, I'm sure that we can both agree on the fact that considering the Peach Festival is in Ruston and Tech is in Ruston, if there is to be a dominant school represented visually, it should be Tech over LSU, and, it would be ideal if the source of that visual representation came from your volume of work.:icon_wink:

Dawgpix, i'm totally not putting down you or your pics. I just assumed from what you said earlier that they were your pics (and not that you had had them put there)--guess you just meant the Tech/LSU one only, which totally makes sense. And it was in the dark at night and walking by I didn't analyze them enough to notice one was a drawing, just that it was p and g. We'll just hope as the season progresses that he'll put more of your good Tech ones on display, particularly game weeks maybe. Is that asking too much? And ITA with what Dirtydawg just said, which in my roundabout way was what I meant to start with.

Dawgpix, i'm totally not putting down you or your pics. I just assumed from what you said earlier that they were your pics (and not that you had had them put there)--guess you just meant the Tech/LSU one only, which totally makes sense. And it was in the dark at night and walking by I didn't analyze them enough to notice one was a drawing, just that it was p and g. We'll just hope as the season progresses that he'll put more of your good Tech ones on display, particularly game weeks maybe. Is that asking too much? And ITA with what Dirtydawg just said, which in my roundabout way was what I meant to start with.
    My wife tells me I'm good at putting words in other people's mouths. Or something like that. Or maybe it's that I talk too much and don't let other people get a word out. I don't know. I'm sure it's complimentary, though.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    We just got back from the Peachfest. I missed the parade, so I didn't see the Tech participants. It was nice seeing my popular Tech vs. LSU pic on display in the frame shop. Usually Lead Terry displays that photo or the Johnathan Holland catch in his window display. (Guess he displays my photos cuz lots of people have been buying them . . . especially at Tech athletic silent auctions.)
    Sorry, CP, if you're offended at collectible, fine art .
    It was also nice to see all of the photos Moose purchased from me and put on display at his Pontchatulas restaurant. Saw Sam Wilkinson there. Heard Dooley's season ticket ad on the radio at least four times in the hour I listened to ESPN then z-107.5.
    I had not been to the Peachfest in several years and I was pleasantly surprised at how far it has come since my days at The Leader. A good job and effort by the Ruston volunteers.
    Oh, and the peach ice cream! Does the Tech Dairy know how to make peach ice cream (with Ruston peaches) or what!?!!
    I found it to be a positive afternoon with the family.
    tm
    Man, if I'd known y'all were coming over you could brought grand'kid over to the truck along the parade route for some goodies. I've started parking it around where Pie Works was to save a spot.

What i was most amazed by at the Peach Fest was the Saturday night concert with Percy Sledge. Charlie asked me what time we should leave to go up there and i guess i was judging from past experiences. After all, he used to play in Ringold of all places at a little bar "back in the day". I told her we could leave around 7:30 for the 8 pm concert and be ok. Boy, was i wrong. When we got there, Railroad Park, was PACKED. I dont mean just the concrete areas like normal. I mean the concrete, the two sets of bleachers and about 90% of the grassy area. Where we wound up sitting we couldn't even see the stage. I couldn't even begin to guessimate how many folks were there.

Charlie and Bren did the Helicopter ride Thursday evening and he got to ride a horse and chase a calf with a ribbon on its tail at the rodeo Friday night. He had a big weekend for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    When we got there, Railroad Park, was PACKED.
    I know, they were all looking at the cute cowboy picture in the window of the old Lewis's Store. What was Bren? 2nd place in the cutest?????

+ Reply to Thread