+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Southern University

Puppy vlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the rough

Re: Southern University

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    All games, thats nice.
    students voted to increase their tuition to cover band and cheerleader travel.

Puppy vlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the rough

But it’s been a tradition since the 70’s that SU’s band attends all games.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I get not liking Southern's volume. They can really crank it up. But they are an excellent band and one of the best show bands in the country. While loud, their sound is crisp and clean so they're all musicians and not bozo's carrying horns.

Their marching precision and execution is spot on from beginning to end. And few stop to think about how fast they march and how much they march during a performance....of course while playing their music. As a unit, they have to be in pretty good physical condition or they'd look pretty tattered and sound bad at the end of a show.

Overall I like the style of performance Southern uses. Some HBCU bands are pretty raunchy while Southern is more refined.

I'm obviously looking forward to their halftime performance. But I'll have some earplugs in my pocket, just in case.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Personally, I think NSU has the best sounding band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccW7IrLCpig

I never have problems instantly recognizing the song they are playing. It helps that NSU has an awesome music department and they invest heavily in it, and in their band.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Personally, I think NSU has the best sounding band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccW7IrLCpig

I never have problems instantly recognizing the song they are playing. It helps that NSU has an awesome music department and they invest heavily in it, and in their band.
    Without a doubt, NSU has an excellent band.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Do yourself a favor and watch on YouTube some footage of the Kyoto, Japan High School Marching Band. Saw a clip from their performance in the Tournament of Roses Parade. All I can say is WOW!

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

They can leave the band at home next time.

Playing loud during the veteran recognition was pure tasteless.

Way way too much high brass, so much so that the sound was just distorted loud brass. No low end. No drums.

+ Reply to Thread