+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn Off the NFL

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Turn Off the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I hope you are saying that in Jest.
    50/50

Those two are the masters at making the issue about something they can easily win an argument on. They are strawman experts with incredibly loud microphones and they set the agenda for the entire center-right television news media.

They bang the, "He hates veterans" drum long and loud and we're no longer talking about racial inequality. Now, should Kap have seen that this would happen? Sure. Does that mean he should've changed his venue? Maybe, maybe not, but he should've been prepared for the charge that he was a disrespectful America hater. . .because we can't just disagree anymore.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    50/50

Those two are the masters at making the issue about something they can easily win an argument on. They are strawman experts with incredibly loud microphones and they set the agenda for the entire center-right television news media.

They bang the, "He hates veterans" drum long and loud and we're no longer talking about racial inequality. Now, should Kap have seen that this would happen? Sure. Does that mean he should've changed his venue? Maybe, maybe not, but he should've been prepared for the charge that he was a disrespectful America hater. . .because we can't just disagree anymore.
    I agree that people like them amplify the "anti-American" sentiment, but surely you don't believe that this originates from them do you?

Taking a knee was Nate Boyer's (a veteran) suggestion.
    Why do you think Nate Boyer had to make a suggestion in the first place? Have you read his open letter or how he described the decision to take a knee?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I agree that people like them amplify the "anti-American" sentiment, but surely you don't believe that this originates from them do you?

Why do you think Nate Boyer had to make a suggestion in the first place? Have you read his open letter or how he described the decision to take a knee?
    Originates? The uproar in its current tenor? I think they bear a LOT of responsibility.

That said, nothing is simple. I think, by design, not standing for the anthem made people uncomfortable (which would've been true regardless of the object of the protest). When "we" found out what they were upset about, we got even more uncomfortable. Our culture is unwilling to evaluate an argument that comes from someone we don't like, so the pied pipers of the right immediately made Kaepernick (and all his flaws) the story. You can almost hear Hannity can't you? "Do you think Kaeprnick should stand up or do you hate America?"

I have read Boyer's open letter and I found the exchange between the two to be an example of disagreeing without being disagreeable. . .a lesson we could all use (chiefly myself).

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Just to start:

1. Better schools that serve black communities.

The school system in Baton Rouge (almost entirely black) is funded better than the public schools in Livingston and Ascension and still under performs. The parents don't give a crap... That is the real problem.

2. More and better training for police.

You know any police or the training they are required to perform? I'm guessing you have no clue.

3. Criminal justice reform.

I agree. We should speed up the death penalty.

4. No more racist presidents.

What has Trump EVER said that gives any indication he is racist? I swear if the media repeated enough that unicorns were real y'all would be out buying saddles.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Honest question -

Why not a SINGLE word by ANY MEDIA on the lies that Michael Bennett was proven to be caught in concerning his racial profiling claims?

NADA, ZILCH - NOTHING

We all know why....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Honest question -

Why not a SINGLE word by ANY MEDIA on the lies that Michael Bennett was proven to be caught in concerning his racial profiling claims?

NADA, ZILCH - NOTHING

We all know why....
    He is entitled to lie.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Nope...Hannity and Rush made it about the flag...and the sheeple followed!

Kapervick said "he would not honor the flag of a nation that oppresses people of color." He couldn't have been more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Kapervick said "he would not honor the flag of a nation that oppresses people of color." He couldn't have been more clear.
    If you think the flag is the pertinent piece of information in that quote, then I can't help you.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

If you think the flag is the pertinent piece of information in that quote, then I can't help you.
    you said it wasn't about the flag. so you either can't read or lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    you said it wasn't about the flag. so you either can't read or lie.
    Are protest marches about the road they take place on?

I'd argue that the flag isn't about the flag, it's about what it symbolizes.

You quoted me saying that Rush and Hannity MADE it about the flag. There are several ways to take that, one of which is that they emphasized the flag because it's easier to say that an individual is disrespectful than it is to interact with their argument.

Like I said, I can't help you.

And, that's nothing against you. I simply mean that if someone is insistent that this is simple or clear, then I won't be able to converse beyond coming to that agreement to disagree.
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 10-02-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Can you clarify, Tyler? I'm not sure who's your hypocrite.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I know I'm sexist when it comes to sports. I don't need some woman TRYING to tell me about any sport, especially football. Just stand there and look pretty...thankyaverymuch.

Okay....carry on.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Now it's making more sense.

NFL union teams with Soros...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Now it's making more sense.

NFL union teams with Soros...

I would laugh at this, if it weren't so sad and disturbing. That old fossil needs to go...just go.

+ Reply to Thread