+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We deserved to lose, but...

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: We deserved to lose, but...

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Pretty much all kickers are UFA's.
    Or Russell Erxleban (sp?).

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Do we agree that the first XP he missed, a 35 yarder, should have had the 3 yard line as the LOS? I certainly don't know, but if yesterday proves to be an anomaly, IMO it will not impact his chances of being drafted, but could lower the round. However, I think he will be an UFA (or whatever they call it) and yesterday wouldn't have changed that even had he been perfect in his attempts.
    UTSA took the taunting penalty on Kam on the XP instead of kickoff , which is there right. It worked

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

You shouldn’t point back and taunt a team on a one yard TD run. He carried the ball the play before and got stuffed because he decided to crowd surf though a hole instead of plunge in.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Which was my point, so if yesterday was an anomaly I don't see how it will change that status. Anyway, do we agree that it was a very poor call that set up a 35 yd XP attempt?

I just turned on the Packers @ Cowboys and the first play I saw was somehow a PF called against the Packers. Those are the kind of calls that went against us yesterday. I know you are a big D fan, but if you saw the play and replay I think you would agree that was about a bad a penalty call as an official could make.
    I was supposed to attend the Cowboys-Packers game in person today, but I decided to stay in Tennessee for another couple of weeks. I'm in no hurry to support the NFL as long as they are hellbent on taking a knee during the national anthem. Truth is, I hate the NFL's social engineering policies. I'd love nothing more than to see the NFL brought to its knees (pardon the pun) thru lower attendance and lower TV ratings. I can live without the NFL, though I know most of you can't.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I was supposed to attend the Cowboys-Packers game in person today, but I decided to stay in Tennessee for another couple of weeks. I'm in no hurry to support the NFL as long as they are hellbent on taking a knee during the national anthem. Truth is, I hate the NFL's social engineering policies. I'd love nothing more than to see the NFL brought to its knees (pardon the pun) thru lower attendance and lower TV ratings. I can live without the NFL, though I know most of you can't.
    If you think that knee-taking is about the national anthem, you will never understand. You live in your own little world..we all do in a way.. but until you’re understanding of others you’ll always feel disgruntled.

Puppy Keith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her game Keith Smith (87)'s Avatar

Amen, we should have blown their doors off in the 1 quarter. The rest is a mute point

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    If you think that knee-taking is about the national anthem, you will never understand. You live in your own little world..we all do in a way.. but until you’re understanding of others you’ll always feel disgruntled.
    Well, it seems to involve the national anthem because that is when they do it. If not then why dont they do it at the end of the game, half time, time outs, when nobody cares.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

You shouldn’t point back and taunt a team on a one yard TD run. He carried the ball the play before and got stuffed because he decided to crowd surf though a hole instead of plunge in.
    I agree - it was not necessary and blantantly obvious. I was worried Amik would get one after he made a great play and stood over the receiver

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Speak for yourself, not me. I'm not disgruntled at all. But I think the NFL players that are doing the "protesting" are jerks. Ungrateful, unappreciative, dickheads. And as an American, I don't have to give them or their league a dime if I don't want to. It's a personal choice. I also don't need to get my politics from the NFL. I'm smarter than that.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Speak for yourself, not me. I'm not disgruntled at all. But I think the NFL players that are doing the "protesting" are jerks. Ungrateful, unappreciative, dickheads. And as an American, I don't have to give them or their league a dime if I don't want to. It's a personal choice. I also don't need to get my politics from the NFL. I'm smarter than that.

Didn’t watch 1 down of football today and I can say I am so much better for it. I love all this free time I have now on Sundays, Mondays, and thursdays

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    UTSA took the taunting penalty on Kam on the XP instead of kickoff , which is there right. It worked
    I understand they have the option. My contention is that no penalty should have been called. If they are going to call that against us, UAB players storming the field during a play is certainly "taunting," whatever the hell that is, not to mention too many players on the field. If officials are going to have a tight "strike zone," it has to go both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Didn’t watch 1 down of football today and I can say I am so much better for it. I love all this free time I have now on Sundays, Mondays, and thursdays
    Seriously, my family and I had a great day today. And I didn't miss the NFL at all. But in all fairness, I started weaning myself off the NFL a long time ago, when the Cowboys started to slide down hill. I just don't care for professional football the same way I do LA Tech football. Not even close!! And I find myself feeling a little sorry for people that do.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Amen!

If you take a knee while the National Anthem is being played is not about dishonoring our nation, then what the hell is it about? It is YOU who doesn't understand and feels disgruntled.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Yes it was our most penalized game of the year but it was also our worst offensive & defensive performance combined with crappy special teams that lost the game. Skip said afterwards that UAB is a quality team & he loved the way our guys competed. Jack Bicknell reincarnated.

+ Reply to Thread