+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: We deserved to lose, but...

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: We deserved to lose, but...

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Guys.....LA Tech fans have so many more officiating calls to complain about yesterday, other than this silly event. I honestly felt like this may have been the worst officiated Tech game since @Arkansas 1997. Tech was flagged for 3 TIMES our season average yesterday. (10 for 95 yds) Yes, we got jobbed at UAB. For example, the "targeting" call against Cooper was absurd. The UAB receiver had already made the catch, had initiated contact with another Tech player and had already run the ball 5 yards down field before Cooper's contact was even made. Since when is a player not allowed to make a hard tackle? The Personal Foul call on McKnight after the TD run was equally ridiculous. There were others, of course.

UAB's CB's and DB's were holding (our WR's) and interfering with our WR's all day, but to my recollection we only benefited from one call. There was more physical contact by the UAB DB's DOWN FIELD than I've ever seen in a college game.

By the way, one other thing that really irritated the heck out of me yesterday.....the UAB Video Board operator played the board very loudly EVERY TIME Tech had the ball on offense, right up until the QB count started on each play. And I mean it was LOUD! It was almost impossible to talk to the person sitting beside me. The UAB video board literally became part of the game. There was no band play until timeouts, and other breaks in action (play reviews, etc...). This was a coordinated effort between the band, the video board operator and the team. I promise you, UAB choreographed this! Screaming and yelling at the field when Tech had the ball was futile, because the video was so loud.
    Seems to me that our Dawgs are ALWAYS playing against the other team AND the officials!!!!!!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    Well, it seems to involve the national anthem because that is when they do it. If not then why dont they do it at the end of the game, half time, time outs, when nobody cares.
    EXACTLY!!! I no longer watch NFL games!!!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Just read where the guy who blocked the kick holds his high school's record with a high jump of 6'8. When you're 6'7 and can jump like that, it's no surprise he blocked it. I won't put it on Barnes. But I hope Holtz quits trying to win all our close games in the same way.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Just read where the guy who blocked the kick holds his high school's record with a high jump of 6'8. When you're 6'7 and can jump like that, it's no surprise he blocked it. I won't put it on Barnes. But I hope Holtz quits trying to win all our close games in the same way.
    What do you mean you "won't put it on Barnes"? How many kicks has this tall guy blocked? .....Yep......that's what I thought.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean you "won't put it on Barnes"? How many kicks has this tall guy blocked? .....Yep......that's what I thought.
    I mean he's really tall and can jump really high.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I mean he's really tall and can jump really high.
    So why hasn't he blocked any kicks before now?

So why hasn't he blocked any kicks before now?
    Maybe because the rest of the coaches were smart enough to beat them with touchdowns?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe because the rest of the coaches were ballsy enough to beat them with touchdowns?
    FIFY

Maybe because the rest of the coaches were smart enough to beat them with touchdowns?
    I'll save you the embarrassment. The UAB kid hasn't blocked any other kicks because even though he's tall, THIS PARTICULAR KICK WAS TOO LOW!!. The other kicks weren't. That's on Barnes. Barnes acted like a total psycho on Saturday. I honestly don't remember ever watching a Tech game that had a kicker miss 2 PAT's and a really short 29-yd FG like that. (That FG attempt was shorter than an NFL PAT, which is equivalent to about a 32-yd kick.)

I'll save you the embarrassment. The UAB kid hasn't blocked any other kicks because even though he's tall, THIS PARTICULAR KICK WAS TOO LOW!!. The other kicks weren't. That's on Barnes. Barnes acted like a total psycho on Saturday. I honestly don't remember ever watching a Tech game that had a kicker miss 2 PAT's and a really short 29-yd FG like that. (That FG attempt was shorter than an NFL PAT, which is equivalent to about a 32-yd kick.)
    I really didn't compare the trajectory of this particular kick with his other kicks so I'll trust you on that one.

I really didn't compare the trajectory of this particular kick with his other kicks so I'll trust you on that one.
    Do you think the NFL doesn't have tall guys too? Of course they do. But the NFL kickers know that the trajectory of their kicks has to be higher.

Do you think the NFL doesn't have tall guys too? Of course they do. But the NFL kickers know that the trajectory of their kicks has to be higher.
    True, but that 2 steps and leap is illegal in the NFL. At any rate, Barnes was not good on Saturday, we agree on that. There is a fine line b/t confidence and presumption.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Barnes was having a bad day. It was obvious. We should not have banked everything on him to win the game when we had plenty of time to try to score the TD.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We know based on COYHCSH past and his most recent statements about Barnes that once we got in FG Range (IMO that was inside the 35) he planned on the FG attempt.

That's really sad, but had somebody turned the ball over once we got inside the 20 the armchairs would have been going even more nuts.

We all knew who COYCHSH was when his contract was renewed. Most of the complaints were, "what took so long?" I was one of 'em.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We know based on COYHCSH past and his most recent statements about Barnes that once we got in FG Range (IMO that was inside the 35) he planned on the FG attempt.

That's really sad, but had somebody turned the ball over once we got inside the 20 the armchairs would have been going even more nuts.

We all knew who COYCHSH was when his contract was renewed. Most of the complaints were, "what took so long?" I was one of 'em.
    Good point. Yes, we would have.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread