+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Amendment

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

2nd Amendment

Lamestream media lying.....that's like saying the sun rises in the east....about the number of school shootings. EVERY libtard media outlet is using the same false information to try to make their case. There is no doubt they all get their marching orders from the same place....George Soros and V. Putin....and report whatever they are told to.

And, I have grown weary of being on the defensive re: the 2nd Amendment. The 2nd does not qualify or provide for exceptions on the type of firearms US citizens can own and use. To ban citizens from owning automatic weapons, flamethrowers, tanks, fighter aircraft, nuclear subs, whatever! is unconstitutional. When the 2nd was passed and adopted into the Constitution the average citizen owned a weapon superior to what the standing army was issued. The army used smoothbores, like the Brown Bess, and most civilians owned a rifled musket (for hunting) which was far superior in accuracy and range.

So...if you have an issue with the 2nd Amendment the ONLY remedy is to amend the Constitution. And good luck with that...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 2nd Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Lamestream media lying.....that's like saying the sun rises in the east....about the number of school shootings. EVERY libtard media outlet is using the same false information to try to make their case. There is no doubt they all get their marching orders from the same place....George Soros and V. Putin....and report whatever they are told to.

And, I have grown weary of being on the defensive re: the 2nd Amendment. The 2nd does not qualify or provide for exceptions on the type of firearms US citizens can own and use. To ban citizens from owning automatic weapons, flamethrowers, tanks, fighter aircraft, nuclear subs, whatever! is unconstitutional. When the 2nd was passed and adopted into the Constitution the average citizen owned a weapon superior to what the standing army was issued. The army used smoothbores, like the Brown Bess, and most civilians owned a rifled musket (for hunting) which was far superior in accuracy and range.

So...if you have an issue with the 2nd Amendment the ONLY remedy is to amend the Constitution. And good luck with that...
    Yes, the left has no solution. They don't even have a solution to get rid of guns they just scream Trump hate and whatever can be lumped in with it.

Guns and proper training will end up solving the school shooting mess. Irony...

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

The flip side of all of that is that, when the 2nd amendment was passed, it took quite a while to load and reload an “arm.” Which meant that the amount of damage that one person acting alone could do with an arm was much less than what even an untrained person can do with a modern sporting rifle.

If current technology existed and their had been some lone wolf mass shootings when the Bill of Rights was adopted, would we still have a 2nd amendment? I kind of doubt it.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Btw, what false number/information is the lamestream media throwing around?

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The flip side of all of that is that, when the 2nd amendment was passed, it took quite a while to load and reload an “arm.” Which meant that the amount of damage that one person acting alone could do with an arm was much less than what even an untrained person can do with a modern sporting rifle.

If current technology existed and their had been some lone wolf mass shootings when the Bill of Rights was adopted, would we still have a 2nd amendment? I kind of doubt it.
    Certainly we would have. The purpose of the 2nd amendment is to give citizens recourse against tyranny, and as is plain to see in DC these days, tyranny never goes out of style.

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Certainly we would have. The purpose of the 2nd amendment is to give citizens recourse against tyranny, and as is plain to see in DC these days, tyranny never goes out of style.
    I didn’t say that wasn’t the purpose. But that purpose didn’t have to be balanced against the danger of one person acting alone inflicting mass casualty. That is a new phenomenon that technology unleashed. A crazy man with a muzzle loaded rifle was not the same kind of threat to other citizens.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Pretty short sighted argument.

Here are some more in that same respect.

When the bill of rights was written, we did not have the internet and the ability to post our thoughts immediately to platforms like twitter and facebook and BB&B, so maybe if they had seen how feelings and things might have been injured they might not have included freedom of speech.

Had they seen the fake news these days and the news from Russian meddling, maybe freedom of the press would not have been in there.

If they had seen the Jim Jones massacre and some of the other cults like Scientology, perhaps freedom of religion would not have been in there either.

Let's just scrap the whole thing and admit we cannot be trusted with rights and allow the government to determine what we should and should not be able to do. And that thought is EXACTLY what the second amendment is there for!

I don’t think you understand my argument if you take it to mean that we should “scrap” anything.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I don’t think you understand my argument if you take it to mean that we should “scrap” anything.
    Well, then you are saying we should only have muzzle loaders?

It isn't the guns causing the issues. They are inanimate objects. I have a few that have been very well behaved; as far as I know, when I am out of town they remain peacefully locked up inside a safe waiting for my return. The fact that we are focusing on the tool instead of the evil person shows how far we have regressed.

I believe there are a number of things that can be pointed out that are causing all of this stuff, and I know you will disagree with me on all of them.

Like the mom and dad being replaced by the baby momma and the baby daddy, and many of the children being raised by tired grandparents or by the streets.

Like the push for a multicultural nation over a melting pot, so that the glue that holds all of us together becomes weaker and weaker and the distrust of everyone else grows.

Like the 24 hour news cycle where each platform chooses a party or path and spews theories and garbage about the other side, making everyone a political expert where nothing is negotiated anymore because the willingness to compromise is seen as weakness.

Like the reduction of the number of people that believe in a higher power, which makes life rather pointless and focuses those energies toward the 24 hour news cycles and the collapse of society.

Like the belief that you are "owed" something by everyone just for being here, and taking from the government via the taxpayer is an acceptable existence.....work may or may not be necessary, which makes those that work resentful when they are attacked by those that don't.

There are many others.

Unfortunately, my children will have to see how all this social change and experimentation turns out, and it's not going to be pretty. I suspect the seeds are there for the total collapse of the nation, and a post-America world where likely China calls the shots does not much appeal to me. Of course there is still time to change our ways and get back to what made us great (strong American identity, respect for our laws, assimilation of our immigrants into the melting pot of society and strong family ties), but since we seem to still be going the wrong way I don't harbor much hope for that.

America is becoming a big Jerry Springer show. (cue your typical Trump comment here)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The number of school shootings in 2018...so far. Reporting 17 such.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

There have not been 18 school shootings thus far. A gun control group called Everytown put out that number and has since lowered it to 17. They count anytime a shooting happens on school grounds as a school shooting regardless of whether or not the shooting results in injury or death or is even related to the school.
    Last edited by JuBru; 02-17-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Well, then you are saying we should only have muzzle loaders?

It isn't the guns causing the issues. They are inanimate objects. I have a few that have been very well behaved; as far as I know, when I am out of town they remain peacefully locked up inside a safe waiting for my return. The fact that we are focusing on the tool instead of the evil person shows how far we have regressed.

I believe there are a number of things that can be pointed out that are causing all of this stuff, and I know you will disagree with me on all of them.

Like the mom and dad being replaced by the baby momma and the baby daddy, and many of the children being raised by tired grandparents or by the streets.

Like the push for a multicultural nation over a melting pot, so that the glue that holds all of us together becomes weaker and weaker and the distrust of everyone else grows.

Like the 24 hour news cycle where each platform chooses a party or path and spews theories and garbage about the other side, making everyone a political expert where nothing is negotiated anymore because the willingness to compromise is seen as weakness.

Like the reduction of the number of people that believe in a higher power, which makes life rather pointless and focuses those energies toward the 24 hour news cycles and the collapse of society.

Like the belief that you are "owed" something by everyone just for being here, and taking from the government via the taxpayer is an acceptable existence.....work may or may not be necessary, which makes those that work resentful when they are attacked by those that don't.

There are many others.

Unfortunately, my children will have to see how all this social change and experimentation turns out, and it's not going to be pretty. I suspect the seeds are there for the total collapse of the nation, and a post-America world where likely China calls the shots does not much appeal to me. Of course there is still time to change our ways and get back to what made us great (strong American identity, respect for our laws, assimilation of our immigrants into the melting pot of society and strong family ties), but since we seem to still be going the wrong way I don't harbor much hope for that.

America is becoming a big Jerry Springer show. (cue your typical Trump comment here)
    Add the fact of the Anti-God Marxist/Libs/Dems taking God, the Ten Commandments and public prayer out of our public schools and universities and you are 100 correct. That was the clock and is the timeline when this societal decline dived south in our schools and society as a whole. The libs/dems even protest the use of the words, "thoughts and prayers" after such an event or even for any issue needing "thoughts and prayers". Add to that the sanctity of life issue such as US government approval and funding of abortion and late term abortions. Life means nothing to this to a large group within our culture.

Add more armed security staff (ex-military and police) and metal detectors to all campuses and large gathering events. This already happens in professional sporting events. New state policies and steps required to ensure anyone on psychotic drugs can't buy a gun.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/15/...hool-shooting/

Sometimes people are just mentally defective and have access to a dangerous weapon.

The number of school shootings in 2018...so far. Reporting 17 such.
    Ok. Hadn’t seen that number.

+ Reply to Thread