+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1450

Thread: Covid - 19 - Louisiana Edition

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Covid - 19 - Louisiana Edition

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Auto 2 week lock down if a person comes into contact with a positive...this is insane! The definition of "contact" is a moving target. NOTHING scientific about that decision. It's slinging stuff against the wall to see if it sticks.
    In schools, it is worse than that. In Bossier Parish, it is 10 days after they were around someone and then 14 days. They literally miss a month of school.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Auto 2 week lock down if a person comes into contact with a positive...this is insane! The definition of "contact" is a moving target. NOTHING scientific about that decision. It's slinging stuff against the wall to see if it sticks.
    Where does the guidance come from?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    Where does the guidance come from?
    The same place the open states are getting it from...the governor.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

The same place the open states are getting it from...the governor.
    Wrong. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...isolation.html

And that link was an embedded link in the CDC’s school guidelines.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...e/schools.html

We know this will slow the spread, thus allow schools to stay reopened. That is why it is done this way.

Had we taken these steps from the beginning (like Taiwan did) we wouldn’t be in this situation presently.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Wrong. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...isolation.html

And that link was an embedded link in the CDC’s school guidelines.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...e/schools.html

We know this will slow the spread, thus allow schools to stay reopened. That is why it is done this way.

Had we taken these steps from the beginning (like Taiwan did) we wouldn’t be in this situation presently.
    I'll play along.

Is Taiwan the only country that did it right?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I'll play along.

Is Taiwan the only country that did it right?
    They are the gold standard. On the opposite side of the spectrum from us.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    159,304 cases 5,143 deaths

663 in hosp 106 on vents
    September 18

160,283 cases 5,172 deaths

647 in hosp 104 on vents

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    They are the gold standard. On the opposite side of the spectrum from us.
    Of course and we have so much in common with them...

I didn't figure you'd answer my question. I've asked you this every time you point out one these pissant countries did it the right way.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Hey! Taiwan is not a pissant country. They will stand up to the Chicom bullies, and will be at ground zero for the start of World War III, should it happen. They will bleed the Red Army...make 'em pay for daring to test the resolve of Taiwan and the Pacific coalition. Unless of course Biden wins then the Taiwanese should bend down and kiss their asses goodbye...but they will still make the Chicoms pay a heavy price.

Hey! Taiwan is not a pissant country. They will stand up to the Chicom bullies, and will be at ground zero for the start of World War III, should it happen. They will bleed the Red Army...make 'em pay for daring to test the resolve of Taiwan and the Pacific coalition. Unless of course Biden wins then the Taiwanese should bend down and kiss their asses goodbye...but they will still make the Chicoms pay a heavy price.
    We've been sending cheap manufacturing to them for how long? We've been taking care of them, but since they are some of our primary cheap manufacturers., we should ask them how to respond to the China virus.

We've been sending cheap manufacturing to them for how long? We've been taking care of them, but since they are some of our primary cheap manufacturers., we should ask them how to respond to the China virus.
    They are also home to the leading semiconductor manufacturer.

Whoa! the number of people I know who have tested positive is exploding. For 6 months I hardly knew anyone who tested positive. Now....OMG! But, with the exception of one person, who I mentioned in a previous post, none of them have symptoms. Two close friends who are our age and grandparents and all of that, have tested positive and Mark is like, what a hoax! No symptoms. Feels great.

I know this, when you really have the flu...you know it! This China virus is something else.

September 18

160,283 cases 5,172 deaths

647 in hosp 104 on vents
    September 21

161,462 cases 5,207 deaths

587 in hosp 93 on vents

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Whoa! the number of people I know who have tested positive is exploding. For 6 months I hardly knew anyone who tested positive. Now....OMG! But, with the exception of one person, who I mentioned in a previous post, none of them have symptoms. Two close friends who are our age and grandparents and all of that, have tested positive and Mark is like, what a hoax! No symptoms. Feels great.

I know this, when you really have the flu...you know it! This China virus is something else.
    I was down for 2 days. Ran a low grade temp and then had congestion for a couple of weeks. I thought it was just a mild flu. Then I donated blood in June and they told me I had the antibodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I was down for 2 days. Ran a low grade temp and then had congestion for a couple of weeks. I thought it was just a mild flu. Then I donated blood in June and they told me I had the antibodies.
    Thank you for your contribution to building herd immunity.

Speaking of the flu...just got the flu shot today. I had to, if I didn't and got the flu, having to hear it from the wife would be far worse than getting the shot and any such consequences. Actually, it is the mildest shot you can get. I looked away for a moment (okay, yes, an attractive young lady walked by...) and said to the nurse, okay...and she was putting that little band aid on it, all done! Never felt a thing.

Get your flu shot, y'all!

+ Reply to Thread