+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/02 Tech @ BYU (8 PM) - Game

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 10/02 Tech @ BYU (8 PM) - Game

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    For once or at least in the very rare instances of playing an upper echelon school, I wish Holtz would go at this game with the intention of winning it and not just trying to have a decently good showing. To beat teams like BYU you have to go at them from the start and never let up. Sure you have to get some breaks when playing on the road at bigger schools, but in most cases you earn your breaks with maximum effort. Let’s really play to win and just see what happens. Forget the ready made excuses, trust your athletes, coach your best and get it done.
    Man, Holtz coaches every game to win. To believe otherwise is nonsensical.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Man, Holtz coaches every game to win. To believe otherwise is nonsensical.
    In some games he coaches as if hoping the opponent gives the game away. He doesn’t exactly try to take the win away.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Tech is not getting any respect from the BYU fans here in Utah. They believe all their team needs to do is show up.

To add insult to injury, the Knuckledragger Ute fans are calling Tech a high school team. (These people are the West's version of lsu fans.)

Honestly, I do not know how good Tech is. But at the same time, I do not how good BYU really is. I do know this, though, BYU has one big liability: coaching. They have gone two straight games in which they have not been outcoached, which is about the limit for them. Sitake and his staff are due to lay an egg.

BYU has yet to play a team that can run and pass. Navy is a running team (and did not hold contact practices prior to the BYU game). They were not ready to play. Troy is a pass first team coming off a sub-500 Sun Belt Conference record in 2019. The thinking in Utah is that because the Mustard Buzzards and HBU put up a lot of points our defense is horrendous. That could be true, but I will lean the other way because USM's issues are not its offense. Anyone paying attention to HBU knows that they will move the ball on almost anybody in the country; they just can't stop anyone.

Tech is team with a lot of upside and will only get better as the year progresses.

I married into a family of BYU fans and have been following the Cougars closely since I moved to Utah in 2013. When they get overconfident, they usually stumble.

Go Dawgs!

Big Dog dj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant future

I’m going to miss the first half at least. With high school football finally starting here in LA this week, I will be at my son’s game in Rebel Stadium. Cheer the dawgs on for us Brad!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Tech is not getting any respect from the BYU fans here in Utah. They believe all their team needs to do is show up.
    Be sure to keep pushing this narrative. Do what you can to ensure it makes it all the way to Y locker room.

Heck, they dont even need to practice for us. Lil ol' Tech isnt even worth preparing for.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Hey BYU, we suck - we are slow, small and undisciplined. No need to worry about little ole LaTech - you will probably beat us worse than you did Troy.

Also - Friday night football in Ouachita Parish - 6 teams have games officially cancelled - that number is sure to rise...with discussion that all games will be postponed.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Hit em in the mouth early and let the chips fall where they may. Nothing to lose.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Not a damn thing to lose. I like our chances. Like we use to say, "Anyone, anytime, any place".

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Not a damn thing to lose. I like our chances. Like we use to say, "Anyone, anytime, any place".
    Ah...how about the game?

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Ah...how about the game?
    Well, since you can't get my point, I welcome the opportunity to meet the BYU brethern on the field of play and nothing about them or who they've played particularly bothers me. We've beaten bigger, better programs than them when we weren't supposed to. If they've got a low opinion of Tech, screw 'em. And if they don't, that's fine too, I think we kick their ass either way. And if we don't, I'll bet they get a whole lot better game than they've been getting.

Anyone, anytime, any place!

Varsity Bulldog kfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    In some games he coaches as if hoping the opponent gives the game away. He doesn’t exactly try to take the win away.
    I agree that Holtz doesn't try to take the win away. If you take bowl games out, he hasn't beaten a P5 team, you know like sneaking up a big upset, in the 7 full years he has been head coach. He's been close, Arkansas in 2016 and K State in 2015. I don't know what is, but it seems like he just can't get the team up to "go at them from the start and never let up" (See also C-USA Championship Games). Obviously it's good enough to win conference games and make it to bowl games, but once in a while I'd like to see us go into some one's house and come away with a big win. I'll stay optimistic but I don't see it happening against BYU.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Yes, we’ve lost road games to much lesser teams than BYU. Home games too.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

We're supposed to lose. Skip seems to do well in that setting. This is not UT...it's the Mormon Notre Dame!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

2020 - the year anything can happen. I hope we beat BYU and Luke Anthony has a Jeff Driskel kind of year.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    2020 - the year anything can happen. I hope we beat BYU and Luke Anthony has a Jeff Driskel kind of year.
    ...a Ryan Higgins kind of year! Or, go for #1, a Tim Rattay kind of year. Higgins had the 2nd best season in Tech history. Driskel's numbers weren't bad though, 4th best in Tech history. Oh heck! anything in that neighborhood would be awesome.

+ Reply to Thread