+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Flags over Texas

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

6 Flags over Texas

I just got back (Sunday) from a great time in Arlington at 6 flags this weekend. I had completely forgotten how fun that place is. It had been about 8-10 years since my last visit there.

The Titan is ABSOLUTLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!! That first drop is the most intense thing that I've ever seen. In case you don't know, you go up 25 stories and then you go straight down and even run UNDERGROUND for about 120 feet. There were several times that we were going SO FAST and SO CLOSE to the support beams, that I had to lower my arms, but right after that, the arms went back up and I LOVED that ride.

I think that the Mr. Freeze is the most under-rated coaster that I've ever riden. Going from 0 to 60 in 3.75 is FREAKIN FAST!!!! And I LOVE IT!!! It throws you into vicious spins and flips and then in the end, YOU DO IT ALL AGAIN BACKWARDS!!!!

The big disappointment that I had was the Texas Giant. I remember it shaking you up, but it was down right VIOLENT this time. We had a girl that is about 95 pounds and has NO curve in her body, but even she said that she was squeezed into the cart. The bar ended up bruising my ribs pretty good when we hit one of the first drops and the G force dropped me down pretty hard. It's sad to say that what use to be my favorite ride that I would ride at least twice every trip will now be retired. It was that bad.

Now I'll say 2 pretty cool things, and then I'll post the thread...

#1. I was at the concession stand getting the refill for my drink and I look across the way and I saw a fellow BBB'er!! I tried to say hello but couldn't get his attention. I've met him at some tailgates, but I couldn't remember exactly who it was. If you were at 6 flags this weekend, say hello since I forgot exactly who you are. (i thought it was MiloBump, but he said no)

#2. I went to ride the Batman ride and appearantly it's not made for 6"3' 280 kinda guys. We went to the front seat and took a seat. I lowered the bar thing, but couldn't get the clip buckled. They didn't even attempt to help me... just told me that I'd have to ride the next one closer to the back where they have longer straps (common sense asks, why not have longer straps everywhere?) so I'm standing on the exit side and I look across the ride and see 3 girls wavin their DAWGS at me. They were 3 TECH stoodents that were in town visiting one of the girls family. So in the twist of fate, that big boy seat was on the same row that these girls were!! I hopped in and got to ride the ride with the same ladies that were giving me their Dawgs!!

All in all, we all had a GREAT time and we're gonna try and make this an annual trip and try to hit up a few different parks to keep things interesting.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 6 Flags over Texas

Great move to go in April rather than July. We did the July thing one year and it is the only time I remember not being upset about paying so much for bottled water.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I#2. I went to ride the Batman ride and appearantly it's not made for 6"3' 280 kinda guys.

Have you lost some weight?

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I was at the concession stand getting the refill for my drink and I look across the way and I saw a fellow BBB'er!! I tried to say hello but couldn't get his attention. I've met him at some tailgates, but I couldn't remember exactly who it was. If you were at 6 flags this weekend, say hello since I forgot exactly who you are. (i thought it was MiloBump, but he said no)
    Hello, Doc. Here's something you may not know about me. I am a roller coaster addict.

One of my "bucket list" items is to ride the USA's tallest roller coaster. I don't think I'll ever grow too old to ride roller coasters. Even the Texas Giant was not too rough for me when I rode it last about 5 years ago. There was another wooden coaster at Six Flags years ago (Judge Roy Scream) that I quit riding because of bruised ribs I got.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

If you love roller coasters, go to Cedar Point in Ohio. That place makes six flags look like the county fair. And that is where the tallest roller coaster is located. We went there on a church trip in high school and it was incredible.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Hello, Doc. Here's something you may not know about me. I am a roller coaster addict.

One of my "bucket list" items is to ride the USA's tallest roller coaster. I don't think I'll ever grow too old to ride roller coasters. Even the Texas Giant was not too rough for me when I rode it last about 5 years ago. There was another wooden coaster at Six Flags years ago (Judge Roy Scream) that I quit riding because of bruised ribs I got.
    My dad broke his ribs on a roller coaster when I was younger. Being the ex-Marine pilot, he loves those types of thrills as well. I didn't inherit that sense of daring from him. I usually stick with what I'm best at-bumper cars. Wrecking cars just comes natural, so why not maximize it?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Wrecking cars just comes natural, so why not maximize it?
    I guess the saying, "opposites attract," is not true.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I guess the saying, "opposites attract," is not true.
    No it is not. Vette and I are so much alike, it's scary except that until the steroids, I was better able at controlling my temper.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    No it is not. Vette and I are so much alike, it's scary except that until the steroids, I was better able at controlling my temper.
    If you were unalike, then the old saying would have been true.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    If you were unalike, then the old saying would have been true.
    "Are they out of chicken or do they just not have any chicken?"

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    If you love roller coasters, go to Cedar Point in Ohio. That place makes six flags look like the county fair. And that is where the tallest roller coaster is located. We went there on a church trip in high school and it was incredible.
    Cedar Point in Sandusky was a major part of my plans in 2007 when I was in that area on a swing around Lake Erie watching baseball games in Pittburgh, Detroit, Toronto, Cleveland and Cincinnati.

We had two chances to go to Cedar Point that trip but I passed on the first chance to tour Ohio Amish Country. On my second chance, my plans for Cedar Point were put on hold due to the rainy weather. We went to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland instead. We were in the area to see the Cleveland Indians play the Red Sox that night. Fortunately, the game did not get rained out . We had to be in Cincinnati the next day for a Reds game so we never made it to Cedar Point. :bigcry:

I hope to make it there either next summer or in the summer of 2012.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Cedar Point is awesome. I haven't been in a few years now, but if you like the coasters, that's the place to go!

I'm going to Hershey Park up in PA in a few weeks for the first time. Anyone been there that can report on the place?

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

The Texas Giant's rough-but-doable, but the big wooden one at Six Flags in St. Louis is terrible. It made me miserable afterward... I love coasters too, and my favorites thus far would be the Dueling Dragons at MGM Islands of Adventure in Orlando. The Dolphin at the Tokyo Dome is pretty freakin' fast too, supposedly one of the fastest in the world. It goes through the middle of a Ferris wheel that is a big ring without a center (runs on a belt, obviously), and through a hole in a building. It's the initial drop that is so crazily fast, though. I was there and rode it when Korea and Japan were playing in the World Baseball Classic the first time, when I was living over there.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Cedar Point in Sandusky was a major part of my plans in 2007 when I was in that area on a swing around Lake Erie watching baseball games in Pittburgh, Detroit, Toronto, Cleveland and Cincinnati.

We had two chances to go to Cedar Point that trip but I passed on the first chance to tour Ohio Amish Country. On my second chance, my plans for Cedar Point were put on hold due to the rainy weather. We went to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland instead. We were in the area to see the Cleveland Indians play the Red Sox that night. Fortunately, the game did not get rained out . We had to be in Cincinnati the next day for a Reds game so we never made it to Cedar Point. :bigcry:

I hope to make it there either next summer or in the summer of 2012.
    Huge mistake........What were you thinking??

That place had literally 10 to 12 of the best roller coasters I have ever ridden. That was in like 01. I bet they have added several since then.

So, do you guys play roller coaster tycoon?

+ Reply to Thread