+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If it's true So. Miss to the Sun Belt...

Puppy madeagle has turned a few heads around heremadeagle has turned a few heads around here

Re: If it's true So. Miss to the Sun Belt...

From a football standpoint the Sun Belt is improving. I mean alot of you sound like me two years ago. This isn't your big brother's Sun Belt. USA just opened a new Stadium. Georgia Southern is building a new indoor practice facility. Bringing in really respected coaches Louisiana-Monroe with Rich Rodriguez and South Alabama with Major Applewhite. Based on what I've heard their TV deal pays out almost a million per team. Oh yeah they're ACTUALLY on TV. I mean you actually see App State, Louisiana, Coastal Carolina etc... On ESPN. Recruits can relate college football to ESPN. In the mind of an 18 yr old kid. He'd rather play on ESPN than Facebook, Stadium, Bein.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by GEAUX UL View Post
    I seriously doubt it. USM is first in line in the West, and the Sun Belt will be looking East for expansion after that.

The only chance you would have is if ULM decides to drop down to FCS, but that’s probably not going to happen.
    Dude -

Administration at both USL and NLU, along with those at A-State and So Ala want nothing more than Tech to be forced to accept an invite to the SBC for all sports

You know why?

$$$$$$$$$

No ONE and I mean NO ONE else will drive home gates in all sports at those schools like we do -

Not USM, not Marshall, not FIU, MTSU, not UTEP - NO ONE...

They will make bank and increase gate in football, baseball and basketball by 30 to 40% from us just walking into the place - EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE loves to HATE the HEEL

They will want us to sweat bullets - but in the end dollar bills always talk
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog kfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by talonofdeath View Post
    Belt will be gaining a real dumpster fire with USM. Yes we have some history. Yes we have decent facilities and fan support.
    But it looks as though 3 of our last 5 coaching hires don't belong in D-1 football. We can still right the ship but the clock is ticking.
    The decline of USM Football really damaged CUSA.
    Our HC doesn't belong in D-1 Football, so same-same

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I seriously doubt it. USM is first in line in the West, and the Sun Belt will be looking East for expansion after that.

The only chance you would have is if ULM decides to drop down to FCS, but that’s probably not going to happen.
    You may doubt it, but nothing in your post was serious.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The other choice is:
    SMU
    Tulsa
    Tulane, etc..

My hope is that our goal is that and not settling for less. I know most of us are not privy to the internal discussions, but I haven't seen anything at all stating that we do not have a chance. Anyway, I am always the optimist (as most of you label me), so I will keep holding on to the chance. I was wrong about getting in CUSA on the first round over UTEP, but we did get in on the next round soon after. I have no clue what will happen, so I may as well hope for the best... It is certainly better than hoping for the alternative, which are the two choices you posted.
    You'd think we'd know something by now, if only a rumor. We weren't in the list of schools the AAC is expected to invite. We're not in the list of schools the SBC is expected to invite. There is still a lot up in the air, of course, but we are on no lists and are not in any public conversation.

Maybe we'll pull something out at the last minute. That worries me.

Puppy madeagle has turned a few heads around heremadeagle has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by talonofdeath View Post
    Belt will be gaining a real dumpster fire with USM. Yes we have some history. Yes we have decent facilities and fan support.
    But it looks as though 3 of our last 5 coaching hires don't belong in D-1 football. We can still right the ship but the clock is ticking.
    The decline of USM Football really damaged CUSA.
    Stupid comment man. Will Hall will win at Southern Miss. Man is literally playing with his 3rd and 4th string quarterbacks. We're also finding out just how bad Jay Hopson let things get in terms of team culture and strength and conditioning. There's a reason we sold more season tickets this year previous years

Varsity Bulldog SouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by madeagle View Post
    Stupid comment man. Will Hall will win at Southern Miss. Man is literally playing with his 3rd and 4th string quarterbacks. We're also finding out just how bad Jay Hopson let things get in terms of team culture and strength and conditioning. There's a reason we sold more season tickets this year previous years
    We would have some wins if Abraham was still here this season, but he would probably be hurt by now too.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Damn you really are obsessed with Tech.

You have spent more time on our boards than the RaginPagin.
    I was thinking the same thing. I can't say I care what goes on with any other team, but he keeps coming back.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I can't say I care what goes on with any other team, but he keeps coming back.
    Take it as a compliment. The reason the Cajun fans are coming HERE, is because we obviously aren't giving them what they need THERE.

Bulldog veerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around here veerbone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Dude -

EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE loves to HATE the HEEL

Never thought of Tech as the Ric Flair of college football, but...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Laughette GEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Dude -

Administration at both USL and NLU, along with those at A-State and So Ala want nothing more than Tech to be forced to accept an invite to the SBC for all sports

You know why?

$$$$$$$$$

No ONE and I mean NO ONE else will drive home gates in all sports at those schools like we do -

Not USM, not Marshall, not FIU, MTSU, not UTEP - NO ONE...

They will make bank and increase gate in football, baseball and basketball by 30 to 40% from us just walking into the place - EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE loves to HATE the HEEL

They will want us to sweat bullets - but in the end dollar bills always talk
    Dude…

If you’re a heel, you’re a heel in WCW circa 2000. Vince McMahon (AAC) just took all the faces he wanted, and ECW (Sun Belt) already has its own thing working well and doesn’t want you.

We already play y’all in all sports but football. Trust me, y’all don’t really move the needle for us in ticket sales. Whatever money we might make in ticket sales won’t come close to offsetting the cfp and media money we’d have to share with y’all. With that said, I’m sure UL and ULM would vote for you if only for political reasons. You might also get Texas St. But A-State, South Al, and Troy don’t want you, and neither do any of the Eastern schools who want better travel in the East.

USM has been in discussions with the SBC for a while now. Those discussions started well before this round of conference realignment. In fact, they probably started right around the time your AD had that crazy and insecure rant about how bad the SBC was compared to C-USA. Y’all spent decades trying to “separate” yourselves from the SBC. Y’all made your choices.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Anybody subscribe to the Athletic - https://t.co/jFupMziSBo?amp=1 SBC may take up to 4 schools

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    They do not have more national exposure. Their football has done better than CUSA over about 1 and a half years. Other than that, there is no name brand in that conference. Ask most people who Appy State is and they would not know. Even more, they probably think most of the Belt is FCS. I think it is unbelievably short sighted for USM to join, if they do.
    This is the kind of arrogance and comments that demonstrate why La Tech finds themselves in in the unenviable position they are in. You obviously have no idea what is going on in the world of College football during this period of realignment and/or what the national perception is of the SBC. You may want to consider glancing at the Top 25 polls during the last couple of years or catch a few nationally televised SBC games when you have some free time. And since you have obviously been living under a rock for a while now, App State has been a well known entity since their upset of the Michigan Wolverines in 2007. But I guess that news has not made its way to Ruston just yet!

But don't worry, the new CUSA will be fine once Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin, New Mexico State and possibly Liberty decide if they want to make a move down to that level and join La Tech and the ruminants of what once was CUSA 2.0.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Dude…

If you’re a heel, you’re a heel in WCW circa 2000. Vince McMahon (AAC) just took all the faces he wanted, and ECW (Sun Belt) already has its own thing working well and doesn’t want you.

We already play y’all in all sports but football. Trust me, y’all don’t really move the needle for us in ticket sales. Whatever money we might make in ticket sales won’t come close to offsetting the cfp and media money we’d have to share with y’all. With that said, I’m sure UL and ULM would vote for you if only for political reasons. You might also get Texas St. But A-State, South Al, and Troy don’t want you, and neither do any of the Eastern schools who want better travel in the East.

USM has been in discussions with the SBC for a while now. Those discussions started well before this round of conference realignment. In fact, they probably started right around the time your AD had that crazy and insecure rant about how bad the SBC was compared to C-USA. Y’all spent decades trying to “separate” yourselves from the SBC. Y’all made your choices.
    Hahahaha...yeah. USM was so ticked at TMac that they approached the belt!

Day drinking...good for you!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1 View Post
    This is the kind of arrogance and comments that demonstrate why La Tech finds themselves in in the unenviable position they are in. You obviously have no idea what is going on in the world of College football during this period of realignment and/or what the national perception is of the SBC. You may want to consider glancing at the Top 25 polls during the last couple of years or catch a few nationally televised SBC games when you have some free time. And since you have obviously been living under a rock for a while now, App State has been a well known entity since their upset of the Michigan Wolverines in 2007. But I guess that news has not made its way to Ruston just yet!

But don't worry, the new CUSA will be fine once Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin, New Mexico State and possibly Liberty decide if they want to make a move down to that level and join La Tech and the ruminants of what once was CUSA 2.0.
    So, be honest, how pissed will you be if Tech is added to the Belt?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread