+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No effect?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

No effect?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/study-s...205311010.html

If so, then they should reinstate Armstrong's 7 titles and apologize.

If PEDs have zero effect on performance, as this study indicates, that means Lance won those Tours with his own talent and training. Oh, I know, some will say "it's the cover up," "it's the lies about drug use" that matters. Really? Those not wanting Lance to have what he earned will reach for any excuse.

I have defended Lance, so you know what side I'm on. First, I made the point that Lance NEVER tested positive for drugs, not once! He was the most-tested rider in Tour history. The "French" wanted so badly to catch him at something. While other elite riders at that time were being caught, and DQed, Lance undergoing the same testing and for the same drugs, never tested positive. NOT ONCE! I still don't understand how that is possible, if Lance was using PEDs.

Then, point 2. Okay, IF Lance used the same PEDs as those others, then that means they ALL did and the playing field was level. Lance won 7 straight times because his training regimen is legendary. No one ever out-worked him in training.

No, they won't reinstate his titles....just because. But it is interesting the PEDs had no effect.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: No effect?

The 2017 Tour is underway right now, BTW.

Only three Americans in this year's tour, all on the Cannondale Team. Andrew Talansky is the team leader and has a legit shot at a Top 5 finish. A podium finish??? Maybe, but he'll have to have a great tour...and a little good luck.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/study-s...205311010.html

If so, then they should reinstate Armstrong's 7 titles and apologize.

If PEDs have zero effect on performance, as this study indicates, that means Lance won those Tours with his own talent and training. Oh, I know, some will say "it's the cover up," "it's the lies about drug use" that matters. Really? Those not wanting Lance to have what he earned will reach for any excuse.

I have defended Lance, so you know what side I'm on. First, I made the point that Lance NEVER tested positive for drugs, not once! He was the most-tested rider in Tour history. The "French" wanted so badly to catch him at something. While other elite riders at that time were being caught, and DQed, Lance undergoing the same testing and for the same drugs, never tested positive. NOT ONCE! I still don't understand how that is possible, if Lance was using PEDs.

Then, point 2. Okay, IF Lance used the same PEDs as those others, then that means they ALL did and the playing field was level. Lance won 7 straight times because his training regimen is legendary. No one ever out-worked him in training.

No, they won't reinstate his titles....just because. But it is interesting the PEDs had no effect.

I agree. This is shocking evidence, if true. But you know the folks in charge of cycling will never go back and admit guilt. They just hated having a American win the Tour year after year after year.

So be it. Now I'm happy to report that I no longer watch the Tour de France and I proudly admit that I can't name a single cyclist in professional cycling. They could be riding thru my neighborhood now, and I couldn't care less.

I admire/respect endurance athletes. This morning I rode a whopping 20 miles, averaging less than 15mph and my hip hurt, my butt hurt (TMI, I know, sorry), I was hot! And then I watched the end of today's Tour stage and those guys went 126 miles at an average speed of 30+ mph. And tomorrow, they'll do it again. Remarkable athletes.

BTW, in his first ever TDF, American Taylor Phinney jumped out to the lead, in a small group, and led for 125.4 miles today. He was caught by the Peleton at the 1KM Red Kite. He is in the King of the Mountain jersey though.

+ Reply to Thread