+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever known a true rock star?

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever known a true rock star?

I mean a REAL rock star! I grew up in Ferriday where Jerry Lee Lewis, Mickey Gilley and the Rev. Jimmy Swaggart did. I personally know the Lewis and Gilley families. Jerry Lee is about 10 years older, but his sister Linda Gayle is my age. I went to high school with her.

Another weird meeting I had was on an airplane. Sometimes in the late '80's, I was traveling from Minneapolis/St. Paul to DFW on a Friday night and the band The Cure was on the flight. I sat by the bass guitar player. They were headed to Houston for a show. This was before they were big. I had no clue who they were until some of the younger passengers kept asking for autographs. I then struck up a conversation with the bass player (don't remember his name).

How about you? Any stories to pass along??

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Have you ever known a true rock star?

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I mean a REAL rock star! I grew up in Ferriday where Jerry Lee Lewis, Mickey Gilley and the Rev. Jimmy Swaggart did. I personally know the Lewis and Gilley families. Jerry Lee is about 10 years older, but his sister Linda Gayle is my age. I went to high school with her.

Another weird meeting I had was on an airplane. Sometimes in the late '80's, I was traveling from Minneapolis/St. Paul to DFW on a Friday night and the band The Cure was on the flight. I sat by the bass guitar player. They were headed to Houston for a show. This was before they were big. I had no clue who they were until some of the younger passengers kept asking for autographs. I then struck up a conversation with the bass player (don't remember his name).

How about you? Any stories to pass along??
    Not rock, but country.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Not rock, but country.
    That will work. Who is it?

Isn't your sister in the business?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Have a rock star and a country star as clients, but I cannot reveal their identity. One of them may have been mentioned in the best guitarist thread.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Yes, she is, but she's not a star.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I went to high school, ran track, and sang in choir with Billy Currington, the country singer.

MC Hammer and his posse ate at the Chick-fil-a where I worked in high school. I served the guy with the tall, triangular hair.

It's not music, but AJ Pierzynski and I were buddies in elementary school and also played little league together. We thoroughly tested the hypothesis that cats always land on their feet with our neighbor's cats. (For the record, cats are pretty damn amazing at landing on their feet. But there are circumstances in which they cannot land on their feet. This does, however, require an acceleration greater than that due to gravity alone.)

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Have a rock star and a country star as clients, but I cannot reveal their identity. One of them may have been mentioned in the best guitarist thread.
    What kind of law do you practice?

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

I smoke weed with Willie all the time.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

I don't know one, but I did meet Ted Nugent in the Memphis airport over a year ago.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    What kind of law do you practice?
    Intellectual property.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Intellectual property.
    I guess that means that JOakes hasn't tried to retain your services.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Not rock, but country.

The only one that I really know fairly well is Jaimie Oneal. She had a couple of number ones, one co-written by my sister. I don't know how big of a star she is considered, though. Other than that, Waylon Jennings when my sister was helping Jessie write a cookbook. Oh, and I have a very intriguing story of a party I went to at Mel Tillis' ranch several years before I met Vettewrecker. And no, it can't be told on the board. Austindawg really liked it, though.

Intellectual property.
    I thought you were a Libertarian?!?!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I knew that saxophonist Bill Clinton.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I thought you were a Libertarian?!?!
    Libertarians believe in private property rights. Rand actually wrote an essay on the importance of protecting IPRs.

+ Reply to Thread