+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Name a crappy band from the 90s (or defend one that others call bad)

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: Name a crappy band from the 90s (or defend one that others call bad)

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    Popular never defines what I consider good or awful. Although, a song that sucks AND is way overplayed (because it is popular I suppose) makes it that much more grating.

I don't have a problem with "soft rock" either, but that might be closer. Hootie just sounds run-of-the-mill.

I wouldn't consider myself a "song-by-song" person, although I can appreciate a well-done piece for radio play. I'd much rather listen to a CD (on my ipod or not) all of the way through. But I think I might punch a crack in my rearview window if I ever hear Hootie again while on the road.
    "Hootie just sounds run-of-the-mill."

That's your entire argument?

Really?

I think johnnyligtnin is right on the nose about this thread then.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    I liked 7 mary 3.

What's so awful about them?
    Nothing stands out as worth liking. Average, forgettable band.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    This is the music snob, anti-popularity list.

In that vein, I hate Creed and the Goo Goo Dolls. Further, I can't stand Billy Corgan's voice, so, I'm not a fan of the "Pumkins".
    I wouldn't call it an anti-popularity list, although I would certainly say that a band that is very popular but very average (forgettable) deserves to go on it moreso than a band that is less popular but equally average. That is, one expects something but is left highly disappointed.

I would also say that a band that nobody has ever heard of but is just as average is less "crappy," provided ones expectations are lower. If one's expectations are not in line with popularity, then that band is equally "crappy" -- I consider that some room to maneuver in the discussion.

A band that is popular but fantastic is certainly not crappy.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Creed did suck pretty bad,
    So was Limp Bizkit,
    Any group comprised of 3+ 16-20 year old guys that don't play instruments.
    Ace of Base = horrible

Chumbawumba
    Crash Test Dummies
    OMC
    Harvey Danger

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Chumbawumba
    THE crappy band from the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    THE crappy band from the 90s.
    I thought the Hansen (sp?) one was a pretty good example as well.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I didn't like Orgy or Tonic.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

The Offspring. Talk about annoying.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Sugar Ray

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Puff Daddy.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I wouldn't call it an anti-popularity list, although I would certainly say that a band that is very popular but very average (forgettable) deserves to go on it moreso than a band that is less popular but equally average. That is, one expects something but is left highly disappointed.

I would also say that a band that nobody has ever heard of but is just as average is less "crappy," provided ones expectations are lower. If one's expectations are not in line with popularity, then that band is equally "crappy" -- I consider that some room to maneuver in the discussion.

A band that is popular but fantastic is certainly not crappy.
    Just a question...

Do you go to bars and pick up fat chicks that no one else is hitting on hoping that you'll find one that is great in the sack?

I mean a fat chick that can work it, by your logic, is better than a hot chick who can work it equally as well because your expectations are lower...

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The Offspring. Talk about annoying.
    YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!!

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

I thought the Hansen (sp?) one was a pretty good example as well.
    Hansen
    Limp bizkit
    creed
    Goo goo Dolls
    etc.

98 degrees

+ Reply to Thread