+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 86 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Puppy vlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the rough

Re: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Where are the final band rankings?
    Since you asked.

http://www.ncaa.com/video/football/2...marching-bands

Puppy vlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    You didn't offende anyone. Just frustrated with the non answer. If its public knowledge please do tell.
    $350,000

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I expect the new mayor to be all over this
    My thoughts as well. Been a problem for a long time IMHO. College towns should expect and want to have businesses open in the evenings and up til game time on weekends.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    My thoughts as well. Been a problem for a long time IMHO. College towns should expect and want to have businesses open in the evenings and up til game time on weekends.
    Hopefully even later...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vlw View Post
    $350,000
    Not sure I believe that.

At that rate, Southern Univ would make more money than LA Tech does off this game. At $20 per seat (average), LA Tech's breakeven will be 17,500 seats. Any attendance OVER that, we make money. Anything under that, we lose money. Since the stadium's new capacity only holds 28K, that means only $560,000 MAXIMUM can be generated off of ticket sales (at $20 per) even if we sell every seat in the house. There's no way LA Tech is going to give Southern Univ $350,000 of that amount, and keep only $210,000 for itself. Think about it. Then throw me an HONEST number.......

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    I so agree with this. DD was here for one of the 11:00 games so no time to shop before game, and she wanted to stop at a couple of her favorite shops after the game, and nothing was open at 2:30. Missed out on $$ that day for sure. Had it been a 6:00 game we would have had a lot more time to do damage. She's not big on tailgating all day, so she could have shopped up until late afternoon, way past noon or 2:00. I guess, though, the shop owners all have to tailgate and can't be in two places at once. . . . .
    I really hope someone can speak to all our business owners and help them realize that they can make their week in one day by staying open on game day. Price of doing business is to be open when people are off work and can shop. At Christmas this year, I went to a store in downtown to get something for my wife. It was December 22, and there was a sign in the window that stated they were closed and would reopen after the new year. I have not gone in yet because I am back a work since he holidays are over and can't get over there now during their hours.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I really hope someone can speak to all our business owners and help them realize that they can make their week in one day by staying open on game day. Price of doing business is to be open when people are off work and can shop. At Christmas this year, I went to a store in downtown to get something for my wife. It was December 22, and there was a sign in the window that stated they were closed and would reopen after the new year. I have not gone in yet because I am back a work since he holidays are over and can't get over there now during their hours.
    Any business owner that you have to explain that to isn't smart enough to run a business.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Any business owner that you have to explain that to isn't smart enough to run a business.
    Maybe it is the case that out downtown operations enjoy existing rather than thriving.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it is the case that out downtown operations enjoy existing rather than thriving.
    This more often than you know.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Not sure I believe that.

At that rate, Southern Univ would make more money than LA Tech does off this game. At $20 per seat (average), LA Tech's breakeven will be 17,500 seats. Any attendance OVER that, we make money. Anything under that, we lose money. Since the stadium's new capacity only holds 28K, that means only $560,000 MAXIMUM can be generated off of ticket sales (at $20 per) even if we sell every seat in the house. There's no way LA Tech is going to give Southern Univ $350,000 of that amount, and keep only $210,000 for itself. Think about it. Then throw me an HONEST number.......
    Our AD has told us multiple times, what the payout would be. SU released our schedule today, I'm SUre something will be in the advocate shortly.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

That sounds exactly like downtown Ruston. So much potential but the effort seems to be concentrated on creating the best aesthetic potential instead of focusing on it's business/community potential.

Puppy ptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her game

Just looked at Kansas State's schedule for next year. Weekend before Tech game, K-State is playing IN San Antonio.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    That sounds exactly like downtown Ruston. So much potential but the effort seems to be concentrated on creating the best aesthetic potential instead of focusing on it's business/community potential.
    Those aren't mutually exclusive propositions, of course.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Gram's band is no where near the level of SU's band. That's really a insult, because they are horrible.
    I know. I was yanking your chain, Captain Serious.

Ya know, I had actually heard that SU fans were humorless wet-blanket killjoys ...

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

$350,000
    I dont understand or believe the $350,000. The largest gate receipts we ever had was around $250,000 for the Miss State game. Southern travels but when you count the heads they wont bring over 7500 who buys tickets and at $20 thats $150,000 which added to the $250,000 would be $400,000 max. No way Tech can afford to pay out $350,000 of that regardless of who it is. I think if one digs deeply into the fine print you may find a return game.

+ Reply to Thread