+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Varsity Bulldog Statboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    multiple sources, including this one http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sport...ying-bowl-game cite the HofD payout at $1.1million.
    Actually that's one site. Just because you say is multiple sites, doesn't make it multiple sites.

Varsity Bulldog Statboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

They pay the conferences $1million. Looks like the schools net $460k plus ticket sales.

http://hbcudigest.com/post/116585273...c-swac-revenue
    Um....there's an easy joke here, but I'm going to take the high road and just say we aren't the meac conference

BTW, it appears that you left out the ticket sales.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Statboy View Post
    Actually that's one site. Just because you say is multiple sites, doesn't make it multiple sites.
    Google is your friend.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Um....there's an easy joke here, but I'm going to take the high road and just say we aren't the meac conference

BTW, it appears that you left out the ticket sales.
    Come on bro. They pay equally.

Google is your friend.

I hear ya buddy, it's your claim not mine. In the big scheme of things what does it matter?
    Last edited by Statboy; 08-22-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Come on bro. They pay equally.
    Your confusing what the Conferences actually payout to their schools vs the bowl sponsor payout.

I hear ya buddy, it's your claim not mine. It the big scheme of things what does it matter?
    you tell me. You posted about bowl payouts.

Your confusing what the Conferences actually payout to their schools vs the bowl sponsor payout.
    you don't think the bowl pays out equally to both schools' conferences?

This explanation reads pretty clearly: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/show...AC-Bowl-Payout

What you were looking at its a PROJECTION by the MEAC conference as to how they will splits their share. That's not written in stone and it certainly has nothing to do with how the SWAC splits its share.

Let me put it to you this way. Does the Sunbelt tells CUSA how to spin their money?

Last edited by Statboy; 08-22-2015 at 03:46 PM.

What you were looking at its a PROJECTION by the MEAC conference as to how they will splits their share. That's not written in stone and it certainly has nothing to do with how the SWAC splits is share.

Let me put it to you this way. Does the Sunbelt tells CUSA how to spin their money?
    You also linked a projection when you tried to compare the HofD payout.

So, what do you think the SWAC participant will get paid? You posted that each school gets $1million.

You also linked a projection when you tried to compare the HofD payout.

So, what do you think the SWAC participant will get paid? You posted that each school gets $1million.

No I did not link a projection. That's was a report on last year's payout for the HOD Bowl. If you had looked above the reported payouts, you would have notice links attach to each previous year and the projection for the coming year. Which happens to match what you posted.

No I didn't post that the payout was a million, I said in the neighborhood of a million. Because until the final ticket receipts are registered, there's no way of knowing for sure. It could actually be more.

Bulldog Earle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    I will say that we should be ashamed of ourselves if we don't sell out. We have NEVER sold out, and now we have fewer seats.. This is the best Tech team in my lifetime (born 1992) and its Driskel's first game. You'd think some local SEC fans will come just to see him.. We are coming off an 8 win season and a bowl win and also picked to top our division this year by the coaches..Combine that with an opponent that will bring plenty of fans and anything under a sellout shows that our brand isn't where it needs to be.

This game needs to be SRO or it proves that people in north Louisiana aren't paying attention to us.. Facts only
    This game will definitely be a sellout. It appears most SU fans are purchasing their tickets directly from Tech or through Ticketmaster or some other outlet. My organization bought our tickets directly from Tech. With SU-affiliated organizations buying tickets from sources other than SU, it would be impossible to know, at this point, just how many SU fans have actually purchased tickets. There is no doubt in my mind that thousands of tickets already sold byTech have been sold to SU fans. We most likely will not know actual SU numbers until gameday. But I know so well that the "gold and blue" will be well represented, as usual! Even if the game sells out leaving many stranded at the gate, no fewer than 8000 SU fans will make their way to your campus. WHEN YOU TECH GUYS COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT MY PREDICTION AND THE PREDICTIONS OF OTHERS ARE COMING TRUE, YOU GUYS WILL OWE ME A TAILGATE INVITE!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Earle View Post
    This game will definitely be a sellout. It appears most SU fans are purchasing their tickets directly from Tech or through Ticketmaster or some other outlet. My organization bought our tickets directly from Tech. With SU-affiliated organizations buying tickets from sources other than SU, it would be impossible to know, at this point, just how many SU fans have actually purchased tickets. There is no doubt in my mind that thousands of tickets already sold byTech have been sold to SU fans. We most likely will not know actual SU numbers until gameday. But I know so well that the "gold and blue" will be well represented, as usual! Even if the game sells out leaving many stranded at the gate, no fewer than 8000 SU fans will make their way to your campus. WHEN YOU TECH GUYS COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT MY PREDICTION AND THE PREDICTIONS OF OTHERS ARE COMING TRUE, YOU GUYS WILL OWE ME A TAILGATE INVITE!

I can accept the prediction that 8000 SU fans will be scattered across Ruston and N. Louisiana Labor Day Weekend. I would never argue that. You know how many of your fans travel on a given weekend to away games regardless of whether they plan to buy tickets or if walk up tickets are even available. That comradery is commendable for sure.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Earle View Post
    I don't doubt the attendance predictions with 23k Tech fans and the rest Southern fans for a sell-out. But what is your prediction on the actual Game?

Bulldogs 45
    Southern 21

With starters being sat halfway through the 3rd quarter and Southern scoring 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter

+ Reply to Thread