+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1288

Thread: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Earle View Post
    Thank you! Congratulations on the win! We weren't supposed to win and, frankly, I didn't expect us to, but I also did not think the score would be so lopsided. Hope you guys win your conference and go to the Fiesta Bowl, as you desire. The pre-game atmosphere was off the chains, and I had a wonderful all-around experience except for the parking situation. I had to park way too far away from the stadium than is practical or reasonable. I don't think your campus is designed to accomodate some 8000 visitors in additoon to your own fanbase. But overall, wonderful experience, and good luck the rest of the way!
    Thanks except that I've walked three times as far as the distance from our stadium to the furthest parked car when at some SEC games because their is no parking for 80,000+. It ain't that bad.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly.........visit Texas A&M, Miss St, Auburn, or even the junior college in red stick and 3 miles may understate it a little.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We parked under the window of my long-ago dorm room at Jenkins, and walked. I used to walk from Jenkins all over the place, including over to Aillet for games. Nothing to it. No one else was complaining either. Walked with both Tech and SU fans, chatted with them as we walked. No one had an issue with the park/walk situation.

Overall great experience. Just like some of us have been posting for years (decades) on this forum (and the old forum) of ALL in-state schools, besides LSU, to bring to Ruston, Southern is the #1 choice. I think we have been proven right.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Copy, paste: http://theadvocate.com/sports/southern/13370565-128/louisiana-tech-feasts-on-southerns

S
    eriously, I was skeptical, but Southern fan support is very impressive. Well done.

Bulldog Earle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Thanks except that I've walked three times as far as the distance from our stadium to the furthest parked car when at some SEC games because their is no parking for 80,000+. It ain't that bad.
    I can understand having to walk long distances at big schools such as LSU, Texas A & M, or Miss. State, but Tech is not one of those schools where 60,000 to 80,000 fans are likely to show up. The number of fans that you anticipate are comparable to what we expect at SU. Our stadiums are of comparable size (Tech 28,019 and SU 28,900) and consequently should have comparable parking spaces. Yet when SU welcomes upwards of 25,000 (approximately 3 times per year), our fans and visitors do not experience the parking difficulties that SU experienced at Tech this weekend. What gives?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Earle View Post
    What gives?
    Y'all are just way ahead of us on such things.

Other than the exorbitant amount we paid to have y'all visit and moving our own fans to make y'all more comfortable, what should we have done?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we should bulldoze several of our brand new building and existing neighborhoods and pave a few parking lots.

The other thing to think about is that those schools have stadiums in the middle of campus. The tailgating is all over campus and the parking is for parking. Not so for us.

Bulldog Earle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Y'all are just way ahead of us on such things.

Other than the exorbitant amount we paid to have y'all visit and moving our own fans to make y'all more comfortable, what should we have done?
    Absolutely nothing! Additional parking is a long-range project that requires long-range planning. You guys were wonderful and I really mean that! The game-day experience was nearly perfect. I take back nothing but fond memories of my firsrt visit to JAS.

Sorry for my last comments Earle. I see where you were going with that now.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Tech's campus needs more parking lots like a moose needs a hat rack.

Puppy OldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the ears

I that why the master plan shows 3 parking garages?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawg View Post
    I that why the master plan shows 3 parking garages?
    Entitlement mentality.

People really think they are OWED free vehicle storage at public expense.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Entitlement mentality.

People really think they are OWED free vehicle storage at public expense.
    I dawned on me after we walked away that it must have been you tailgating with Eric. Thanks for the pig.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I dawned on me after we walked away that it must have been you tailgating with Eric. Thanks for the pig.
    Actually, it's Worm that tailgates with me. He's been a friend for more than half my life, and we spent two quarters as roommates making some very poor choices together.

But they weren't all poor choices. He also gets credit for initially hooking me up with the extraordinary lady who is now Mrs. Champ. That alone gains him lifetime admittance to my tailgate.Plus, he always brings extra ice.

Glad you liked the pig. (I stole the recipe from DFM nearly 10 years ago.) Stop by anytime.

+ Reply to Thread