+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1288

Thread: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Things work in Texas. They have it figured out. Less liberal corruption maybe? More toll roads? More public transportation?
    Maybe. But out of consideration for other readers in the Football Forum, I'm gonna cut myself off here.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champ967 View Post
    with no strings attached, forever. All the benefits + no direct responsibility = entitlement mentality.
    labg

thank you. Point taken.
    twss

...a pittance, a drop in the bucket,
    twss

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Things work in Texas. They have it figured out. Less liberal corruption maybe? More toll roads? More public transportation?
    More tax revenue. Car registration tax every year depending on the weight vehicle, Property taxes which are 10x what they are in Louisiana

"The median property tax in Louisiana is $243.00 per year for a home worth the median value of $135,400.00. Counties in Louisiana collect an average of 0.18% of a property's assesed fair market value as property tax per year.

Louisiana has one of the lowest median property tax rates in the United States, with only states collecting a lower median property tax than Louisiana."

"The median property tax in Texas is $2,275.00 per year for a home worth the median value of $125,800.00. Counties in Texas collect an average of 1.81% of a property's assesed fair market value as property tax per year.
    Texas has one of the highest average property tax rates in the country"

http://www.tax-rates.org/

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    More tax revenue. Car registration tax every year depending on the weight vehicle, Property taxes which are 10x what they are Louisiana

"The median property tax in Louisiana is $243.00 per year for a home worth the median value of $135,400.00. Counties in Louisiana collect an average of 0.18% of a property's assesed fair market value as property tax per year.

Louisiana has one of the lowest median property tax rates in the United States, with only states collecting a lower median property tax than Louisiana."

"The median property tax in Texas is $2,275.00 per year for a home worth the median value of $125,800.00. Counties in Texas collect an average of 1.81% of a property's assesed fair market value as property tax per year.
    Texas has one of the highest average property tax rates in the country"

http://www.tax-rates.org/
    Thank you -

Most folks in LA don't want to hear this -

You can't have adequate public services unless they are funded at the local level

BRAGGING on having one of the lowest property tax rates is not good for anyone involved and those parishes that do are usually sucking hind teat and have horrible public schools -

Now I'm very conservative at heart and in principle, but IF people vote a tax on themselves set the millage at the rate and leave it there from day one...

Don't roll it back and starve your services and punish your constituents with poor schools, roads, water, fire and police protection
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Local and state property taxes in Texas go to build federal roads, toll roads, and bridges?

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Local and state property taxes in Texas go to build federal roads, toll roads, and bridges?
    City,County and State which make up the vast majority of roads. On top of that, vehicle registration tax which is about $75 per year per vehicle, 3 car/trucks for a family around $225 per year - equivalent to Louisiana's property tax.

City,County and State which make up the vast majority of roads. On top of that, vehicle registration tax which is about $75 per year per vehicle, 3 car/trucks for a family around $225 per year - equivalent to Louisiana's property tax.
    Sorry, but when I think Texas roads, I think about those I travel which are mostly federal.

Louisiana has needed to raise the homestead exemption for years. I don't expect it will happen.

Louisiana charges too little for vehicle registration. It needs to be raised and I have 5 vehicles.

I can only speak of Ouachita Parish regarding property tax, but most of it goes to Law Enforcement, Jails, Fire, and Schools. Way too much of it goes to libraries. Other than the general fund (assuming they get some road money) I don't pay a single dime of property tax to build or maintain local roads or bridges.

Also, I pay approx. $1300/year for a $250K house. I think your math might be off for on our property taxes.

Sorry, but when I think Texas roads, I think about those I travel which are mostly federal.

Louisiana has needed to raise the homestead exemption for years. I don't expect it will happen.

Louisiana charges too little for vehicle registration. It needs to be raised and I have 5 vehicles.

I can only speak of Ouachita Parish regarding property tax, but most of it goes to Law Enforcement, Jails, Fire, and Schools. Way too much of it goes to libraries. Other than the general fund (assuming they get some road money) I don't pay a single dime of property tax to build or maintain local roads or bridges.

Also, I pay approx. $1300/year for a $250K house. I think your math might be off for on our property taxes.
    You never venture off the interstate? You are missing out on so much, there is more to Texas than gas stations and truck stops.

From tax-rates.org for 2015
    "The median property tax in Louisiana is
    $243.00 per year for a home worth the median value of $135,400.00."

You never venture off the interstate? You are missing out on so much, there is more to Texas than gas stations and truck stops.

Yes, my last trip over I did travel hwy 6 from Waco to Eastland. It was very scenic and I enjoyed it. I'm a native Texan, so I'm familiar with the quality of state and local roads. It's just that I normally travel interstate these days.

Looks like Bobby Jindal gave the "tax-rates.org" folks their latest info. on Louisiana.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

holy potato, I pay almost 10 times for property taxes here in upstate NY.

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    holy potato, I pay almost 10 times for property taxes here in upstate NY.
    Of course you do, but you get much more culture fo yo monies.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you do, but you get much more culture fo yo monies.

If I ever decide to teach, I will apply for a job at Tech so I can get to watch my dawgs in person.
    I'm missing Tech and Ruston more than ever.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Here is the link to the Grand Recap from 2014 for Ouachita -

https://www.opassessor.com/pdf/TaxIn...drecap2014.pdf

Since there is no dedicated roads & bridge maintenance tax - it is safe to assume that your General Fund millage (which is set by R.S.) is used to fund the Hwy Department

So yes you do pay property taxes for the upkeep of parish roads within the parish

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Louisiana exempts the 1st $75,000 - so only 60,400 of that median value is actually taxed.

Next time I see Brad, probably in October, I will ask him the exact breakdown

+ Reply to Thread