+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How Would You Change the Baseball Program?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: How Would You Change the Baseball Program?

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    We all want to win in football, basketball, and baseball. We expect it and blame only coach or coaches when it doesn't happen as that is all we know to do. Most have little understanding of what it takes to have a legitimate contender. Until we put up and administration puts more up, it ain't happening on any consistent basis.
    So we give up??? I am sorry, Sim has been here 9-10 years, with resources he anticipates from one year to the next--it's not getting better or worse, so at least it's predictable. Can't he get it right once? I mean Rupp misses the tourney this year, he is out. Sim misses it at OUR place in 2008, has players collecting tickets and raking the field...and that is okay?

Somebody please tell me why this coach is untouchable!
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 03-25-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: fix quote

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    We all want to win in football, basketball, and baseball. We expect it and blame only coach or coaches when it doesn't happen as that is all we know to do. Most have little understanding of what it takes to have a legitimate contender. Until we put up and administration puts more up, it ain't happening on any consistent basis.

So we give up??? I am sorry, Sim has been here 9-10 years, with resources he anticipates from one year to the next--it's not getting better or worse, so at least it's predictable. Can't he get it right once? I mean Rupp misses the tourney this year, he is out. Sim misses it at OUR place in 2008, has players collecting tickets and raking the field...and that is okay?

Somebody please tell me why this coach is untouchable!
    That's not true. The resources are getting worse. Yes, I am a Simoneaux/Frannie/Tree supporter. And I realize that wins/losses are what coaches are judged on. But most people truly have no idea how bad baseball gets treated at Tech. I do. It's embarrassing.
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 03-25-2011 at 10:23 AM.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post

That's not true. The resources are getting worse. Yes, I am a Simoneaux/Frannie/Tree supporter. And I realize that wins/losses are what coaches are judged on. But most people truly have no idea how bad baseball gets treated at Tech. I do. It's embarrassing.
    Worse than soccer? Looks like a coaching change helped over there.

Even at Tech baseball's level of support, you've got to have a W/L line somewhere, right? Where would you put that line? What's your expectation of Tech baseball given "how bad baseball gets treated at Tech?"

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Worse than soccer? Looks like a coaching change helped over there.

Even at Tech baseball's level of support, you've got to have a W/L line somewhere, right? Where would you put that line? What's your expectation of Tech baseball given "how bad baseball gets treated at Tech?"
    I have no idea about soccer. Didn't know we had a new coach. My expectations are to get the most out of what you are given to work with. Sim goes above and beyond that. When the university decides to support baseball, my expectations may change.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    I have no idea about soccer. Didn't know we had a new coach. My expectations are to get the most out of what you are given to work with. Sim goes above and beyond that. When the university decides to support baseball, my expectations may change.
    DallasDog found us a very special soccer coach in Kevin Sherry. I don't know how much longer we will be able to keep him.

Coach Jennifer Soileau
    2004: 0-10-2
    2005: 7-10-0 (0-7-0 WAC, 8th)
    2006: 4-10-3 (0-6-1 WAC, T-7th)
    Coach Kevin Sherry
    2007: 2-14-1 (0-6-1 WAC, 8th)
    2008: 10-5-5 (0-3-4 WAC, 7th)
    2009: 12-7-1 (1-7-0 WAC, 9th)
    2010: 15-6-0 (5-3-0 WAC, 3rd)
    -- picked to finish in 9th place

Do you hear this kind of news coming from our other programs?
    Lady Techster soccer takes Louisiana Cup
    Tech soccer earns NSCAA ethics/sportsmanship award
    Louisiana Tech to host soccer fest
    Louisiana Tech soccer wins NSCAA academic award
    Louisiana Tech soccer lands three on all-WAC team
    Greshman, King named to the CoSIDA/ESPN The Magazine academic all-district team
    Sherry, Stewart enter Graceland University Wall of Fame
    Lady Techsters qualify for WAC tournament
    WAC to stream women's soccer tournament from Louisiana Tech
    Tech soccer takes on KTVE-KARD sports challenge
    Tech soccer offers free clinics this summer
    Tech soccer wins Central Arkansas 7v7 tournament
    LA Tech soccer wins team ethics award
    King named to academic all-district team
    LA Tech soccer shops for needy family
    Lady Techster soccer has record breaking season
    Lady Techsters visit Shreveport YMCA Saturday
    Tech soccer to play home matches at new facility
    An insight into Louisiana Tech soccer
    Tech soccer wins Kick for the Cure tournament
    Lady Techsters help impact the community
    Lady Techster soccer team recognized as most improved in the nation
    Sherry to instruct high school coaching clinic Saturday
    Somis Sports ranks Tech soccer no. 16 among most improved teams
    Davis and Wolstead receive NCSAA Adidas scholar recognition
    Women's soccer team to brighten one family's Christmas
    Women's soccer team award academic award
    LA Tech's Sherry and Clark selected for US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program
    Tech's Davis named academic all-district
    Tech to host final home matches at Ruston Junior High
    Sevier's goal lifts Techsters to title
    Techsters host free youth clinic in West Monroe
    Community service central to soccer team's goals
    Dates set for LA Tech Soccer Academy
    Lady Techsters sweep to victory at ULL tournament
    Four Lady Techsters earn academic all-WAC honors
    Davis named to NCSAA all-south region scholar athlete team
    Tech soccer to hold open try-outs
    World class triathlete visits with Tech soccer team
    Sherry named Lady Techster soccer coach
    Last edited by Dawg06; 03-25-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Coach Sherry is the real deal, don't know how far he can take Tech in soccer but he has olddog as a fan and supportor. I know nothing about the sport, don't know if I ever will, but I can tell when a coach is good, both by their results and the way they treat others, like this old fart. We got a winner in coach Sherry.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Coach Sherry is the real deal, don't know how far he can take Tech in soccer but he has olddog as a fan and supportor. I know nothing about the sport, don't know if I ever will, but I can tell when a coach is good, both by their results and the way they treat others, like this old fart. We got a winner in coach Sherry.
    I don't think he'll be around long enough for us to find out how far he can take Tech in soccer... Honestly, I can't believe he's still here... I'm sure he's had better offers...

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

We've lost the last 13 games against Texas teams.....yet, we have 10 players on the team from Texas ( all from small towns ). Our lack of recruiting money is killing us. We need the resources to thoroughly scout the select team circuit in the DFW area. There is a huge talent pool in north Texas we are not reaching for whatever reason. Many of these top knotch players get recruited by the big college programs in Texas, and these players go on to collect splinters on their teams' bench. We could offer these quality players a very good chance of starting in their freshman season.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    We've lost the last 13 games against Texas teams.....yet, we have 10 players on the team from Texas ( all from small towns ). Our lack of recruiting money is killing us. We need the resources to thoroughly scout the select team circuit in the DFW area. There is a huge talent pool in north Texas we are not reaching for whatever reason. Many of these top knotch players get recruited by the big college programs in Texas, and these players go on to collect splinters on their teams' bench. We could offer these quality players a very good chance of starting in their freshman season.

Yes, you are accurate and compared to others, we can only send 1 guy out every now and then. They have lost out on many players recuited that have gone on to Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Okla. State, TCU, Baylor (about 4-5 over 3 years), University of Houston, S. Miss, etc. Sometimes it is hard to go back often or able to fly many recruits in that others can do more easily when needed. Doubled edge sword. Have to win to get better players, and takes better players to win. Tech has gotten a few over the years, about same as percentage wise football has gotten that was actually recruited heavily and offered by several large schools...not as many as we may think.

I would like to see how team plays out rest of Spring and works through some of the lack of few quality players in few positions and lack of 4 quality starters and therefore staff depth due to some key guys not back or back full strength for this year.

+ Reply to Thread