+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Offense?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Offense?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    No way...we already hate J'Mar. Can't be that.
    What are you people afraid of? Just put somebody else at QB and see what happens. I've been saying this since early last season. Yet, HERE WE STILL ARE! Even after all this time, and all this poor play, nobody by J'Mar has taken a snap the last 2 years. Honestly, I just don't get it. And you're starting to see that the other players don't get it either.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What are you people afraid of? Just put somebody else at QB and see what happens. I've been saying this since early last season. Yet, HERE WE STILL ARE! Even after all this time, and all this poor play, nobody by J'Mar has taken a snap the last 2 years. Honestly, I just don't get it. And you're starting to see that the other players don't get it either.
    Afraid? I'm not afraid of anything as it pertains to our football team. This is, after all, just a hobby. I'm concerned that it's possible that our issues go deeper than the message board's favorite scape goat. But, by all means, throw someone else in there if it makes you happy. Unless, of course, we still have something to lose for this year. It's not like we only have one conference loss with 6 games left to play or anything.

I'm really ok either way. In fact, it might be nice to see somebody else get a shot so that we can check off that possibility. If my inklings are right, our issues have more to do with coaching...which has more to do with administration, but hey, why not?

Roll the dice!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Afraid? I'm not afraid of anything as it pertains to our football team. This is, after all, just a hobby. I'm concerned that it's possible that our issues go deeper than the message board's favorite scape goat. But, by all means, throw someone else in there if it makes you happy. Unless, of course, we still have something to lose for this year. It's not like we only have one conference loss with 6 games left to play or anything.

I'm really ok either way. In fact, it might be nice to see somebody else get a shot so that we can check off that possibility. If my inklings are right, our issues have more to do with coaching...which has more to do with administration, but hey, why not?

Roll the dice!
    I actually agree with most of that. If I'm going to drive over 600 miles (round trip) to Ruston each week, and take family members to see a football game, I'd like to at least "check off" the box (as you call it) by seeing someone else take some snaps besides J'Mar. But unlike you, I'm not "okay either way", because we already know J'Mar can't do it.

Since we've already let 3 good QB's transfer out in the last year or so, we may not have anybody on the bench that is capable. But I'd like to see that for myself before I decide to quit making the trip each week. What's the worst that can happen? Maybe we lose? HELLO!!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Ya'll remember this shit??

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
    I love passing game.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Oh yes, our OL that played so well the previous 2 weeks against LSU and UNT decided to take the night off against UAB. I'm sure it was because UAB is bigger and stronger than LSU.
    I can't figure it out either. He was under pressure all game. I don't disagree with mixing things up at QB, but I don't think any QB would have performed sufficiently to get the W.

But WE DID get destroyed upfront despite playing very well against LSU and UNT. Mind boggling.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think Holtz will try anything different because he can’t win either way. If another QB blows the doors off, then we wasted 2 years on J’Mar and Holtz failed in trying to see something on J’Mar that wasn’t there and also not seeing something in another QB. If another QB sucks just as bad, then it proves he can’t develop a player, but can only plug in an essentially known commodity in a 5 year or guy like Higgins who did actually figure it out(without Holtz more than likely).

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I can't figure it out either. He was under pressure all game. I don't disagree with mixing things up at QB, but I don't think any QB would have performed sufficiently to get the W.

But WE DID get destroyed upfront despite playing very well against LSU and UNT. Mind boggling.
    It makes no sense. Did they think too much of themselves after those games or something? Let their guard down?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post

There were plenty of times when he had a four our five count to make the throw. As usual he focused on one receiver. He missed on a few, hit a few, and the receivers missed on a few. Any decent DC can see that so they put seven up front (coach says 5, but it was 7) to stuff the stupid option our QB can't run. They don't have to cover our receivers at all after our QB gets rattled. This happened at UNT too.

We as fans need to stop blaming the OLine just because our play calling sucks so bad.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    There were plenty of times when he had a four our five count to make the throw. As usual he focused on one receiver. He missed on a few, hit a few, and the receivers missed on a few. Any decent DC can see that so they put seven up front (coach says 5, but it was 7) to stuff the stupid option our QB can't run. They don't have to cover our receivers at all after our QB gets rattled. This happened at UNT too.

We as fans need to stop blaming the OLine just because our play calling sucks so bad.
    It was pretty much both.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Ya'll remember this shit??

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
    I love passing game.
    Sounds like a politician glad to have another position of power. I don’t think he really means anything he says.

Well at least he had it for 3 years. I guess.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Just let is sinked in for a second: holtz is making $700,000 a year! That is a lot of money for nothing.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

I am embarrassed to admit I was screaming for more WR screens or quick throws along the line-of-scrimmage during the UAB game. This is after months and years of begging for for Rock Star to take more down-the field shots. I am such a passing-game hypocrite.

I am also still surprised at what an emotional roller-coaster ride that Tech football takes me on year after year. I shouldn't be surprised, but it never fails. The high of getting a critical win over UNT (or WKU) early in the season to dropping a big fat turd within a week or two. It really isn't unexpected, but still gets me. I guess it is kind of like the good girl who keeps falling for bad dudes.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    I am embarrassed to admit I was screaming for more WR screens or quick throws along the line-of-scrimmage during the UAB game. This is after months and years of begging for for Rock Star to take more down-the field shots. I am such a passing-game hypocrite. .
    No, you're just intelligent enough to know what plays to run to counter a strong pass rush. Wish we had a HC or OC that did.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    It makes no sense. Did they think too much of themselves after those games or something? Let their guard down?
    I think you've got to look at the OL coach. After USA Holtz said they did some things that we weren't prepared for. His presser this week he says the same thing. That is 100% on coaching, an admission. 5 games in, 2 of them our coach is admitting the OL wasn't ready.

Not the only problem for sure, but admitting that an entire unit was not prepared twice in 5 games. Ouch.

+ Reply to Thread