+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Donovan McNabb Trade

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: Donovan McNabb Trade

I'll bump this again in about 15 weeks.

5-7 wins for the Skins

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Washington didn't win this game as much as Dallas lost it. You have to take a knee with 4 seconds left on your own 36...football 101.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Look. He was an upgrade over Campbell. I'm not disputing that. But he wasn't the difference in last night's game. He didn't throw an interception, but he didn't make much positive impact either. He basically just didn't screw it up for them.

A win is a win. But 15-32, 171 yds, 0 tds isn't a difference maker. It's a game manager. That's all he needed to be, but that's all he was.
    You need to read the entire thread again.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    I'll bump this again in about 15 weeks.

5-7 wins for the Skins
    Welp, they lost to the Rams, so I'd say my prediction is looking pretty solid.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Welp, they lost to the Rams, so I'd say my prediction is looking pretty solid.
    I have to agree. I thought the re-vamped offensive line would help Donovan much more than it has, and I have been surprised at how weak the defense looks compared to last season. Same people, but less production. Of course, Albert ain't helping that situation any.

Don't they play at Philly this week? That should be fun to watch.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Before I say anything else, let me say that this NFL season has me pretty baffled so far. The only undefeated team left is the Mighty Kansas City Chiefs. Go figure.

But, reviewing this thread, I still think this trade has the potential to blow up in Andy Reid's face. I have always thought it was dumb to trade Donovan within the division, and not it could really hurt them. Kolb seems to be the Eagles' backup QB of the future. If Vick can't play this week, then Kolb would start at San Francisco. Kolb hasn't looked good all season, and SF is going to be starving for a victory. Their defense is much better than their record shows, and they could cause Kolb a lot of trouble. After the San Fran game, Philly's schedule looks like this:

Atlanta
    Tennessee
    Indianapolis
    Washington again
    NY Giants
    Chicago
    Houston
    Dallas
    NY Giants
    Minnesota
    Dallas

Those area all lose-able games with Kolb at the helm. I'm not predicting that they will lose them all, but 6-10 isn't out of the question.

Meanwhile, I still can't say that the 'Skins are a Superbowl contender, but they are 2-0 in conference, having beaten the Cowboys and Eagles.

If the Eagles continue to falter, then the question will be, Is this bad enough to cost Andy Reid his job? Philly fans will be calling for his head if they finish below .500

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Before I say anything else, let me say that this NFL season has me pretty baffled so far. The only undefeated team left is the Mighty Kansas City Chiefs. Go figure.

But, reviewing this thread, I still think this trade has the potential to blow up in Andy Reid's face. I have always thought it was dumb to trade Donovan within the division, and not it could really hurt them. Kolb seems to be the Eagles' backup QB of the future. If Vick can't play this week, then Kolb would start at San Francisco. Kolb hasn't looked good all season, and SF is going to be starving for a victory. Their defense is much better than their record shows, and they could cause Kolb a lot of trouble. After the San Fran game, Philly's schedule looks like this:

Atlanta
    Tennessee
    Indianapolis
    Washington again
    NY Giants
    Chicago
    Houston
    Dallas
    NY Giants
    Minnesota
    Dallas

Those area all lose-able games with Kolb at the helm. I'm not predicting that they will lose them all, but 6-10 isn't out of the question.

Meanwhile, I still can't say that the 'Skins are a Superbowl contender, but they are 2-0 in conference, having beaten the Cowboys and Eagles.

If the Eagles continue to falter, then the question will be, Is this bad enough to cost Andy Reid his job? Philly fans will be calling for his head if they finish below .500
    As you can see above, I thought it was bad for the cowgirls as it helped both Phil and Wash. I was correct! And Vick will be back in plenty of time to beat the girls twice.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

TT, where you been with McNabb talk after he got benched for Rex Grossman? Wow, what an embarassment for all involved. I knew McNabb was washed up, but this season has been extremely brutal.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Also, if the Skins lose to Philly this week, it will be basically be the end to the who will have the better season argument as the Eagles will be two games ahead of the Skins, who are lucky to be at 500.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Also, if the Skins lose to Philly this week, it will be basically be the end to the who will have the better season argument as the Eagles will be two games ahead of the Skins, who are lucky to be at 500.
    Wow, still crickets? I would be too after that beatdown D Mc and the Skins received Monday Night. That was some kind of ugly. Vick looked quick and good in the pocket. McNabb showed some flashes, but still looking a little washed up to me.

Hey, I think I've proven my point. Crickets are fine with me.

Ah hell why not; who am I kidding:

I told you so, TT.

I told you so, TT.
    Yeh, and I am wondering if Fox ever acknowledged our bet, haha. I wouldnt be acknowledging it now if I were him.

I told you so, TT.
    Personnel problems (starting with that crybaby DL Haynesworth) and injuries have hurt the Skins. Not McNabb IMHO.

McNabb sucks now and sucked in the past. One good year.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

McNabb sucks now and sucked in the past. One good year.
    Wow, I think that's a little harsh. I don't think Donovan has ever been the top QB in a given year, but he's been an above-average QB for almost all of his career, even if he battled some health issues. That said, he does look on the downside of his career, although I wouldn't put it past him to have another rebirth of some kind.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread