+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #2 Baylor at #1 UCONN

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

#2 Baylor at #1 UCONN

I know that I'm the only one going for Baylor and Kim tonight on these forums but it's time to see parity in women's basketball. Let's give Kim and Leon some support tonight.

GO LADY BEARS! Let's beat UCONN.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Re: #2 Baylor at #1 UCONN

53-48 Lady Bears.

55-48 lady bears ...6 mins left in the game!

56-51 baylor.

58-54 baylor

58-58 good game!

gosh...I hope BU can pull this out haha...I want to see UCONN's streak end because John Wooden was a GREAT GREAT coach and I want to see him have that streak for a life time.

Uconn 63-62:d

64-65 Ucant

36secs left...

I would have lengthen the game for sure. I would have went for the steal Mulkey.

Baylor 64 - UCONN 65 FINAL

Good game by both teams but I do question those final calls by Mulkey and staff. I don't think Leon advised her of...

1) not extending the game long by going for some steals and/or fouling UCONN
    2) Kim called a timeout after UCONN called a timeout...Baylor only had one timeout left, why call a timeout?
    3) Sims is great but she's a frosh and she definitely was not aware of clock/game management in those final seconds.
    4) This is not the last time we will see a game between Baylor and UCONN.
    5) This game did not disappoint at all and congrats Baylor and congrats UCONN.
    6) Is Baylor vs. UCONN the new WBB rivalry? hehe...It just might be or Stanford vs UCONN hehe.

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

Agree, awful mismanagement in final seconds. I agree with not fouling but you have to be aggressive and go for the steal. If you end up fouling, no big deal. And using the final timeout was obviously a blunder.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate Gino. He is extremely arrogant, at least to the camera's. He is very good at patronizing the opposition. Pigtails needs to do a better job of helping Griner figure out how to work open. If she makes her free throws, Baylor wins. If they don't turn the ball over, Baylor wins. My bet is that, if the streak is still in tact, the Lady Bears will end it in March.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Do we have a return game slated for any time for the game last year at Baylor? This is probably old news, but if we talked it, I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Do we have a return game slated for any time for the game last year at Baylor? This is probably old news, but if we talked it, I forgot.
    Kiwi...we should be basketball coaches sense great minds think a like...

techman05 - I think KM and Baylor coaches need to find good ways to work Griner on the paint. They like to set a screen for her a lot on the block to roll of and for her to post on the left corner since she is right handed...but i think she will become more versatile if she can go over her left shoulder too.

As far as Lady Techsters vs Baylor in the future, I think that was a one-time deal because of the connection between the coaches.

+ Reply to Thread