+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'limp-wristed libs' have ruined football

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: 'limp-wristed libs' have ruined football

Wow. You guys are some of the biggest snowflakes. Can't handle it when someone has a different opinion about your country?

What you guys appear to want is fascism. You guys should appreciate that we have people that stand against the idea that what we do is automatically great. People that stand for the idea of making a "more perfect union." The day our entire country rallies around the flag is the day our country has finally lost.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Wow. You guys are some of the biggest snowflakes. Can't handle it when someone has a different opinion about your country?

What you guys appear to want is fascism. You guys should appreciate that we have people that stand against the idea that what we do is automatically great. People that stand for the idea of making a "more perfect union." The day our entire country rallies around the flag is the day our country has finally lost.
    That's a really sad view. I would say the day our entire country rallies around the flag (voluntarily) is the day our country will finally reach it's full potential.

People throw around the word facism a lot these days. Antifa clearly doesn't understand what it is and apparently you don't either. There will always be people who disagree with the cause of a protest. If there weren't there wouldn't need to be a protest. There will also often be will often be people who disagree with the way a protest is carried out. People have different opinions on things. That's life.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Interesting point of view.. So if the flag is just a piece of cloth and doesn't really need to be rallied around for what it represents.. then why all of the outrage over the confederate stars and bars battle flag?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

For once and for all:

Facism: authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and control of industry and commerce, that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

I would suggest that Obama had more of these characteristics than the current occupant of the white house. His view of nationalism was to undermine the sovereignty of the US and push through a globalist world view. He used the power of government agencies to quiet the opposition (the IRS and now we are finding out he used the intelligence agencies as well). He picked winning and losing industries and threatened "deniers" of his climate change religion with punishment for having an opposing viewpoint (they committed thought crimes).

Seems like everyone has a right to free speech, until the left doesn't agree with the speech. Then it is shut down using violence.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Interesting point of view.. So if the flag is just a piece of cloth and doesn't really need to be rallied around for what it represents.. then why all of the outrage over the confederate stars and bars battle flag?
    Just a minor correction. The "Stars and Bars" is NOT the same as the "Battle Flag."

The Stars and Bars was the 1st National flag of the Confederacy:

It was too close to the look of the Union's Stars and Stripes and caused some confusion on the battlefield. So, the battle flag was designed, sporting St. Andrew's Cross:

Note it is a square and has a white border. That is the Confederate's army flag.

Now this one, is the "Navy Jack" that flew on Confederate ships and also in forts. It is rectangular and has no white border:

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    His view of nationalism was to undermine the sovereignty of the US and push through a globalist world view.
    This is the stupidest thing I have read, probably ever. What you have described is the opposite of nationalism - globalism. You even used the word and equated it with its opposite to try to support your argument that Obama was a fascist. Unbelievable. There has never even a better example of cognitive dissonance.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I didn't say the flag was a piece of cloth. Those that were protesting, at least originally, were protesting that our country (which the flag represents) was not keeping its promise of a more perfect union to certain communities.

The confederate flag represents oppression. As much as some folks want to make the NFL protests to be an attack on America it isn't. They aren't saying flags should be taken down (as they are with Confederacy-representing flags), but they are drawing attention to their lack of loyalty to a flag that has failed to be loyal to them.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't say the flag was a piece of cloth. Those that were protesting, at least originally, were protesting that our country (which the flag represents) was not keeping its promise of a more perfect union to certain communities.

The confederate flag represents oppression. As much as some folks want to make the NFL protests to be an attack on America it isn't. They aren't saying flags should be taken down (as they are with Confederacy-representing flags), but they are drawing attention to their lack of loyalty to a flag that has failed to be loyal to them.
    Not to everyone. It represents different things to different people.
    The protest is not an attack on America, but it is intentionally disrespectful to America. I would love to hear how that flag has failed to be loyal to them.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but it would have been much better for Kap to explain that taking a knee was his way of showing the country still has work to do and that he intends to work to make this country better and support equality for all people who face oppression within it. Instead he wore a Castro (with Malcom X, I looked it up) shirt and socks with pigs dressed as police. He also said he wouldn't show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people. The same country that allowed him and many others to become millionaires playing a game.

You like to point out that criticism of Trump's tweets are entirely of his own doing. And you are correct. Funny how you fail to see that the criticism of this protest is entirely of their own doing as well.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

This is the stupidest thing I have read, probably ever. What you have described is the opposite of nationalism - globalism. You even used the word and equated it with its opposite to try to support your argument that Obama was a fascist. Unbelievable. There has never even a better example of cognitive dissonance.
    I didn't expect you to understand a nuanced point because.....well, see all your previous posts.

I didn't expect you to understand a nuanced point because.....well, see all your previous posts.
    What you describe as "nuance" was ignorance.

What you describe as "nuance" was ignorance.
    Not on my part. And I knew your intellect would not allow you to see my point once you got hung up on the bold faced word at the back of the book. You view the world like a 4 year old learning to speak.

I would never accuse him of being nationalistic or even patriotic. This is why I said "his version", meaning what is different. He taught people to hate America so much that many still doubt his true citizenship.

One thing I do not see anywhere is an explanation of how Trump or his supporters are fascist. All the little lemmings run around saying it (you included..you brought it up), but there is nothing in that definition that applies to Trump. You can say he is nationalistic (pro America), but he is president of AMERICA. I understand for the left, having a president that is pro America is a bad thing. But, being nationalistic is not the key here. If he passed an executive order saying NFL players can not kneel, that is fascism. Saying it is unpatriotic and saying they should be fired without using power to have them fired is not. It is him using his first amendment right...just like you do.

The key (because you missed it entirely) was using the IRS to silence the Tea Party organizations. Using the intelligence agencies to spy on the opposition and leak information to the press. Using the justice department to attack and silence those that disagree with you on stuff like global warming. Selling arms to drug cartels in Mexico so that when someone got killed they could use the issue to attack gunowners (part of the bitter clingers). Those are the actions of a dictator who does not tolerate opposition to his vision.

If Trump does any of those, I will not support him.

You , on the other hand, are hopeless.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    He needs a spanking from his daddy which he might have seldom had at home!! Oh and he was fined by the NFL.
    They should have put him on a leash and tied him to the bench.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Not on my part. And I knew your intellect would not allow you to see my point once you got hung up on the bold faced word at the back of the book. You view the world like a 4 year old learning to speak.

I would never accuse him of being nationalistic or even patriotic. This is why I said "his version", meaning what is different. He taught people to hate America so much that many still doubt his true citizenship.

One thing I do not see anywhere is an explanation of how Trump or his supporters are fascist. All the little lemmings run around saying it (you included..you brought it up), but there is nothing in that definition that applies to Trump. You can say he is nationalistic (pro America), but he is president of AMERICA. I understand for the left, having a president that is pro America is a bad thing. But, being nationalistic is not the key here. If he passed an executive order saying NFL players can not kneel, that is fascism. Saying it is unpatriotic and saying they should be fired without using power to have them fired is not. It is him using his first amendment right...just like you do.

The key (because you missed it entirely) was using the IRS to silence the Tea Party organizations. Using the intelligence agencies to spy on the opposition and leak information to the press. Using the justice department to attack and silence those that disagree with you on stuff like global warming. Selling arms to drug cartels in Mexico so that when someone got killed they could use the issue to attack gunowners (part of the bitter clingers). Those are the actions of a dictator who does not tolerate opposition to his vision.

If Trump does any of those, I will not support him.

You , on the other hand, are hopeless.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...mula-for-that/

That's pretty funny.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

26 out of 44 Benitos, so the writer declares Trump is not a facist. Actually, I scored each of those categories and got 18 total for Trump. So, the writer is still too high.

Mussolini proudly wore the facist label. He proclaimed himself to be a facist, and reveled that he had turned Italy into a facist state. Albeit for a short time period. On the other hand, Mussolini referred to Nazi Germany, and his good pal, Adolf, as National Socialist. That is an accurate assessment.

obummer and his ilk technically are not National Socialists. They are socialists (on a short path to communists) but they are not "nationalists." Instead they are Global Socialists. They seek to destroy national boundaries/borders in favor of the one-world system. Hitler sought to dominate the world, as a super power, for the benefit of Germany (and to a lesser extent any allies, although, they would have been advised to keep a close eye on that rascal). They are equally bad and need to be destroyed.

+ Reply to Thread