+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Tech must cancel Grambling game

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech must cancel Grambling game

Houston, Tulane, Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Dallas Baptist, etc.

Puppy Bulldogs110 seems to have something between the earsBulldogs110 seems to have something between the earsBulldogs110 seems to have something between the earsBulldogs110 seems to have something between the earsBulldogs110 seems to have something between the earsBulldogs110 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Bump.

Unfortunately, this is where I say "I told you so" for the second year in a row.

Had we replaced the Grambling rainout with a win over Arkansas or someone similar, we'd be sitting #51-53 in the RPI right now with a decent chance at an NCAA at-large berth.

When God gives you a gift, you take it! Gotta schedule smarter.
    Wow, I have no idea why the administration hasn’t hired you as an NCAA Tournament strategist.

I mean, that is some groundbreaking research right there. I would have never guessed replacing a game against a SWAC school with a win on the road over a top 5 team in the nation would help our resume.

Based on your previous post, I’ve got a theory. Let’s replace our 2/3 series win against SIU-E with a sweep on the road of Florida. I think that would help the resume as well, can you confirm?

Honestly “coach insanity” doesn’t even want to go to the NCAA Tournament. Me and Dawg 06 just wrote the formula for how to get there but we’ll be ignored.

I mean, these teams are sitting by their phones just waiting for Louisiana Tech to call and schedule a midweek game on two weeks notice. All we have to is pick up the phone, it’s literally that is easy. There is nothing else that goes into scheduling opponents. Nothing at all. Just a quick phone call

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs110 View Post
    Wow, I have no idea why the administration hasn’t hired you as an NCAA Tournament strategist.

I mean, that is some groundbreaking research right there. I would have never guessed replacing a game against a SWAC school with a win on the road over a top 5 team in the nation would help our resume.

Based on your previous post, I’ve got a theory. Let’s replace our 2/3 series win against SIU-E with a sweep on the road of Florida. I think that would help the resume as well, can you confirm?

Honestly “coach insanity” doesn’t even want to go to the NCAA Tournament. Me and Dawg 06 just wrote the formula for how to get there but we’ll be ignored.

I mean, these teams are sitting by their phones just waiting for Louisiana Tech to call and schedule a midweek game on two weeks notice. All we have to is pick up the phone, it’s literally that is easy. There is nothing else that goes into scheduling opponents. Nothing at all. Just a quick phone call
    lmao - that is why our AD only gets paid $200K+ a year.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I have no idea why the administration hasn’t hired you as an NCAA Tournament strategist.I mean, that is some groundbreaking research right there. I would have never guessed replacing a game against a SWAC school with a win on the road over a top 5 team in the nation would help our resume. Based on your previous post, I’ve got a theory. Let’s replace our 2/3 series win against SIU-E with a sweep on the road of Florida. I think that would help the resume as well, can you confirm?Honestly “coach insanity” doesn’t even want to go to the NCAA Tournament. Me and Dawg 06 just wrote the formula for how to get there but we’ll be ignored.I mean, these teams are sitting by their phones just waiting for Louisiana Tech to call and schedule a midweek game on two weeks notice. All we have to is pick up the phone, it’s literally that is easy. There is nothing else that goes into scheduling opponents. Nothing at all. Just a quick phone call
    Interesting for a first post. Are you a member of the coaching staff? A player? The parent of a player? A girlfriend? An employee within Tech's athletic department?

The bottom line is that Dawg06 is correct. In the past, teams have made this adjustment. Devoting a small amount in resources and picking up the phone to make it happen would have been better than the alternative.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I hate to say it, a member of this board would have been better in that aspect than our coaching staff, which has put together the schedule over the past 2 seasons.

How do I know that? Because our head coach has admitted on both his weekly radio show and on a post game show in the past that he's not that familiar with nuances of scheduling for RPI success. I take him at his word.

Puppy Bulldogs110 seems to have something between the earsBulldogs110 seems to have something between the earsBulldogs110 seems to have something between the earsBulldogs110 seems to have something between the earsBulldogs110 seems to have something between the earsBulldogs110 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Interesting for a first post. Are you a member of the coaching staff? A player? The parent of a player? A girlfriend? An employee within Tech's athletic department?

The bottom line is that Dawg06 is correct. In the past, teams have made this adjustment. Devoting a small amount in resources and picking up the phone to make it happen would have been better than the alternative.
    He’s right? He posted something that was incredibly obvious but at the same time not even remotely plausible at that point in the season.

No I’m not a player, parent or staff

For the past few years I’ve watch “fans” on this board play armchair coach / arm chair AD and trash players, coaches and staff while most of the time these posters literally have no idea what they are talking about. It’s way past time people on this board are called out for idiocy while trashing people and players that work their tails off daily to better this university. Most of these posters aren’t nearly as smart as they think they are.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We could not control the games we had ALREADY lost.
    Yes we could. We could have NOT LOST THEM! Would dropping Grambling and paying another opponent have made us:
    1. swing a level bat at pitches instead of trying to "lift" them over the fence?
    2. hit pitches more effectively with runners in scoring position?
    3. run bases more intelligently?
    4 relieve starting pitchers earlier instead of waiting for them to get gassed and unable to hit the strike zone after 80-100+ pitches?

Answer: No. It would have been just another loss due to the same bad habits that never got corrected.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

For the past few years I’ve watch “fans” on this board play armchair coach / arm chair AD and trash players, coaches and staff while most of the time these posters literally have no idea what they are talking about

Actually, several on this board do know what they are talking about.

It does not take a rocket scientist to understand our scheduling (for all sports) pretty much sucks.

And avoid playIng SWAC teams for baseball is AD 100 level material...same for basketball.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Yes we could. We could have NOT LOST THEM! Would dropping Grambling and paying another opponent have made us:
    1. swing a level bat at pitches instead of trying to "lift" them over the fence?
    2. hit pitches more effectively with runners in scoring position?
    3. run bases more intelligently?
    4 relieve starting pitchers earlier instead of waiting for them to get gassed and unable to hit the strike zone after 80-100+ pitches?

Answer: No. It would have been just another loss due to the same bad habits that never got corrected.
    We shouldnt be playing Grambling anyway but you are also 100% correct

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

He’s right? He posted something that was incredibly obvious but at the same time not even remotely plausible at that point in the season.

No I’m not a player, parent or staff

For the past few years I’ve watch “fans” on this board play armchair coach / arm chair AD and trash players, coaches and staff while most of the time these posters literally have no idea what they are talking about. It’s way past time people on this board are called out for idiocy while trashing people and players that work their tails off daily to better this university. Most of these posters aren’t nearly as smart as they think they are.
    You must not visit many fan boards. This board is tame compared to other boards.

And Dawg06 probably has more knowledge about RPI than most of our administration as witnessed by our continued horrible scheduling in MBB and Baseball. Two wins over Grambling look good for the record but kill any postseason chance that you might have. It's like the Little League team that loads up on superstar players so they beat all the other little league teams. They have a good record, but in the end, they aren't all that good because there was no competition.

You want to play up, not down. Yes, that means taking losses in Florida or Miss State or A&M. You learn more about your team through those experiences than beating a cupcake team.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you think Tech should still be in the Southland then there may be an administrative position available. It's getting harder to hire people who actually want to play below our own level.

Actually it was plausible. Scheduling changes late in the season in Division 1 baseball don't happen like they did in the 80s or 90s, but they still happen. Leaving mid-week open for many schools late in the season was a tradition born out of make-ups/scheduling changes that were more common in a past era.

The year escapes me, but in the late 80s or 90s Tech actually scheduled a multi-game series against LSU late in the season for RPI purposes.

I hate to break it to you, but this board is "Romper Room" compared to almost all others at the FBS level. This is a very gentile group.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    This is a very gentile group.
    Oh, I'm sure we have at least of couple or three Jewish posters.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Oh, I'm sure we have at least of couple or three Jewish posters.
    ...and Mormons.

+ Reply to Thread