+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Immigration

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    How do some of you justify the difference in your opinion of stopping immigration for the sake of economics or safety VS. your religious views? This seems to be at odds, but I hear a lot of complaining with other issues are at odds with a law or policy.

Sure, we can't afford to take care of the whole world, but how do you justify sending children back to horrible, dangerous, and in-humane conditions? It isn't Christian - we all know that.
    I don't have a problem with the children escaping persecution. The problem I have is that it is compounding the problem of illegals entering from Mexico. If we could stop that, we could afford to help out the children. I think we need a better system to help these children out too. Trecking through Mexico at the arms of drug lords cannot be safe. Maybe we should go train some police forces so they can take their country back from criminals and the children can be safe in their countries?

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

How do some of you justify the difference in your opinion of stopping immigration for the sake of economics or safety VS. your religious views? This seems to be at odds, but I hear a lot of complaining with other issues are at odds with a law or policy.

Sure, we can't afford to take care of the whole world, but how do you justify sending children back to horrible, dangerous, and in-humane conditions? It isn't Christian - we all know that.
    I know this is a position that isn't popular, but I would bring those on Mt. Sinjar fleeing ISIS to the United States. I guess that is the compassionate conservatism in me coming out. :icon_wink:

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have a better idea. Let's make it safe for those people on Mt. Sinjar to return to their homes and live in peace. Only way to do that is a 100% extermination of those cockroaches parading around as a pseudo army. It is nothing but a butchering, murdering mob.

Problem is....no way can we exterminate anyone, even murdering thugs. The libtards will come out and call for a cessation of military operations once the imminent danger of ISIS has passed. I say nope to that. Keep killing them. Hunt them down and slaughter them without mercy. You don't negotiate with cockroaches. You exterminate them. Period.

But, that's just my opinion.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I have a better idea. Let's make it safe for those people on Mt. Sinjar to return to their homes and live in peace. Only way to do that is a 100% extermination of those cockroaches parading around as a pseudo army. It is nothing but a butchering, murdering mob.

Problem is....no way can we exterminate anyone, even murdering thugs. The libtards will come out and call for a cessation of military operations once the imminent danger of ISIS has passed. I say nope to that. Keep killing them. Hunt them down and slaughter them without mercy. You don't negotiate with cockroaches. You exterminate them. Period.

AMEN!! Here is some more of Obama and the libs lawless and backwards thinking.

AZ Sheriff: ICE tells us to release illegals, 'treat them as any other citizen'...

Feds Buy Border Fence -- for Ukraine...

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

How do you justify treating people the "Christian way" when fully in support of an anti-religious party? It is absurd for you to question anyone's religious convictions when that is a basic tenet of your political identity. I value your opinion most times, but in matters of religion it is difficult to accept anything you say since you support a party that views religion as an enemy that needs to be wiped out.

Would you support colonialism? Assuming those conditions exist, fix those countries, not open ours. Regardless of scale, those same conditions are here, too. And they will be relegated to it here. Making their lives 10% better at the cost of billions and other resources to our own is not a good trade. We have justification to usurp any and every government that is allowing and/or purposely sending these children and others to us.

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I don't have a problem with the children escaping persecution. The problem I have is that it is compounding the problem of illegals entering from Mexico. If we could stop that, we could afford to help out the children. I think we need a better system to help these children out too. Trecking through Mexico at the arms of drug lords cannot be safe. Maybe we should go train some police forces so they can take their country back from criminals and the children can be safe in their countries?
    No one coming from central and south America is escaping persecution, it is more about envy (to be cynical about it). They are escaping not having clean water, safe housing, an abundance of food, internet, iPhones, DishTV, and everything else we have they don't. But of course, we don't have all of that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    I know this is a position that isn't popular, but I would bring those on Mt. Sinjar fleeing ISIS to the United States. I guess that is the compassionate conservatism in me coming out. :icon_wink:
    I wouldn't necessarily disagree with this. I just don't see where to put them. You can't just drop 30,000 people into one spot, even decommissioned military bases or Detroit. And then it comes with how do you justify giving them so much support when we screw over our own citizens? It all comes around to the same arguments we're having about illegal immigration. Difference being that those on Mt. Sinjar would be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

An opinion that should be matter of course by now. But like you said, that problem. I wonder how they expect to survive the next war? Not sure they can survive without their espressos.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    How do you justify treating people the "Christian way" when fully in support of an anti-religious party? It is absurd for you to question anyone's religious convictions when that is a basic tenet of your political identity. I value your opinion most times, but in matters of religion it is difficult to accept anything you say since you support a party that views religion as an enemy that needs to be wiped out.

Would you support colonialism? Assuming those conditions exist, fix those countries, not open ours. Regardless of scale, those same conditions are here, too. And they will be relegated to it here. Making their lives 10% better at the cost of billions and other resources to our own is not a good trade. We have justification to usurp any and every government that is allowing and/or purposely sending these children and others to us.

No one coming from central and south America is escaping persecution, it is more about envy (to be cynical about it). They are escaping not having clean water, safe housing, an abundance of food, internet, iPhones, DishTV, and everything else we have they don't. But of course, we don't have all of that either.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with this. I just don't see where to put them. You can't just drop 30,000 people into one spot, even decommissioned military bases or Detroit. And then it comes with how do you justify giving them so much support when we screw over our own citizens? It all comes around to the same arguments we're having about illegal immigration. Difference being that those on Mt. Sinjar would be legal.

An opinion that should be matter of course by now. But like you said, that problem. I wonder how they expect to survive the next war? Not sure they can survive without their espressos.

I am what many of you consider liberal on here (even though you would be surprised at a few of my conservative beliefs). I don't have a problem going in and making it safe for the return of people to their countries.

I am not an enemy of religion, either. I just believe that everyone has a right to their own belief system. There is a HUGE difference.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

I am what many of you consider liberal on here (even though you would be surprised at a few of my conservative beliefs). I don't have a problem going in and making it safe for the return of people to their countries.

I am not an enemy of religion, either. I just believe that everyone has a right to their own belief system. There is a HUGE difference.
    How American of you! Your view is not anti-religion; it's pro-first amendment.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

My whole point of what I posted on this thread is that if there isn't a place in your heart for children and helping think of way to help them, we have a huge problem in our country. If you are Christian (and of most any other religion), I can't find any mention of the United States in any of the Bible or other religious texts used by others. I do find in most every religious body and text something about loving all children.

The question was how do some people put nationalism above their religion? We were born in a certain country by chance. What about those that were born in countries that have horrible conditions and are abused/neglected/or worse?

I will repeat that I don't have all the answers, because apparently we don't have the ability (or will) to help many of our own country's children that need it, but where are we with our religion if we don't try to help all children? It seems that the Bible is used selectively.

Personally, Christian or not (and I am), I can't look at any child from anywhere in the world and not love them and have empathy for them. All children are beautiful and precious beings needing protection - no matter where they happen to be born.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Where is this idea that we hate children coming from? It's like the EPA... just because we disagree with a lot of their agenda, that does not mean we hate clean air and water. Or Planned Parenthood... it doesn't mean we want women to get breast cancer. Should America just not have immigration laws at all? What is the purpose of an immigration law? Do other countries have immigration laws? Would they take our little children who are starving in New Orleans or being killed by the gangs of L.A.?

Where is this idea that we hate children coming from? It's like the EPA... just because we disagree with a lot of their agenda, that does not mean we hate clean air and water. Or Planned Parenthood... it doesn't mean we want women to get breast cancer. Should America just not have immigration laws at all? What is the purpose of an immigration law? Do other countries have immigration laws? Would they take our little children who are starving in New Orleans or being killed by the gangs of L.A.?
    More about helping them, as opposed to not helping. As for other countries, should that be our example? OR, should we be setting an example?

The biggest difference between liberals and conservatives, imo... is that liberals think with their hearts and conservatives think with their heads. Tugging heart strings gets a lot of votes, but it also gets you bankrupt. There should be ways to help them without bringing them to the country and likely adding more heads to our welfare system. Send some SEALS down there to straighten out the drug lords. Those kids do not want to leave their home and their families.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest difference between liberals and conservatives, imo... is that liberals think with their hearts and conservatives think with their heads. Tugging heart strings gets a lot of votes, but it also gets you bankrupt. There should be ways to help them without bringing them to the country and likely adding more heads to our welfare system. Send some SEALS down there to straighten out the drug lords. Those kids do not want to leave their home and their families.
    Exactly! Besides, it's the thugs, criminals and foreign element coming in here in droves that is the issue. Not the little children being forced to cross. It's also that the marxist idiot Obama/Hillary and Kerry knew about them headed this way ago and wanted them here for their votes and power. It's all a BS big Red Herring the Dems have created saying it's for the children. Much like the Democrats terrible treatment of the blacks in this country. They want them to "look over here" putting them in a evil trance, while all the time really screwing them over in the other direction at the real problem And it's disgusting!

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

The biggest difference between liberals and conservatives, imo... is that liberals think with their hearts and conservatives think with their heads. Tugging heart strings gets a lot of votes, but it also gets you bankrupt.
    Hilarious! What's "W"s excuse for turning a budget surplus into a deficit and bankrupting the country?

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Hilarious! What's "W"s excuse for turning a budget surplus into a deficit and bankrupting the country?
    He's not conservative. Progressive Republican.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

He's not conservative. Progressive Republican.
    Not according to him.

+ Reply to Thread