+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Guice, Holtz and the former AD guided Tech to irrelevance?

Puppy don63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Has Guice, Holtz and the former AD guided Tech to irrelevance?

There has been contact between C-USA and McNeese State from the Southland Conference and Sam Houston of the WAC, sources told CBS Sports. Like James Madison, those are FCS schools that would require an NCAA-mandated multi-year transition process to FBS.

This is horrific.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by don63 View Post
    There has been contact between C-USA and McNeese State from the Southland Conference and Sam Houston of the WAC, sources told CBS Sports. Like James Madison, those are FCS schools that would require an NCAA-mandated multi-year transition process to FBS.

This is horrific.
    Separation!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I'm not sure there is much value in the SBC either way. The AAC was the last boat out and even they are barely above the waterline.
    The value was time...that time is now gone.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

No matter what happens…

This is Guice’s legacy at Louisiana Tech.

This is what he should and will be remembered for.

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    No matter what happens…

This is a 30 year legacy.

Laughette GEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    So, are we to assume no one from our new admin called the Sunbelt office? Or do we assume the Sunbelt ignored our new leadership which includes none of the old leadership because of the old leadership? I am not sure Sunbelt would have us if we called anyway. It doesn’t help them to have 3 teams in Louisiana no matter how much every member of the Belt loves to hate Tech.
    No, they absolutely called. But the SBC only wanted one school from the West. And that choice was very, very easy for them when you know that 2 years ago USM’s AD was having cordial discussions with the SBC while La Tech’s AD was publicly belittling the SBC.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GEAUX UL View Post
    No, they absolutely called. But the SBC only wanted one school from the West. And that choice was very, very easy for them when you know that 2 years ago USM’s AD was having cordial discussions with the SBC while La Tech’s AD was publicly belittling the SBC.
    Why are you here?

Puppy CajunBird Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunBird Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunBird Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunBird Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunBird Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunBird Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunBird Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunBird Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunBird Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunBird Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunBird Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    So, are we to assume no one from our new admin called the Sunbelt office? Or do we assume the Sunbelt ignored our new leadership which includes none of the old leadership because of the old leadership? I am not sure Sunbelt would have us if we called anyway. It doesn’t help them to have 3 teams in Louisiana no matter how much every member of the Belt loves to hate Tech.
    I don't believe either party reached out to the other. I do know that about half of CUSA reached out even before the AAC made their decisions. Some of the schools that reached out to the SBC accepted invites to the AAC.

Now, I'm pretty certain Tech has reached out in the last couple of days. And, rumor (I hate rumors) are they are making a late push, trying to replace James Madison on the SBC wish list.

James Madison, as an FCS call up, has hoops to jump through, including the state of Virginia. If there is a snag there and the Dukes can't make the move, I wouldn't totally rule Tech out, especially if the MAC rumors about MT and WKU have any legs.

But it is a long shot, at best.

Laughette GEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Why are you here?
    Because I want to be. Why are you here?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GEAUX UL View Post
    Because I want to be. Why are you here?
    I'm a Tech alum & fan.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    This is a 30 year legacy.
    Yes goes back to Reneau and TMac.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Why are you here?
    Just ignore the trolls. They been envious of us for almost 125 years and will be again someday soon enough.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    No matter what happens…

Nah, if you want to blame our relationship trajectory with the Sunbelt, it goes farther than that.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    You do have the right to be mad at "those people" if they have used influence to get the rules changed in the middle of the game.

But even that wouldn't excuse athletic department staff from actually changing the rules.
    I don't know what the dispute is, but last time I was at the field, all seats were good. Why are "newcomers" making demands? Did Tech start over with new stadium?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    So Dr Wood said: We never applied to the AAC because he (Dr Wood) knew they were going for major metro markets. I don't know if that was a conversation he had with Aresco or what, but he also said that schools don't "apply" for an opening per se, they're invited (I thought schools applied for openings similarly to the way you'd apply for an opening at a business. Apparently that's not how it goes). And that as of TODAY, there are 8 remaining schools in CUSA and they are all working together, but at the end of the day, every school, including Louisiana Tech has to do what is best for them.

That last comment was a little cryptic, but i was reading that to say, it's not over, and we may have some additional defectors...

At this point, I personally think we need to be joined at the hip with USM...wherever they go, I want to be. Wins/losses do NOT matter in this game. They are us, we are them...
    I agree about USM and would think we had each others back.

+ Reply to Thread