+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Scott to Join Eagles?

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Re: Scott to Join Eagles?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The greater point is Holtz has not had to toil with a lack of talent. HE, yes HE, has underachieved as head coach. That's the truth.

Note: I purposely used the term "underachieved." I am not saying he has not done some "good" things, or that he is not a "good" coach. I am saying he has not achieved as much as should have, given the wealth of talent he's had, and given the solid tradition of Tech Football.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

And Houston Bates, and others....whose names escape me at the moment....were good enough to be invited to an NFL camp. Not drafted, but obviously good enough to catch the eye of NFL scouts.

The greater point is Holtz has not had to toil with a lack of talent. HE, yes HE, has underachieved as head coach. That's the truth.

Note: I purposely used the term "underachieved." I am not saying he has not done some "good" things, or that he is not a "good" coach. I am saying he has not achieved as much as should have, given the wealth of talent he's had, and given the solid tradition of Tech Football.
    And given the fact that he’s playing in the worst conference in football! 8 wins SHOULD BE considered a down year.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I was really surprised to not see this at the top of the forum this morning. I turned on the Philly game yesterday to see Boston Scott back to receive the opening kick. Even though he did not get to return that kick he did get a return later in the game. WTG Boston, so proud of this Bulldog. Next week I'll be cheering on the Saints and one player for Philly, Boston Scott.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I think I can say...speaking on behalf of ALL BB&Bers...we are all very proud of Boston Scott and wish him well. We hope he has a nice, long career in the NFL, makes a lot of money, and goes on to have a great life. But, we support all former Dawgs in the NFL the same. We would have a lot of threads/posts if we posted every time a former Dawg appeared in an NFL game! This weekend we also had X and KD.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I think I can say...speaking on behalf of ALL BB&Bers...we are all very proud of Boston Scott and wish him well. We hope he has a nice, long career in the NFL, makes a lot of money, and goes on to have a great life. But, we support all former Dawgs in the NFL the same. We would have a lot of threads/posts if we posted every time a former Dawg appeared in an NFL game! This weekend we also had X and KD.
    I agree we should support all former Dawgs, but you have to admit that Boston's story to the NFL is the most endearing, sans Tramon's.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I thought it was a bit more noteworthy since it was his debut.

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I thought it was a bit more noteworthy since it was his debut.
    Not his debut. He returned kicks in Philly's game against Houston a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPieBlue View Post
    Not his debut. He returned kicks in Philly's game against Houston a couple of weeks ago.
    My bad, forget I mentioned it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    My bad, forget I mentioned it.
    Asking BBB to forget something you said is kind of like “the jury will disregard.” Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Asking BBB to forget something you said is kind of like “the jury will disregard.” Ha!
    Yeah thanks for reminding me why I took such a long hiatus.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I remember when Slaudawg declared that he was done with Tech and becoming a chigger fan.

I remember when DirtyDawg and VetteWrecker used to flirt online.

I remember when Cool Hand Clyde said laid off workers filing unemployment claims should be shot.

I remember each of the three times I personally met HogDawg.

I remember how many of those times I liked him.

I remember when Aubunique and DONW started the "Give the ball to Joe" chant.

I remember when Reddawg started the "Help Jack Pack" chant.

I remember the first instance of "We Are. Bulldogs."

I remember when FanInLa bragged openly that he had personally nixed the deal that would have put Tech in the Indy Bowl.

I remember when dawg80 bragged openly that he had personally nixed the deal that would have allowed Tech to subsume LSU-S.

I remember when maddawg changed his user name.

I remember when larhob hosted the original BBB tailgate.

I remember when a 16yo Dixonfor6 was well and thoroughly friendzoned by his saucy redhead bff.

I remember when we had outstanding smack talkers like MizterT and SuperPurpleCat come visit.

I remember when LRDog heard a recent Tech grad was now working in his department and came downstairs to introduce himself and ask if I'd heard of a certain message board for Tech fans.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I got more, but I'll stop there ...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I got more, but I'll stop there ...
    I remember when my friend with the screwed up political views, who I somehow admire, beat cancer and lived to be a good sport about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I remember when my friend with the screwed up political views, who I somehow admire, beat cancer and lived to be a good sport about it.
    Yeah, that's a good story. But only when I tell it …

By the way kids -- if one of your manly bits ever swells to the size of your fist and hurts all the time, see a doctor.

He's gonna cut it off, but see the doctor anyway.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

As long as he loses this Sunday......

+ Reply to Thread