+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Puppy vlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the rough

Re: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Link please...

No argument from me about what y'all bring to the table - I've been hollering for this game for about 10 years now

Even if the guarantee is $180k to $200k, I still think it is a good business on our end
    The number is higher lol. jaguar Journal comes on Thursday nights 6-8pm 104.5 espn BR , you can catch it on the tunein app on your phone. Also the AD was on The Carlos Brown Show also, 910 am BR 10-12 am Saturday.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vlw View Post
    The number is higher lol. jaguar Journal comes on Thursday nights 6-8pm 104.5 espn BR , you can catch it on the tunein app on your phone. Also the AD was on The Carlos Brown Show also, 910 am BR 10-12 am Saturday.
    Come on, man. Just spit it out.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Puppy vlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the roughvlw is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Lot cheaper trip from BR to Ruston via bus than it is from BR to Orlando via air/bus -

My guess is in the ballpark of $170k-180k in cash and 2k in tickets for a total package approaching $250k
    Espn paid the expenses for the Challange , we flew last time we went, Team, Band, and cheerleaders. It's higher than the last number you posted BTW lol. SU sold out of its allotment of tickets from ULL in a hour. SU will sale every ticket Tech sends us, so it will be well worth what you guys are paying us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Come on, man. Just spit it out.
    It's above $300,000 and below $400,000.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Well, I hope like hell we didn't pay TOO MUCH. At the end of the day, you're still an FCS school, and THERE IS a point of diminishing returns. When it comes to FCS schools, nobody cares whether you beat Southern Univ or Central Arkansas or Lamar. Come to think of it, I don't know why we don't just play Grambling in Ruston. That would probably sell out too.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Point of diminishing returns is correct. I would much rather play Grambling State and not have to listen to the whole "Self Important Drivel" that this Southern fan continues to post. I hope they come and pack the stadium but don't tell me how important Southern Football is.

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Point of diminishing returns is correct. I would much rather play Grambling State and not have to listen to the whole "Self Important Drivel" that this Southern fan continues to post. I hope they come and pack the stadium but don't tell me how important Southern Football is.
    Didnt mean to offend anyone, but we take SU football seriously. Very seriously. Folks travel all over the country to SUpport us.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Well, I hope like hell we didn't pay TOO MUCH. At the end of the day, you're still an FCS school, and THERE IS a point of diminishing returns. When it comes to FCS schools, nobody cares whether you beat Southern Univ or Central Arkansas or Lamar. Come to think of it, I don't know why we don't just play Grambling in Ruston. That would probably sell out too.
    That's as true now as it was back in 2010. Playing that game in the I-bowl was a ridiculous idea.

Since the world we live in surrounding college football all but demands we schedule an FCS team to get a 6th home game, this is as good a decision as I can think of. It'll be fun for all involved.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Espn paid the expenses for the Challange , we flew last time we went, Team, Band, and cheerleaders. It's higher than the last number you posted BTW lol. SU sold out of its allotment of tickets from ULL in a hour. SU will sale every ticket Tech sends us, so it will be well worth what you guys are paying us.
    You and Dwayne are going to communicate quite well together between now and the opening game.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

LaTech Re: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

[QUOTE=Brad;1494556][QUOTE=inudesu;1494332]When we're getting left out of access bowls, that'll be the time to start worrying about our scheduling. I think we're ok for the moment.

Seriously!?!? ... I can't believe I just read that. This is like saying "We will put sprinklers in the building after it has already burned down."

Do you not understand that during two of the past three years, we had teams that were in the conversation for the access/BCS bowls? We are not as far off as you think. We were only nine points from having a strong shot of being there in 2014. While I don't think it is likely, I do know there is a chance we could be the one to get the access bowl bid this year if things break our way. Having a SWAC team on the schedule will kill our strength of schedule. What hurt Marshall this year? Their out of conference schedule. Had they played and beat anyone with a pulse in OOC, the could have overcome the WKU loss.

I can see the arguments for a good gate with Southern and Grambling, but this is lazy scheduling and the gate argument does not outweigh everything else. With the opening of the long-awaited facility, you would think the University would have signed a big name for the grand opening. Playing Southern has no TV appeal. CUSA would have loved to see one of its top programs open the season with a decent opponent at home while showcasing a state-of-the-art facility on national TV. Instead, we have a game that no one outside of Louisiana will care about or see. Small-time thinking produces small-time results.

While there are some things that I like about our AD, I often wonder if he believes Tech should distance itself from the NSUs, ulms, ulls and McNeeses of Louisiana. It seems we are in a Southland-mode of thinking when it comes to scheduling.

I remember how we were all longing for the days that we would be in a good regional conference so we wouldn't need to play ull, NSU or Southern. Isn't it ironic that we are now in a regional conference and we are loading up our non-conference schedules with ull, NSU and Southern?

PS: For the record, I strongly believe that no FBS team should play FCS teams.
    Our schedule is already light years ahead of Marshalls. Where they were playing MAC teams we are playing K-State and Mississippi St. The vast majority of schools play FCS teams. I guarantee if we don't make it to an access bowl it won't be because of our schedule.

And we wanted to be in a good regional conference because of Increased Revenue, More Bowl Tie Ins, More TV Exposure, A Chance At Building Rivalries (Ex. Southern Miss) all while having lower travel costs. Not playing FCS teams anymore had nothing to do with that. They have nothing to do with each other. Hell every team in the SEC does it and they are in the ultimate regional conference.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

SU has double the fans NSU has lol. I know the amount we are getting paid, our AD said it on Jaguar Journal. SU commands that amount. You get a guaranteed sell out plus the #2 rated band in the country behind Ohio State.
    Thanks, but we can see the Grambling band anytime.

(Though I guess it's nice that they agreed to play at yalls game.)

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't offende anyone. Just frustrated with the non answer. If its public knowledge please do tell.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Where are the final band rankings?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Where are the final band rankings?
    Uranus.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Gram's band is no where near the level of SU's band. That's really a insult, because they are horrible.

+ Reply to Thread