+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/6: UAB Game

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 10/6: UAB Game

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    Tell them to go do it in Holtz's hopefully empty office.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

J’Mar was smiling after one-hopping WR on a curl/comeback. WRs are getting frustrated at balls being thrown behind them and/or simply uncatchable. This team has quit on J’Mar and it’s obvious to anyone watching.

Years after being fired as the Saints HC, Jim Haslett admitted in an interview that he should have pulled Aaron Brooks for the backup (Jake Delhomme) bc he didn’t know he was that good. Mentioned how he later QB’d Carolina to the Super Bowl.
    Point being, you can’t say it doesn’t matter who is back there if you don’t give someone else a shot. It’s past time to bench him.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

How many qb’s have transferred because they know skip isn’t going to bench J’Mar? 2 or so right?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    WRs are getting frustrated at balls being thrown behind them and/or simply uncatchable
    Hardy was not hiding his frustration at all after many of Smith's passes.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    UAB is the better team, and would beat us 10/10 times.

Now, those of you saying so, tell me again how we're gonna beat Moo State. I like to hear that one.

I said in August 7-5 was the absolute best we would do. Obviously, reaching 7 wins with this bunch would be quite an accomplishment. I suppose it's still possible to beat UTEP, Rice, UTSA and WKU. They all suck! But South Alabama really, really sucks and we just about blew that one.

The ONE THING that is clear, J'Mar Smith is done as QB. The rest of the team has quit on him because they are tired of his bullshit. He sucks. A change of QB would give us a fightin' chance to get to 7 wins. But alas...
    In the parking lot there was a family of four getting in their car and the dad said, “we’ll be back when anybody but J’Mar is playing quarterback.” Then the mom added, “or Skip Holtz is gone, whichever happens first.” And the teenage daughter said, “I can’t believe we sat in the rain to watch that train wreck.” It was sad to hear.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I feel the same way. 4 hour drive, if I’m lucky getting out of Dallas, after a week of work, the money, the anger, frustration, depression, and sadness of watching an offense that 10 years olds are calling the play before it happens and then driving back to Dallas. It’s hard to pull the trigger now and kill a weekend.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

In my book, this goes down as one of the worst losses during my fandom. I don't even know where to start.

I'm not a football expert by any means, but what is the reason we don't throw a challenge flag on that one catch that the receiver fell out of bounds on? It's at least worth a chance to keep the drive alive.

When the game was beyond out of reach, why is one of the back up qb's not in the game?

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Crap, should I even bother going to the Alamodome next weekend? I live in San Antonio, but maybe there are better things to do, like go to a hockey game...

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    In my book, this goes down as one of the worst losses during my fandom. I don't even know where to start.

I'm not a football expert by any means, but what is the reason we don't throw a challenge flag on that one catch that the receiver fell out of bounds on? It's at least worth a chance to keep the drive alive.

When the game was beyond out of reach, why is one of the back up qb's not in the game?
    There’s no rhyme or reason to anything that Holtz does or doesn’t do.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I feel the same way. 4 hour drive, if I’m lucky getting out of Dallas, after a week of work, the money, the anger, frustration, depression, and sadness of watching an offense that 10 years olds are calling the play before it happens and then driving back to Dallas. It’s hard to pull the trigger now and kill a weekend.
    Totally understand. I told my wife tonight that I have spent my last dime on Tech football as long as Holtz and TMac are here. I’m done.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    In the parking lot there was a family of four getting in their car and the dad said, “we’ll be back when anybody but J’Mar is playing quarterback.” Then the mom added, “or Skip Holtz is gone, whichever happens first.” And the teenage daughter said, “I can’t believe we sat in the rain to watch that train wreck.” It was sad to hear.
    Really sad that a mom and her teenage daughter realize the problems a football team has and the veteran head coach doesn't have a clue.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Gotta say this again, have to give UAB credit. Their Front 7 was tougher than LSU's. Not saying they are overall better...although, why not? Who's to say they can't be? Anyway, when it mattered to us, UAB's Front 7 was waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than LSU's.

I don't know why their QB, Erdling (sp ?) couldn't throw the ball to his short receivers, but it's a good thing he had an off night, else the final would have been 42-7 or worse.

Our defense played well until they wore out in the 4th qtr, and they just finally said, What the hell! Forget this mess!

There is nothing anyone can say about our QB. He is no Division I QB. He might do okay in the SWAC, but even there the rest of his offense would also be SWACers, so he might still struggle. Can he really play baseball? No, seriously. I would like to see Tech have a good baseball team, if he can help us there...

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Gotta say this again, have to give UAB credit. Their Front 7 was tougher than LSU's. Not saying they are overall better...although, why not? Who's to say they can't be? Anyway, when it mattered to us, UAB's Front 7 was waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than LSU's.

I don't know why their QB, Erdling (sp ?) couldn't throw the ball to his short receivers, but it's a good thing he had an off night, else the final would have been 42-7 or worse.

Our defense played well until they wore out in the 4th qtr, and they just finally said, What the hell! Forget this mess!

There is nothing anyone can say about our QB. He is no Division I QB. He might do okay in the SWAC, but even there the rest of his offense would also be SWACers, so he might still struggle. Can he really play baseball? No, seriously. I would like to see Tech have a good baseball team, [AND A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM], if he can help us there [IN BASEBALL IT WOULD BE BETTER IF HE WOULD PLAY BASEBALL INSTEAD OF FOOTBALL] ...
    I know sometimes in the English language certain letter are silent, so I thought maybe that could also go for phrases. Are the edit/insertions I did on your last paragraph above accurate?

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

No, he can't play college level baseball. We learned that 2 years ago. Can't hit. Can't judge a fly ball.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Not sure your intent with the edit(s). But I know this, if Smith would forget football, and provided he actually is good at baseball, then we might have a good football team and a good baseball team.

Smith has now had 19 career starts at QB. We are 10-9. About half of those 9 losses are his fault. None of those 10 wins are because of him. That's all anyone, with a brain, needs to know.

+ Reply to Thread