+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pro Football Focus Player Grades: Louisiana Tech vs Southern

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Pro Football Focus Player Grades: Louisiana Tech vs Southern

J'Mar Smith played his best game as a Bulldog against Southern on Saturday night. https://latech.rivals.com/news/pro-f...ch-vs-southern

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Pro Football Focus Player Grades: Louisiana Tech vs Southern

I said I would withhold final judgment on Smith until after the LSU game. I'm not impressed at this point, but we'll see how he does against an NFL...er, I mean, SEC defense. He looked horrible against Moo State last year, but then, so did the whole team.

This is his time. No more excuses. No more, oh, Holtz has dumbed-down the playbook for Smith. No more BS! Time to step up and be a true Div I QB, one at Louisiana Tech where we KNOW what a good QB looks like.

No, I won't base my assessment on Tech winning this game. Even though I know we can if everyone brings their A+ game. I want to see Smith taking charge of our offense. Yes, LSU is stacked with great athletes on defense. NFL talent top to bottom. And yes, I expect to see LSU's defense making great plays, because they have the talent to do so. But I also expect to see Smith making good decisions, and it being obvious who is in charge out there when we have the ball.

This will be his 17th career start. He is not some wet-behind-the-ears rookie.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I said I would withhold final judgment on Smith until after the LSU game. I'm not impressed at this point, but we'll see how he does against an NFL...er, I mean, SEC defense. He looked horrible against Moo State last year, but then, so did the whole team.

This is his time. No more excuses. No more, oh, Holtz has dumbed-down the playbook for Smith. No more BS! Time to step up and be a true Div I QB, one at Louisiana Tech where we KNOW what a good QB looks like.

No, I won't base my assessment on Tech winning this game. Even though I know we can if everyone brings their A+ game. I want to see Smith taking charge of our offense. Yes, LSU is stacked with great athletes on defense. NFL talent top to bottom. And yes, I expect to see LSU's defense making great plays, because they have the talent to do so. But I also expect to see Smith making good decisions, and it being obvious who is in charge out there when we have the ball.

We win with an A grade offensive performance, no turnovers, and a defense similar to what we took to SC for the first 3 quarters.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

You can go head and write him off then dawger. He ain't gonna look impressive. They are gonna be bigger, stronger, faster. Our options will be limited. They will bring the pressure, guys will be covered, J'Mar is going to look hesitant out there.

Now, if he can limit turnovers and we can get 24 on the board somehow, we might have a chance. 24 will probably involve creating turnovers.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    You can go head and write him off then dawger. He ain't gonna look impressive. They are gonna be bigger, stronger, faster. Our options will be limited. They will bring the pressure, guys will be covered, J'Mar is going to look hesitant out there.

Now, if he can limit turnovers and we can get 24 on the board somehow, we might have a chance. 24 will probably involve creating turnovers.
    Don't agree.

I remember Matt Dunigan vs Baylor, with Mike Singletary, and other NFLers, and Matt overcame all the disadvantages and played a hell of a game. We lost 28-21. But, Matt had about 350 yds and 2 TDs, even though he was literally running for his life every play. They were pouring thru our OL like a sieve. Matt stepped up, took charge, and inspired the whole team to play the best they could.

That's what I want to see, what I expect to see. I've already said LSU is stacked with NFL talent on defense. There will be plays where Smith will throw the ball the only way it could be thrown, right place, right pace, and sometimes an LSU defender will make a play. Whether it's leaping like Michael Jordan and tipping a pass away, or diving in front a Tech receiver and batting it down. It's gonna happen.

Smith needs to take charge. Be in charge. I still think the rest of the offense don't follow him, don't look to him for leadership. He has got to change that. Be encouraging, fuss a little if a player misses an assignment (just a little), INSPIRE!!! It's those intangibles that separate real QBs....from throwers.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Don't agree.

I remember Matt Dunigan vs Baylor, with Mike Singletary, and other NFLers, and Matt overcame all the disadvantages and played a hell of a game. We lost 28-21. But, Matt had about 350 yds and 2 TDs, even though he was literally running for his life every play. They were pouring thru our OL like a sieve. Matt stepped up, took charge, and inspired the whole team to play the best they could.

That's what I want to see, what I expect to see. I've already said LSU is stacked with NFL talent on defense. There will be plays where Smith will throw the ball the only way it could be thrown, right place, right pace, and sometimes an LSU defender will make a play. Whether it's leaping like Michael Jordan and tipping a pass away, or diving in front a Tech receiver and batting it down. It's gonna happen.

Smith needs to take charge. Be in charge. I still think the rest of the offense don't follow him, don't look to him for leadership. He has got to change that. Be encouraging, fuss a little if a player misses an assignment (just a little), INSPIRE!!! It's those intangibles that separate real QBs....from throwers.
    Awsome post, 80....green for you.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    J'Mar Smith played his best game as a Bulldog against Southern on Saturday night. https://latech.rivals.com/news/pro-f...ch-vs-southern
    He has trouble with the slide. I thought he had injured himself again after that awkward slide.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He has trouble with the slide. I thought he had injured himself again after that awkward slide.
    ...and how strange is that since he was on the baseball team!

+ Reply to Thread