+ Reply to Thread
Page 245 of 326 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 4880

Thread: What are you listening to Today?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: It's that time of year. So.....what ya listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I see. So Commercial Success DOES matter to you.....when you want it to.
    Looks like consumers got it right this time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Jam_discography

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

And not only did they make progressively worse albums, they released a near infinite number of even worse live albums to torment the poor Pearl Jam fans that are “record completists.” That type of fleecing should be criminal.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Wouldn't know. Never been a Pearl Jam fan. I just find your hypocrisy amusing.

Wouldn't know. Never been a Pearl Jam fan. I just find your hypocrisy amusing.
    Hypocrisy how?

Franz Ferdinand - Shut Up Kiss Me (Angel Olsen cover)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-KU000Cf94I

The Hollies - the Air that I Breathe

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_wACCgCCjRc

Oneohtrix Point Never - Zebra

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M1QAM9rq1PA

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Hypocrisy how?
    You've made it no secret in the past that you hate super successful bands --like the Eagles, for a specific example-- because according to you they were too commercially successful, and were artistically dead due to their box office success.

Now you are slamming Pearl Jam for not being commercially successful enough. You complain that PJ essentially started out great, and sucked worse as time went on. Implying of course, that PJ was just not commercially successful enough for you as time went by.

So.....which is it?

You've made it no secret in the past that you hate super successful bands --like the Eagles, for a specific example-- because according to you they were too commercially successful, and were artistically dead due to their box office success.

Now you are slamming Pearl Jam for not being commercially successful enough. You complain that PJ essentially started out great, and sucked worse as time went on. Implying of course, that PJ was just not commercially successful enough for you as time went by.

So.....which is it?
    I didn’t imply that. You incorrectly inferred that. Pearl Jam sucked worse in each album because each album WAS in fact worse than their previous one. Even the critics generally agree with that. Ten (reissue) was a metacritic 84, which is a good but not fantastic aggregate score. Versus and Vitalogy are too old to have metacritic scores and they didn’t have reissues. It is just my opinion that they are worse than Ten and progressively so. The stuff that followed Yield and No Code score in the low 70s, which is pretty average.

And I also never said the Eagles were bad BECAUSE they were commercially successful. If they were much better though there is a fair chance they would have been less commercially successful.

An actual good song that the Eagles ripped off like a year later nearly chord for chord and tempo...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JFDj3shXvco

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Re: What are you listening to Today?

I love what these ladies have done with this Pink Floyd song.

Heart - Goodbye Blue Sky

PS: Catch the Kim Mulkey look alike backup singer.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Each person has his/her own taste in music. I have grown to like some music I didn't like when I was younger. I try to give each genre a try. There are some genre I just can't get into but I don't criticize others' taste in music. I just don't want it forced down my throat at a traffic intersection though. Hope you enjoy!

Parov Stelar feat. Maya Bensalem - Summertime

WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The Hollies - the Air that I Breathe

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_wACCgCCjRc
    Did you just post this "just because" or does this mean you actually like real music?

+ Reply to Thread