+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Uniform Thread

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Offseason Uniform Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    A GOOD/GREAT Brand = consistent INSTANT recognition - a flash, or glimpse and you know immediately who it is or what it is...

Tweaking a uniform is one thing - a total revamping each year is something else (and Oregon is the ONLY one who gets away with this) - there is no greater evidence of this than 30 miles east of here...
    Oregon can get away with it because their brand is the "O" and their colors are green and yellow. They use every derivative imaginable of those colors and are not ashamed to incorporate "accent" colors, often making them primary.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It's all about the brand....

Not mess with the BRAND -
    Exactly...if it ain't broke...don't fix it!!!!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    I'd like a statistical spread of BBB'ers who like, dislike, or feel neutral about all the new uniforms, with special attention to age :icon_wink:.
    31 yoa
    Helmet looks good
    Uniforms are AWFUL.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I think they look fine. I like how the helmet stripe narrows to points in the front.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Seems relevant to this thread (and the occasional discussion about alternate black uniforms):

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/26/151383...more-penalties

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Utah State introduces new logos and uniforms.

http://www.theupsetblog.com/2012/04/...new-logos.html

New logo

New football uniforms

I like their new uniforms better than their old ones, but I like their old U-State logo better than the new one.

Several teams have been going gray. Apparently gray is the new black.

I don't see how that logo is an upgrade.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 04-28-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The new logo isn't bad. Makes the "state" more prominent so it would be easier to see I guess.
    Old logo

The helmet is pretty awesome though.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I like their old logo better because "state" fits inside the "U" which makes the outline of the old logo simple. The new logo looks like they cut out the center to add "state." It just doesn't appear unified like their old one, if that makes any sense.

I thought their old logo was unique with the vertical "state." The new one looks like they copied Mississippi State, Iowa State, and even Oklahoma State.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I like their old logo better because "state" fits inside the "U" which makes the outline of the old logo simple. The new logo looks like they cut out the center to add "state." It just doesn't appear unified like their old one, if that makes any sense.

I thought their old logo was unique with the vertical "state." The new one looks like they copied Mississippi State, Iowa State, and even Oklahoma State.
    That was probably the point. They are trying to be to Utah what MSU, ISU, and OSU are to their states. Part of it is having the look. The problem with the previous logo is that the word "state" is too small to read. Now, it pops out to the reader. That is partly why those three have done it too I would think.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    That was probably the point. They are trying to be to Utah what MSU, ISU, and OSU are to their states. Part of it is having the look. The problem with the previous logo is that the word "state" is too small to read. Now, it pops out to the reader. That is partly why those three have done it too I would think.
    I agree. The word "state" was too small in the previous logo. I like the NEW Utah St logo much better than the old. And by the way, those new blue helmets look great.

HD

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Looks a lot like Nevada's unis, I like the new logo with the state more prominent, not the biggest fan of the unis though, I didnt think the old ones were that bad.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

They could have did a better job of making the State look like it wasn't just a photo that they pasted on top of a big U. Kinda looks like some Microsoft paint work to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    They could have did a better job of making the State look like it wasn't just a photo that they pasted on top of a big U. Kinda looks like some Microsoft paint work to me.
    I agree. I think that's why I don't like the logo. It's not continuous with the U.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I agree. I think that's why I don't like the logo. It's not continuous with the U.
    I can't believe we finally agreed on something.

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

Utah St had a lot of hype for such a lame logo.

+ Reply to Thread