+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2018/2019 C-USA Basketball Tournament moving to The Star in Frisco!

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Re: 2018/2019 C-USA Basketball Tournament moving to The Star in Frisco!

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    his name is Mayor Maher Maso? That's AWESOME.
    It is pretty awesome. Possibly the best named Mayor in the country.

Great guy. Attended an event at Dr. Pepper Ballpark when we first moved to Frisco. He came and played catch with my kids. Wish he could be the Mayor for the next decade.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I just hope UAB goes 2-10 in football this fall...
    Still an improvement over last year

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Shreveport/Bossier take note. This is how it's done.

Frisco hosting CUSA Basketball, Big 12 media day, a bowl game, college baseball tournament, home of NBA DL team, MLS soccer, etc.
    Are you serious?!?!?! S/BC has infinitely more experience putting on quality collegiate and professional sporting events. Why just look what S/BC has done with the minor league hockey, AA baseball, arena football, Canadian Football, Continental Basketball League, annual State Fair football game (Tech/NSU & Grambling/Alcorn), Saints pre-season football games, Independence Bowl.

Oh, wait. Uh, never mind...
    Last edited by dawg1984; 05-16-2017 at 05:23 PM. Reason: added emphasis to "uh, never mind" and added Saints preseason games.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Y'all come have fun with me on Twitter- these mtsu/cuab fans are as annoying as we can be

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

The C-USA East fans are very afraid that they will never get the tournament moved back out of Texas, so they will be at an attendance disadvantage. They will always complain about Frisco regardless of how well the tournament does.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: C-USA Basketball Tournament moving to The Star in Frisco!

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Not sure, they are supposedly making an announcement today. I imagine this would be a first class experience. The city of Frisco has been doing a great job hosting many different sporting events. Also, it's home of a NBA Development team, MLS, AA baseball, FCS championship, etc. They know how to run events.
    Amen.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I just hope UAB goes 2-10 in football this fall...
    I hope they at least beat Alabama A&M, Ball State, and Coastal Carolina so we don't have to listen to SBC fans trash C-USA. After that I don't really care as long as we beat them.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    And he wants to move C-USA headquarters to Frisco.
    That's not a bad idea either. Being headquartered in Frisco is a hell of a lot better than being in Irving.

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Y'all come have fun with me on Twitter- these mtsu/cuab fans are as annoying as we can be
    Most of those CUSA-East fans have a big chip on their shoulder about Texas anyway. Most of 'em are simple-minded hillbillies that just don't know anything about running 1st class events like this. They may not know it yet, but this will be a great event for them and their school.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I'm not convinced UAB will even field a football team this fall...
    Please elaborate

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Southland Conference is headquartered in Frisco already. CUSA should join. They are in the same building as a law firm my students intern with. Maher is awesome. They new mayor will pick up right where Maher is leaving off. The city manager and the deputy manager (who handles most of the sports deals) will work with the Jones and this will be awesome. The Omni hotel (opens summer of 17), and some of the shops on site should be open by then as well. Frisco really wants to be a sports haven.

This should kill the tournament from ever going back east.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Not to get ahead of things, but just imagine if Tech can:
    1. keep going to the HOD Bowl vs a P5 regularly in football and maybe reach the Access Bowl a few times,
    2. start winning some CUSA mens & womens basketball tournaments to get to the NCAA tournament,
    3. keep building on the recent baseball and softball success.

This Frisco CUSA tournament could become a key pillar to setting us up as an elite G5 program (in postseason and recruiting).

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's not a bad idea either. Being headquartered in Frisco is a hell of a lot better than being in Irving.
    I think the C-USA offices are actually in Las Colinas but with an Irving address. I'm not familiar with the area.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Please elaborate
    I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a last ditch effort to kill UAB football for good.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I think the C-USA offices are actually in Las Colinas but with an Irving address. I'm not familiar with the area.
    Las Colinas is part of Irving. One of regional offices that i work for is located there. I guess you would call it a district/region.

+ Reply to Thread