+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korea launches ballistic missile, pentagon confirms

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: North Korea launches ballistic missile, pentagon confirms

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I could play play golf or cards with Trump. There is nothing I (or any other normal person) would enjoy doing with Hillary the bitch. She is a horrible exuse for a human. Obama is right there with her. You can have them.
    I would enjoy her giving me her money or her making people associated with the Clinton Foundation giving me their money.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I would enjoy her giving me her money or her making people associated with the Clinton Foundation giving me their money.
    Nah, you would not do what is would take to "earn" the money.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Nah, you would not do what is would take to "earn" the money.
    Seems all it takes is to be able to do nothing. I'm pretty great at doing nothing.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    And don't play dumb. You guys knew this was the ultimate downside risk with Trump.
    Can you tell us what the "ultimate upside" would be for an idiot who starves his people in order to pursue Nuclear power status ???
    I would guess "proliferation" of nuclear weapons in a few more rogue nations is about a bad as it could get. Talk about global warming

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Ok, aside for the Trump concerned pissing match that y'all seem to love, I've got a couple of questions about the NK situation.

As far as missiles go, we've helped Israel with the Iron Dome and maybe I am being naive but I've got to think the military has something more up its sleeve than the publicized anti-ICBM program we've seen twice. Could it be realistically possible that we have the capability of knocking anything KJI shoots down? Do I expect too much from the most well funded military in the world?

As far as Trump's last tweets about being "locked and loaded" and the military being "ready to fight tonight," what am I missing about those statements? To me, they are true. Again, I trust the military, especially with a real threat being posed, to be on alert and in fact ready to go to war tonight if the Norks actually try anything against SK, Guam or other military targets. I know Trump is the Commander in Chief, but I don't think he would command to fire first.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Ok, aside for the Trump concerned pissing match that y'all seem to love, I've got a couple of questions about the NK situation.

As far as missiles go, we've helped Israel with the Iron Dome and maybe I am being naive but I've got to think the military has something more up its sleeve than the publicized anti-ICBM program we've seen twice. Could it be realistically possible that we have the capability of knocking anything KJI shoots down? Do I expect too much from the most well funded military in the world?

As far as Trump's last tweets about being "locked and loaded" and the military being "ready to fight tonight," what am I missing about those statements? To me, they are true. Again, I trust the military, especially with a real threat being posed, to be on alert and in fact ready to go to war tonight if the Norks actually try anything against SK, Guam or other military targets. I know Trump is the Commander in Chief, but I don't think he would command to fire first.
    Yes, we can knock them down before they strike land.

KJI will not launch again.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Yes, we can knock them down before they strike land.

KJI will not launch again.
    We think we can knock them down before they strike land. Never proven under combat conditions.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    We think we can knock them down before they strike land. Never proven under combat conditions.
    Wow! Then maybe we should sit down with KJI and try to negotiate...maybe draw another red line...

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Wow! Then maybe we should sit down with KJI and try to negotiate...maybe draw another red line...
    If we attack North Korea without them throwing the first punch, China will entry the fight. Do you really want a war with China?

Yeah, they have MIRVs. BTW, how good do you think our anti-missile defenses are if the enemy explodes a nuclear warhead just before our missile would take it out?

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

I understand that it is not battle tested, but I would assume something pretty close to that has been proven. My point though is we, the general public, wouldn't know and the military does have reasons to not share that information.

I understand that it is not battle tested, but I would assume something pretty close to that has been proven. My point though is we, the general public, wouldn't know and the military does have reasons to not share that information.
    Sorry, but our anti-missile defense are just something to stop one or two non-MIRV warheads from landing. Anything more than that and all bets are off. Several good articles about it in Scientific Anerican. Exploding a 1.5 megaton warhead 100 miles in the atmosphere creates a lot of EMP and ionized radiation and our system have never been tested under those conditions.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Can true statements not be provocations? When we say such things, the pattern is that NK retaliates with a behavior that is more aggressive than the previous time. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Can true statements not be provocations? When we say such things, the pattern is that NK retaliates with a behavior that is more aggressive than the previous time. The two are not mutually exclusive.
    Sorry, but that thinking is exactly why we are where we are. Just ask "Gorby," or "Mr. K.," and they had thousands of nukes aimed at little old us. "Fat head" has to be out fat-headed (rhetorically speaking).

The truth can be provocative if one hates the truth, but I digress. But you are correct, mini-Pol Pot does fire back more aggressively. I could be wrong, but I would imagine the pudgy dictator doesn't actually want to die, which in a war with the US would be a certainty. I honestly think he knows what will happen if he actually targets the US or SK/Japan and it wouldn't be an invasion.

Sorry, but our anti-missile defense are just something to stop one or two non-MIRV warheads from landing. Anything more than that and all bets are off. Several good articles about it in Scientific Anerican. Exploding a 1.5 megaton warhead 100 miles in the atmosphere creates a lot of EMP and ionized radiation and our system have never been tested under those conditions.
    Again, I don't think that the military would be bragging about the capabilities of a missile defense in Scientific American. I could be wrong, but most of the military strategists are not Trump equivalents.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

The truth can be provocative if one hates the truth, but I digress. But you are correct, mini-Pol Pot does fire back more aggressively. I could be wrong, but I would imagine the pudgy dictator doesn't actually want to die, which in a war with the US would be a certainty. I honestly think he knows what will happen if he actually targets the US or SK/Japan and it wouldn't be an invasion.
    What if he isn't afraid to die?

+ Reply to Thread