+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: $250 million expansion

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: $250 million expansion

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    What is really frustrating to me is that ULM will find a way to get the state to fund the addition of an athletic center onto Malone stadium as soon as the paint dries on ours.
    I know one way ULM can save the State of Louisiana some money on a new athletic center at Malone Stadium. To paraphrase Jerry "the King" Lawler, the ULM athletic center should be built out of toilet paper, because there's nothing in Malone Stadium but crap.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Only this weekend did I have this discussion with the spouse. He graduated from 2 and attended another out-of-state school, and they are forever calling for money. I'm talking one of the three probably once a month or it seems like it. After one call last week I commented that in the 39 years since I graduated Tech I can count on my hand the times they've called for money. Not that I want to be bombarded with calls, but it seems like they don't even try.
    Have you talked to the alumni center about this? I'm sure they could tell you why you haven't been solicited.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    I've never had one phone call from Louisiana Tech regarding the university's endowment. The College of Business & the COES mails fundraising requests (new buildings, recent news, etc.) about 6-8 times a year on average. The ticket office calls me to push season tickets and tickets for important games, but that's only been in the last year or so.

I usually get irritated by salesman over the phone, but it would be nice to get a call from the university on fundraising for the Q4E and the endowment. That would show me they are becoming more active in fundraising.
    I know, it wouldnt nearly annoy me as much coming from a place I have a connection with. I can understand DR's do not call list to an extent, but that is the way the world works. Ever been involved at a church in something? What happens next? They start calling you about all sorts of ways to give back. That is the way life works, those that are willing and have the resources are the ones who are more likely to keep giving for other fundraisers. Thus, they are the ones who are constantly called on.

When I graduated at Rice, they hit us hard to commit to give back long-term(of course it was grad school, so that is expected more). Now, I have never received anything from Rice about athletics hardly, but Rice isnt exactly the place you want to model your athletics around (save baseball).

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    They should be able to get the laundromat, because it's been listed for sale for a while. I think the asking price is around $200K, maybe $250K. It'd be a good place for another restaurant near campus, as long as Tech doesn't use eminent domain to get it from you.
    FWIW, the laundromat still has a Century 21 For Sale sign in front of the business. Also, the old Kappa Sigma house near the row of apartments has been torn down although the rumble has not been cleared away yet.
    Last edited by TechAlum05; 05-29-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

New Delta Chi fraternity house

http://rustonleader.com/node/9773

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    New Delta Chi fraternity house

http://rustonleader.com/node/9773
    Very nice.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

ATO and KA should look into moving over to the Mississippi St area.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    ATO and KA should look into moving over to the Mississippi St area.
    and SAE, Kappa Sig, and Pi Kapp.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Seriously doubt ATO will ever give up the "hill".

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

McAllisters is now open in Tolliver and its open on weekends too!

And Delta Chi house was just demolished today

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    And Delta Chi house was just demolished today
    WOW! Must have been some kind of great party!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    WOW! Must have been some kind of great party!

Last edited by TechAlum05; 03-14-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Latest pictures of Tech Pointe as of 5:00 this afternoon:

100_1835.jpg
    100_1837.jpg
    100_1842.jpg
    100_1839.jpg
    100_1840.jpg

Pictures of the new College of Business Building worksite across the street from Tech Pointe.

100_1845.jpg

100_1844.jpg

100_1847.jpg

Pictures of the Intramural Center expansion:

100_1907.jpg

Attachment 7047

100_1919.jpg

100_1913.jpg

100_1917.jpg

+ Reply to Thread