+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cowboys Thread

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Dallas Cowboys Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Romo is a better athlete than Troy, but I don't know that I think he's a better QB. While I don't share the "blame Romo" view of the Cowboys recent seasons (if anything, I think he's carried an average team higher than it otherwise would be for the most part), Troy was deadly accurate and made few mistakes. In many ways Troy ends up underrated because there was a lot of talent around him--a problem Romo hasn't had the priviledge of sharing
    Troy is underrated because his stats are just okay. His TD to INT ration isnt that great. It should have been better with that talent around him is what most people think. He was good, no doubt. I think being on that talented team actually launched him into HoF credentials from what would have been a borderline career.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Troy is underrated because his stats are just okay. His TD to INT ration isnt that great. It should have been better with that talent around him is what most people think. He was good, no doubt. I think being on that talented team actually launched him into HoF credentials from what would have been a borderline career.
    I agree to an extent. I do think he was capable of more but he was never going to have the big numbers on an offense built around pounding the ball over and over again. I also think he would have been hospitalized multiple times had he played with Romo's O-Lines.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I agree to an extent. I do think he was capable of more but he was never going to have the big numbers on an offense built around pounding the ball over and over again. I also think he would have been hospitalized multiple times had he played with Romo's O-Lines.
    Aikman was solid, I just always thought his rating would have been a little higher for his time with a better TD to INT ratio given the O. I know he had a rough beginning and end, but that is normal for most QBs, though his was exceptionally bad for his stats. I know Aikman complains about throwing INTs at halftime on hail marys because that is what Jimmie always wanted to do, though I have seen other QBs do that. I just dont know. I try to compare him to other QBs of the time, and he had a solid 6 year run, where he was in the top 5ish of QBs. He just never had that 3 year run where his stats just said "I was absolutely elite" like many HoF QBs do.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Better be careful of the SB jinx. The last two NFL teams that hosted a super bowl lost their quarterback for most if not all of the season (Peyton last year and Romo the year before)
    I do believe the disgruntled contract talks and Bounty gate are the Saints' version of the SB jinx.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    I do believe the disgruntled contract talks and Bounty gate are the Saints' version of the SB jinx.
    I never thought about that.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Cowboy ex Head Coach Parcells???? Hum...

Could Bill Parcells be the man to lead the New Orleans Saints through 2012? Posted By: mvtrucking Posted On Today 10:59 AM

Full Story – Examiner.Com

During the afternoon hours on Thursday, reports started circulating that New Orleans Saints offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael was named the interim head coach of the team for the 2012 season. There of course is not truth to these reports as of yet, but someone is going to have to take over for suspended head coach Sean Payton. Who could it be?

A few other names besides Carmichael's have been thrown around including new defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo and even Bill Parcells. Yes, that Bill Parcells.

By Danny Cox / New Orleans Saints Examiner

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Be very careful per throwing stones.

MARA SAYS REDSKINS, COWBOYS ARE LUCKY THEY DIDN’T LOSE DRAFT PICKS
    Last Updated 3:35 PM, March 25, 2012 EDT

Now you're just acting like a big ole BABY!! Give it a rest. It's still March.

HD

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

You do realize that Mara owns the Giants, don't you?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

You do realize that Mara owns the Giants, don't you?
    Not sure HD knows that at all.

Not sure HD knows that at all.
    I was actually referring to your post about him saying the Cowboys are lucky they didn't lose draft picks. What do you expect him to say, he hates the cowboys and was looking to stick it to them.

This is a no win situation for the Cowboys and Redskins. I think every article I have read says the Cowboys and Redskins should win, but we have all seen the power Gooddell has and you do not want him as an enemy and that is exactly what will happen if the Cowboys and Redskins win.

This is a no win situation for the Cowboys and Redskins. I think every article I have read says the Cowboys and Redskins should win, but we have all seen the power Gooddell has and you do not want him as an enemy and that is exactly what will happen if the Cowboys and Redskins win.
    I've also been in a lawsuit against JJ (company I was a partner in and later sold) and when he clams up...something is usually up. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do the opposite and slap a big one on Goodell and the NFL.

+ Reply to Thread