+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Baseball. Bulldogs Drop Opener at Middle Tennessee, 6-3

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Re: MTSU Series - Game 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I don't think winning the next 2 would make us a "lock" for the NCAA Tourney. Winning those 2 and going 2-and-Que in the C-USA Tourney would put us squarely on the bubble, likely on the outside looking in. This loss really hurts.
    We'll be fine. The number 6 rpi conference in the country will get more than 2 teams in the tourney, and tech will be the third best team in the conference (if we win these last two), thus a "lock" for the tourney. Will be interesting though if somebody besides So Miss, ODU, or Tech wins the CUSA tourney.

It's always interesting to see all the doom and gloom posts after one road conference loss. It's just one loss. If we win the next two, that'll be seven series wins in a row... and we have Nasty Nate on the mound tomorrow. How could we get left out of the field with that resume on our side.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rlirette View Post
    We'll be fine. The number 6 rpi conference in the country will get more than 2 teams in the tourney, and tech will be the third best team in the conference (if we win these last two), thus a "lock" for the tourney. Will be interesting though if somebody besides So Miss, ODU, or Tech wins the CUSA tourney.

It's always interesting to see all the doom and gloom posts after one road conference loss. It's just one loss. If we win the next two, that'll be seven series wins in a row... and we have Nasty Nate on the mound tomorrow. How could we get left out of the field with that resume on our side.
    We are 20-15 in our last 35 games. Try to keep up.

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    We are 20-15 in our last 35 games. Try to keep up.
    Try to keep up? Why are you being a dick? I'm making an argument for tech and you are making an argument against tech.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Baseball. Bulldogs Drop Opener at Middle Tennessee, 6-3

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

The Bulldogs had two runs, before registering their first out, but it wasn’t enough as Louisiana Tech dropped the series opener at Middle Tennessee 6-3 on Friday night in Murfreesboro.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

More like you are being a Tech cheerleader instead of looking at our resume without bias like the NCAA Selection Committee will. Our resume isn't as good as you think it is.

You aren't factoring in all the variables. We have no clue how many bid thieves there will be. You aren't factoring in a possible 2-&-Q in the C-USA Tourney that could potentially drop our RPI ~10 spots. You aren't factoring in ODU potentially not being a Top 45/50 team, which would leave Tech without a single series win over an NCAA Tourney team. Last year we finished the regular season with a sweep over a Top 25 team. Then we added another win over Rice and another Top 25 win over FAU in the C-USA Tourney. Our conference record is worse than last year, and C-USA is weaker than last year thanks to Rice. Last year we had 10 Top 50 wins on selection day. This year we only have 6 right now, and ULL and ODU (x2) could fall out of the Top 50 leaving us with only 3. We weren't swept at all last year, but this year we were swept at home.

That would make you either naive or would mean you are talking out of your butt. Simply beating the lowly MUTS won't make us a "lock" for the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    More like you are being a Tech cheerleader instead of looking at our resume without bias like the NCAA Selection Committee will. Our resume isn't as good as you think it is.

You aren't factoring in all the variables. We have no clue how many bid thieves there will be. You aren't factoring in a possible 2-&-Q in the C-USA Tourney that could potentially drop our RPI ~10 spots. You aren't factoring in ODU potentially not being a Top 45/50 team, which would leave Tech without a single series win over an NCAA Tourney team. Last year we finished the regular season with a sweep over a Top 25 team. Then we added another win over Rice and another Top 25 win over FAU in the C-USA Tourney. Our conference record is worse than last year, and C-USA is weaker than last year thanks to Rice. Last year we had 10 Top 50 wins on selection day. This year we only have 6 right now, and ULL and ODU (x2) could fall out of the Top 50 leaving us with only 3. We weren't swept at all last year, but this year we were swept at home.

That would make you either naive or would mean you are talking out of your butt. Simply beating the lowly MUTS won't make us a "lock" for the tourney.
    I see you are a glass half empty type of person. So, if my slow, naive, "talking out of my butt" brain, is "keeping up" with what you are saying, then there is a chance CUSA is a one bid league this year? I don't think that's realistic at all.

You are presenting all the worse case scenarios: "bid thieves", 2 and out in CUSA tourney, ODU dropping from Top 50, ULL dropping from Top 50.

I apologize for trying to be optimistic to counteract all the negative talk on here. I'll never do it again.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I apologize for trying to be optimistic to counteract all the negative talk on here. I'll never do it again.
    Keep it up. Different perspectives and personalities are part of the game discussion that makes it great.

We were sloppy last night. Hitting it right to them is part of the game. Making base running mistakes is not.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Keep it up. Different perspectives and personalities are part of the game discussion that makes it great.

We were sloppy last night. Hitting it right to them is part of the game. Making base running mistakes is not.
    Eh, I'll probably pass. I don't feel like getting called a tech cheerleader, naive, talking out of my butt, or "to try to keep up". I don't enjoy those conversations.

It's really easy to fixate on all the negative aspects of a team's potential resume after a loss. We likely aren't a "lock" per se but an RPI around 33 with wins over MSST and Arkansas and a
    high non-conference RPI shows the committee we did enough out of conference to be in over other teams with similar resumes in the unlikely event we do go 0-2 in the CUSA tourney.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Eh, I'll probably pass. I don't feel like getting called a tech cheerleader, naive, talking out of my butt, or "to try to keep up".
    It has never bothered 110 or 65.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

On the Talking Tech baseball show Coach mentioned again, that Nate Harris' Grandfather was very sick. Coach mentioned it after game last weekend. Nate was going to see Grandfather, they were very close. Coach said family first. In addition Coach said IF Nate was used against MTSU, he would have to think in terms of using him to start first game tournament next week and allow rest before that game. Coach did not want to chance losing first game in a double elimination format. Frustration again for me has been with a senior heavy team from last year. We should be more consistent, especially in hitting and playing fundamentals. Pitching without Nate is unpredictable. I keep thinking about how many positions we have to fill next year. Talk about rebuilding. USM was coming into year with a pretty young team.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    On the Talking Tech baseball show Coach mentioned again, that Nate Harris' Grandfather was very sick. Coach mentioned it after game last weekend. Nate was going to see Grandfather, they were very close. Coach said family first. In addition Coach said IF Nate was used against MTSU, he would have to think in terms of using him to start first game tournament next week and allow rest before that game. Coach did not want to chance losing first game in a double elimination format. Frustration again for me has been with a senior heavy team from last year. We should be more consistent, especially in hitting and playing fundamentals. Pitching without Nate is unpredictable. I keep thinking about how many positions we have to fill next year. Talk about rebuilding. USM was coming into year with a pretty young team.
    He said in the pre-game last night that Nate would go tonight and likely be on a pitch count.

Yes, we have some positions to fill next year. No way to replace them all in one year. Most assume Diaz will go as well.

We do have some good players coming up and HCLB will find some juco guys to fill other needs.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I see you are a glass half empty type of person. So, if my slow, naive, "talking out of my butt" brain, is "keeping up" with what you are saying, then there is a chance CUSA is a one bid league this year? I don't think that's realistic at all.

You are presenting all the worse case scenarios: "bid thieves", 2 and out in CUSA tourney, ODU dropping from Top 50, ULL dropping from Top 50.

Nope. You claimed we would be a "lock" for the NCAA Tourney if we beat the MUTS the next two games. I called out your claim as BS because it's simply not true.

There's a difference between having a positive/negative outlook and posting something that's true/false.

Feel free to post whatever you want, but if you say something that's not true, you're probably going to get corrected.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Baseball. Bulldogs Drop Opener at Middle Tennessee, 6-3

Honest question -

How did he mismanage the staff yesterday?

He pulled Griffen early, when he was getting rocked

Got Linck out after surrendering two runs

Hamilton did a good job closing the door and shutting things down

3 runs will not win you many ballgames at any level these days
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Honest question -

How did he mismanage the staff yesterday?

He pulled Griffen early, when he was getting rocked

Got Linck out after surrendering two runs

Hamilton did a good job closing the door and shutting things down

3 runs will not win you many ballgames at any level these days
    Uh, not starting your ace in game one of the series. Admittedly, the hitting was embarrassing, but maybe 3 is enough with our ace pitching. Apparently there were extenuating circumstances but we have not done it in previous series either.

Win game one and you have confidence, momentum, and it puts your opponents on the defensive.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Uh, not starting your ace in game one of the series. Admittedly, the hitting was embarrassing, but maybe 3 is enough with our ace pitching. Apparently there were extenuating circumstances but we have not done it in previous series either.

Win game one and you have confidence, momentum, and it puts your opponents on the defensive.
    You've won 6 series in a row with that rotation - two of them sweeps

Once again how did he mismanage his rotation?

Not taking into account that Nate -

Wuld be starting on one days LESS rest after dealing with family issues - going from Ruston to San Antonio back to Ruston and then to Murpheesboro...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread