+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UNT hires Conroy Hines

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

UNT hires Conroy Hines

Conroy Hines was added to the UNT coaching staff as the WR coach. Good hire? Will he be missed at Louisiana Tech?

I would like some honest opinions on Coach Hines.

Thanks in advance.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: UNT hires Conroy Hines

many on here didn't like him. i personally think it is difficult to evaluate him as a wr coach. his first try at that position he had an outstanding wr squad. his second attempt, not so much. in between those times, he was offensive coordinator for one of the most prolific (and adaptable) offenses in the nation until his final year at that position. others have criticized him as an oc, but i found him to be good at tayloring the offense to the talent available, and excellent at situational play calling.

most importantly, it is reported that he was a huge factor in holding players accountable academically and keeping them eligible.

others may disagree, but i will definitely miss him.
    Last edited by arkansasbob; 03-15-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DeepGreen View Post
    Conroy Hines was added to the UNT coaching staff as the WR coach. Good hire? Will he be missed at Louisiana Tech?

Thanks in advance.
    You guys will Love Him! He is a great guy!

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Thanks in advance.
    THanks for serving our nation! You'll like him a real solid man and coach!

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

See this thread, Green. I personally think he'll be missed -- at the very least as a positive influence on the young guys in the program.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Thanks in advance.
    He was not on staff when UNT hired him. Coach Dooley fired him before he left for Tennessee.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

He was probably fired by Dooley because he was a poor recruiter. He recruited Arkansas for the last 3 years and never signed a player.
    Last edited by DONW; 03-16-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Thanks in advance.
    Dooley fired him...

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I think, as with any coach, you have those who liked them and those who didn't. Conroy is a very loyal and dependable person. I think his personality and coaching style was probably much different than Dooley's and that Dooley probably kept him on staff as long as he did probably because he had to do so. In hindsight, I think many will have to say that when Conroy was OC, our offense was better than we thought at the time although still fairly predictable. I've heard that he wasn't exactly a strong recruiter. However, once you get the kids on campus, he is very approachable. He's that way for the fans as well. In addition as someone pointed out, if you want your kids to make the grades, Dodge would do well to assign the academic mentoring to Conroy. He'll make sure the kids are getting to class and getting their work done while at the same time establishing good relationships with the academic faculty.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Dooley fired him...
    Right now, that fact is too early use as a qualification on Conroy's ability. Dooley should have fired himself. Personally, I believe Conroy's and Dooley's personalities clashed, and to be honest, Conroy was probably relieved.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

He was great at helping our boys maintain academic eligibility and one of the reasons we have the top graduation rate among athletes in the state.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Thanks in advance.
    Good hire. He will be a valuable asset on and off the field.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful person. Would be a great academics/character coordinator, but is a coaching trainwreck.

Varsity Bulldog PTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the rough PTDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    He was probably fired by Dooley because he was a poor recruiter. He recruited Arkansas for the last 3 years and never signed a player. I talked to him on the phone about some recruits in Arkansas but his excuse was that if they weren't listed on rivals, they weren't worth looking at.
    Really Don? I have never heard of this before. Oh wait! Yeah I have. From you a million damn times.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PTDAWG View Post
    Really Don? I have never heard of this before. Oh wait! Yeah I have. From you a million damn times.
    Sorry, I guess I didn't realize I had made that many post.
    Last edited by DONW; 03-16-2010 at 04:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread